(Clearwisdom.net) In March 2008, guards from the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province tortured Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Hong for three hours, using the "big hang up" (1) torture method. They tried to force her to give up her belief and to write a guarantee statement. When she refused, the guards stuck adhesive tape to her hair, and then yanked on the tape, pulling her hair out. They also sealed her mouth shut so that she couldn't scream.

When she couldn't endure the pain any longer, she reluctantly wrote a guarantee statement to give up Falun Gong. But when she was released, she immediately renounced what she had written. The guards then shocked her with electric batons, debilitating her to the point where she was no longer able to look after herself.

In April 2008, guards tortured Ms. Wang Yufeng from Fushun City for four hours, using the "big hang up" torture method, trying to force her to give up her belief and to write a guarantee statement. However, she refused. After they let her down, her wrists were extremely swollen. Later the guards took her to the regular section to continue the persecution.

In June 2008, guards tortured Ms. Wang Hongmei from Zhuanghe City by strapping her to the "dead person's bed" for three to four hours, but she would not renounce her belief. After she was released, she couldn't eat and had difficulty walking. She was later taken to the regular section to be persecuted further.

On June 20, 2008, Ms. Niu Guixiang from Shenyang City refused to recite the 30 rules of the Masanjia Labor Camp, but instead yelled, "Falun Dafa is great!" As a result, guard Zhang Lei and warden Zhang Jun tortured her on the "big hang up" for two days.

After being let down, Ms. Niu couldn't eat for three days. On July 1, after the "re-education" session concluded, she wrote "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is Great!" and as a result, was transfered to a brainwashing center.


(1) "Big hang up" - There are two parts to this torture method: (a) The victim's hands are handcuffed behind his/her back then hung up by a rope - usually tied to a metal window frame - with only the toes touching the ground; (b) One hand is handcuffed to one bunk bed and their other hand is handcuffed to another bunk bed. The two beds are then pulled in opposite directions.