(Clearwisdom.net) In 1997, I began reading "Zhuan Falun," and then in 1998, I started doing the Falun Gong exercises. At that time, my wife Ma Gui'e was undergoing treatment for breast cancer at the Shenyang Tumor Hospital. During that period of time, a Falun Dafa practitioner introduced her to the practice, and she began to practice Falun Gong too. Within two weeks of starting the practice, she suddenly noticed that the bowl-sized tumor was now as small as her fingertip.

After my wife was released from the hospital, she came home and continued practicing Falun Gong with all the Dafa materials now available to her. She also helped others to study the Fa and do the exercises. In order to make sure she did the exercises correctly, she did them in front of a mirror. On one occasion, there was a large ring of light that appeared in the mirror and encompassed her body. One of my relatives who was opposed to my Falun Gong practice saw it and later began to genuinely practice Falun Gong. Everyone in our family appreciates the mercy of Dafa and Dafa's ability to save lives.

On July 20, 1999, when the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners began, our village's Chinese Communist Party (CCP) secretary turned us in. Shortly afterward, when I was away from home, police officers broke into our home and took our Dafa books, Master's photo and exercise tapes. They also told us that it was higher ranking officers who were forbidding us from practicing Falun Gong. After I went home, I asked my wife to go visit the police station and tell them it was because of Falun Gong that she recovered from breast cancer. If she was not allowed to practice, how would we be able to afford any treatment if the disease returned? Their answer was that higher level officers gave the command, and the local people had no authority to do otherwise.

Later, the village CCP secretary started to continually harass us, subjecting us to tremendous mental torture. He would watch us do the exercises and proceed to make troubles for us without cause, beating and cursing at us. He forcibly occupied a quarter acre of land that we had cultivated ourselves. Further, he also tried to cause additional difficulties for us when we wanted to build our house.

Under such persecution, my wife's disease reoccurred. She died on July 18, 2002, at only 44 years of age. Not long after, the Party secretary was sentenced to seven years in prison. He died during his term, as retribution for what he did against Dafa.