Additional News from China - September 16, 2008 (23 Reports)
Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 16 cities or counties in 10 provinces. In this report, 23 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 31 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Tongliao City, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Tang Liwen on the Verge of Death
On January 4, 2008, Ms. Tang Liwen from Tongliao City was arrested by officers of the local National Security Team. She has been detained and persecuted in the Hexi Detention Center in Tongliao City. On August 21, 2008, the local court sentenced her to seven years of imprisonment. Ms. Tang went on a hunger strike to resist the persecution. Now she is delirious and cannot take care of herself.
2. [Ying County, Shanxi Province] Ms. Han Min Persecuted
On April 22, 2008, the lawless personnel of the Ying County 610 Office went to search the home of Ms. Han Min. Ms. Han was forced to become homeless to avoid arrest.
3. [Datong City, Shanxi Province] In September 2008, Ms. Sun Shuangwen Was Illegally Sentenced to Six Years of Imprisonment in Fanzhi County, Yizhou City, Shanxi Province
4. [Nanchong City, Sichuan Province] The Politics and Law Committee, the National Security Team, the 610 Office of Nanbu County and the Jianxing Town Police Station Arrested More Than 30 Falun Dafa Practitioners During the Beijing Olympic Games
5. [Chongqing City] In the Middle of August 2008, Mr. Zhang Dexue from Fuling District Was Arrested and His Home Was Searched
6. [Datong City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Cui Yuping Detained
On September 14, 2008, Ms. Cui Yuping went by the Datong Coal Mining Administration and saw another practitioner clarifying the truth about Falun Gong to a man and a woman. The man broke the truth-clarifying CD the practitioner had given him, and intended to seize the practitioner and report him to the police. Ms. Cui approached and tried to reason with the man; however, she was seized by the man and then arrested by the police who came soon after. She was taken to the Xinpingwang Street Police Station. Ms.Cui's left eye was bruised. At noon the next day, she was released.
7. [Laiyang City, Shandong Province] In September 2008, Ms. Jiang Dongmei Was Arrested and Taken to Zibo City
8. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Ms. Cui Xiuqing from Huapichang Town Arrested and Her Home Searched on Night of September 12, 2008
9. [Guangyuan City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Liang Kunhua and His Wife Arrested at Changdu Computer City on September 14, 2008
10. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Mr. Meng Zhaowen and His Wife Ms. Geng Shuqin Sent to Labor Camps
On September 13, 2008, Mr. Meng Zhaowen and his wife Ms. Geng Shuqin were sentenced to one year of forced labor after having been detained for 15 days. Now they are being detained in the Fifth Division of Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp and the Shijiazhuang Women's Forced Labor Camp, respectively. Mr. Meng Zhaowen's 80-year-old mother is left home with no one to take care of her.
11. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Fenghe and Ms. Liu Yufen Arrested
At 9 a.m. on September 9, 2008, Ms. Wang Fenghe and Ms. Liu Yufen were arrested by officers of the Shengli North Street Police Station in Shijiazhuang City and their homes were searched. Now they are being detained in the Shijiazhuang Detention Center.
12. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Chu Liwen Arrested Again
Ms. Chu Liwen was sentenced to five years of imprisonment. When the term was over, she was not allowed to go home. Later on, she managed to escape. In September 2008, she was arrested again by officers of the Taibaozhuang Police Station in Changyi County.
13. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Jin Miaoqing and His Wife and Daughter Arrested
Mr. Jin Miaoqing works at the Daqing Second Oil Extraction Factory. On September 15, 2008, he and his wife Ms. Song Li and daughter Ms. Jin Wei were arrested by officers of the Babaixiang Police Department and the Shengli Police Station.
14. [Heilongjiang Province] At the End of April 2008, When 71-year-old Mr. Fang Yaosen Went to Zhaozhou City, Heilongjiang Province to Visit His Relatives, He Was Arrested by Police.
15. [Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province] Mr. Lu Jianxiang and Other Practitioners Arrested
During the Beijing Olympic Games, Mr. Lu Jianxiang was arrested.
In the middle of August 2008, Ms. Gu Changying was arrested at the Changzhou Shopping Mall. She is being detained in the guest dormitory of the Changzhou Forestry Machine Factory.
At the beginning of September 2008, Ms. Zhou Yuna was arrested. Her whereabouts are unknown.
16. [Liaocheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Yuan Guihua and Ms. Yuan Guifang Detained in Brainwashing Center of Liaocheng 610 Office
17. [Jilin Province] On September 3, 2008, the Term of Ms. Wang Hongyan, Who Has Been Detained in the 7th Division of Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp, Was Extended by One Month
18. [Yongzhou City, Hunan Province] On September 8, 2008, Mr. Huang Guosheng and Ms. Zheng Baozhen Were Arrested by the Ningyuan Police
19. [Liaoyuan City, Liaoning Province] On September 11, 2008, Ms. Liang Yujie Was Arrested by Dongji Police Department Officers
20. [Tongliao City, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Bian Lingyun Arrested
On May 7, 2008, Ms. Bian Lingyun was arrested by officers of the Tongliao National Security Department. Her home was also searched and her property was confiscated.
21. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Ms. Cui Shuxian Arrested and Her Home Searched in September 2008
22. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Mr. Li Zhiguo Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
On April 23, 2008, the police from the Qianguo County Police Department and the Dongsanjiazi Township Police Station arrested Mr. Li Zhiguo and other practitioners under the pretext of "protecting the Beijing Olympic Games." Later on, he was sentenced to two years of forced labor.
23. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] In August 2008, Mr. Wang Shiyou from Taibaozhuang Township, Changyi County Was Arrested