(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Chen Huijun from Zhanli Village, Zhanlong Town in Puning City, Guangdong Province, was brutally beaten by police officers and is in critical condition. On August 4, 2008, after overcoming numerous difficulties, her family picked up Ms. Chen and brought her back home. Her condition remains unstable and the doctor said that her life is in danger.

During this process, the agencies involved required the family to sign a statement releasing them from any responsibility for Ms. Chen's condition. In order to rescue Ms. Chen, the family unwillingly agreed to their requirement.

Ms. Chen was clarifying the truth in Guiyu Town on the night of February 7, 2008 when a police officer came to investigate her. When he found out Ms. Chen was a Falun Gong practitioner, he punched and kicked her, but Ms. Chen still tried to clarify the truth to him. The police officer did not listen and called the local 610 Office. The person who picked up the call possibly did not understand him and hung up. The officer got very angry and beat Ms. Chen even more brutally. He pushed Ms. Chen to the ground and she immediately lost consciousness.

The police officer dragged Ms. Chen to his vehicle and took her to the Guyu Police Station. When she woke up, she found there was blood all around her face. She was in unbearable pain and could barely speak. The officers saw that Ms. Chen was severely injured and were afraid that she would die at the police station. They did not want to take any responsibility so they took her to the Chaoyang Detention Center at approximately 2:00 a.m. on the same night. When the guards at the detention center saw Ms. Chen they did not want to accept her. The police from the station lied to them saying that Ms. Chen was just pretending to be sick, and forced the guards at the detention center to accept her.

On the second day there was blood in Ms. Chen's urine. On the third day, she could not eat and she was frequently vomiting up blood clots. Some clots were red and some were black. She could not walk or stand up. The guards were afraid of taking responsibility for her condition and required the police from the station to take her back for medical treatment.

Ten days later, police officers from the Guiyu Station picked Ms. Chen up and took her to a local hospital for a physical exam. After the exam, the doctor said Ms. Chen should stay in the hospital and receive treatment. Ms. Chen recalled that there were many Falun Gong practitioners who were forcefully injected with some unknown drugs when they were in the hospital while they were detained. After being injected with unknown drugs, some practitioners had symptoms of mental disorders. Ms. Chen did not want to stay in the hospital and asked to go back home, but the officers refused. The family learned of Ms. Chen's situation and went to the police station to ask for her release, but the police would not discuss it with them and threatened to arrest the family.

On April 15, 2008, with faked physical exam paperwork and a fake record of her illnesses, police from the Guiyu Station and other community agents took Ms. Chen from the Chaoyang Detention Center to the Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp. Ms. Chen was secretly sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor.

Guards from the Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp believed the police officers' lies that Ms. Chen was pretending to be sick, so they could receive a bonus from the police officers for agreeing to accept Ms. Chen. Ms. Chen, however, could not even take care of herself due to her urgent condition.

As soon as she entered the labor camp, the guards ordered four drug users to frighten and beat Ms. Chen. The guards later found that Ms. Chen was not pretending to be sick. They sent her for a physical exam at a local hospital. They found that, in addition to high blood pressure and increased number of white blood cells and anemia, Ms. Chen had a very serious disc dislocation and related compression neuralgia. The doctor said that her condition was hard to treat and she could be disabled at anytime. The labor camp officials were afraid of taking responsibility and called Ms. Chen's family at the end of July. They required the family to apply for her release on bail for medical treatment.

September 6, 2008