Name: Li Jifeng (李继峰)
Age: Unknown
Address: Lianhua Township, Shulan City, Jilin Province
Occupation: Farmer

Date of Most Recent Arrest: July, 2000
Most recent place of detention:
Brainwashing Center
City: Shulan City
Jilin Province
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, Physical Constraint, Beatings, Forced Labor, Sleep Deprivation,Torture, Extortion.
Key Persecutors:
Li Yueliang (李月亮), Wang Ximin (王喜民)

( Mr. Li Jifeng is from Shulan City, Jilin Province. After becoming a Falun Gong practitioner, he was strict with himself yet tolerant of others. Everyone speaks very highly of him. Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Mr. Li has been arrested and detained several times. Because he refuses to give up the practice, he has been brutally tortured.

What follows is Mr. Li Jifeng's oral report, transcribed with the help of a fellow practitioner.

On August 26, 1999, chief Li Yueliang; officers Guo Yuchang, Guo Zhongxian, Xing Lanxue, and Sun Hongbo; driver Zhao Xinjiang; and Zhang Jili from the Lianhua Township Police Station went all out to arrest Falun Dafa practitioners. Mr. Li Fengchun, Mr. Qu Hongxiang, Mr. Wang Shuquan, Ms. Liu Mingke, Mr. Fan Dewen, Mr. Wang, and myself were all arrested. We were taken to the local police station. Officer Sun Hongbo used several methods to persecute us. He handcuffed Ms. Liu Mingke and Mr. Wang to a chair and opened the windows to let mosquitoes in to bite them. He forced us to do "Flying the Airplane" (the victim is forced to bend over at a right angle and raise his arms behind his back) and prolonged "squats." Sun Hongbo knew that practitioners do not smoke or drink alcohol, so he stuck lit cigarettes into our mouths. When he saw that we did not give up our beliefs, he and the other policemen drew a circle on the wall and forced us to stay with our mouths touching the circle.

After a whole night of torture, the other practitioners and I were taken to the Shulan City Nanshan Detention Center. Policeman Zhang Yong forced us to move stones and dirt. One day Zhang Yong beat Ms. Liu Mingke badly. We were released after 15 days.

On the evening of October 1st, 1999, Li Yueliang, the head of the Lianhua Township Police Station, and officers Sun Hongbo and Guo Zhongxian came to my home and arrested Mr. Qu Hongxiang and me. We were beaten and tortured, and then released the next day. In the evening on October 6, they came again and arrested Mr. Liu Fengchun, Mr. Wang Shuquan, and me. We were beaten for a whole night and taken to the Nanshan Detention Center. We were assigned to the third group of the third team. We were forced to build Tiande Bridge. As we worked, the guards intentionally found excuses to force us to stay in the cold water and used spades and thick wooden sticks to hit our heads.

Right before I was about to be released, a policeman whose family name is Wang tried to force me to write a pledge denouncing Falun Dafa. I refused. He held me in the detention center. The head of the cell tried to force me to write the pledge again. They beat me because I refused. One day two criminals tortured me. I was hung upside down. My head was put inside a trash can to smell the stink. Their goal was to force me to give up Falun Dafa, but I refused. They said that I would be allowed to go home if I cursed Dafa and Master, but that otherwise I would be sent to a labor camp.

I was sent to Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp for one year. The local police did not tell my family where I was detained. My family members were very worried. Eventually they found where I was through friends.

Around November 2000, Wang Ximin, head of the Lianhua Township Police Station; Li Fengmin; and driver Zhao Xinqiang arrested me again and forced me to admit I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. They also asked about other practitioners. I said I didn't know. Wang Ximin hit me in the face numerous times and poured liquor into my mouth. He tortured me in different ways. I did not give in. Wang Ximin tricked my wife, Ma Yuyan, also a practitioner, into going to the police station. When they started to try to force me to admit that I went to Beijing, my wife defended me. Wang Ximin beat her, and we were both taken to the Nanshan Detention Center. A policeman hit my face for no reason just after I got out of the vehicle. They detained my wife for one day and night, and then sent her to another detention center.

In the detention center, inmates beat and cursed me. They did not allow me to take off my clothes and poured cold water on me. The detention center was wet and cold, and I developed scabies all over my body. It was painful and itchy. My clothes were covered with blood, and my whole body was swollen. The criminals tortured me even harder. They did not allow me to wash my clothes, so I was forced to use toilet water to wash my clothes. I could not dry my clothes and was forced to put them on wet.

The police tried to force me to write a pledge denouncing Falun Dafa. I refused to write it and was sentenced to one year of forced labor. Mr. Gao Chunming and I were sent to Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp and assigned to the fifth section of the second group. The inmates persecuted me again after seeing that I had scabies. They poured cold water on me. After the Chinese New Year, the guards gathered all the practitioners together to persecute them. We were forced to do hard labor for over ten hours a day sorting garbage. There is a man-made hill there, and all the dirt and stones were carried to it by Falun Dafa practitioners.

We were forced to do physical exercises. They did not let us sleep sometimes. Every day the buns we ate were dirty and were priced several times higher than the market price. Inmates often beat me. Every day I lived in terror. I was tortured mentally and physically.

One day, the police went all out to persecute practitioners. They forced us downstairs. The practitioners upstairs shouted, "Falun Dafa is good." They brutally beat us, and one practitioner was beaten to death. I did not know his name. A practitioner by the name of Niu Junhui was locked on the stairs. They did not allow him to sleep or go to the restroom. He was beaten badly. Later, he was sent to the hospital.

After I got home, I learned that when my wife and I were sent to the Nanshan Detention Center, our two young children were left at home with no money. Their uncle sold the rice for them, but the police station took all the money. They had no money to live on. My wife sold the building materials for our new house and survived with the children. My daughter was forced to leave school because there was no money to pay her school fees. She was only 13 years old at the time.

During the CCP's 16th Party Congress, villager Liu Fengjun reported me again. He started to monitor me. Policeman Dong Changchun, driver Zhao Xinjiang, and a policeman whose family name is Mei came to my home to harass me. They did not succeed the first time. Several days later, they brought me to the police station, handcuffed me to the heating equipment, and beat me. The second day, I was taken to the Nanshuan Detention Center and detained for about 40 days.

Then they sent me to Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp for two years. They tried to force me to write a pledge denouncing Falun Dafa, but I refused. My term was extended by an additional month and I was locked in a small cell. In the winter, they opened the windows to freeze me. I was forced to sit all day. My ankles were broken. My buttocks began to fester and the bones showed. All my nails were black due to being burned with cigarettes. One inmate hit me with a leather belt. He hit me so hard that belt cut his hand. Although I was persecuted severely, I did not give up my belief. They covered my head with comforters and tried to smother me. I shouted "Falun Dafa is good!" Inmates tried to cover my mouth, afraid others would hear me. They closed all the doors tightly. The CCP police can do anything to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners. My wife came to the labor camp to bring me home when I did not return at the end of my term. I came home with injures all over my body.

In July 2000, Xiangshui, Jishu Town, Shulan City, operated a brainwashing session. Li Shubo, Yang Wenxue, and Hu Guoxiao from the Lianhua Township Police Station came to harass me. My wife turned them away. Several days later, they broke into my home to arrest me. I was taken to the brainwashing site. I sent righteous thoughts and refused to cooperate. Li San and Yang Wenxue deceived me and said that my family needed me to build their house. I was forced to write the guarantee statement and was able to go home.

In ten years of being persecuted by the CCP, my suffering is only a small sampling of the persecution experienced by hundreds of thousands of Falun Dafa practitioners in Mainland China.

Written on 9/29/09