(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Ren Guixia, 46, was laid off from his job at the Jincheng Town Paper Mill. In 1988, she had acute heart disease and was diagnosed with "mitral stenosis." Because her family could not afford the surgery, her heart disease worsened. As a result, her lips were purple all the time, she was short of breath even after light activities, and she would often cry out from excruciating chest pain. She could not eat a full meal and she suffered for nine years with severe pain in her back and legs from rheumatism she contracted during childbirth.

In 1997, she was introduced to Falun Gong. Shortly after beginning the practice, her health improved remarkably. After six months, her heart disease, leg pain and rheumatism were all cured. Her temper became mild and she became more tolerant of others. She also took over all the household chores. Her husband said out of amazement and joy, "Falun Gong is truly incredible." After the Chinese Communist Party and then-president Jiang Zemin's regime started persecuting Falun Gong, Ms. Ren went to Beijing to appeal. She was arrested and detained at the Fengtai District Stadium. Later, local police returned her to Jincheng.

In early February 2000, officers from the Jincheng Town Police Station went to her home to harass her because they were afraid she would go to Beijing again to appeal for Falun Gong. The police asked her, "Are you still going to practice Falun Gong?" She replied, "Yes," and was arrested and taken to the Jincheng Town Police Station, where she was hung up by her handcuffed wrists and beaten by several policemen for several hours. Later, she was transferred to the Linghai Detention Center. There, under the direct orders of Chief Wang Hongyu, Ms. Ren and several other practitioners were beaten by the guards, forced to run in the snow barefoot and wearing only thin clothes, forced to sit in the snow for an entire night, forced to carry big logs and run laps in the detention center yard, and deprived of sleep for five days and nights. She was subjected to inhuman torture on a daily basis for more than 30 days in the detention center. Afterwards, she was transferred to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp on a three-year sentence. After more than 40 days in the labor camp, she was released due to an onset of her heart disease. One night in late 2002, the police went to her home attempting to arrest her, but she refused to open the door. The police stayed by the building all night. The next morning, she managed to escape and was forced to flee her home to avoid further persecution.

In 2003, Ms. Ren went to Baitaizi Township to distribute truth-clarifying materials and was reported to the local authorities. The Baitaizi police arrested her and she was taken to the Linghai City Detention Center, where she went on a hunger strike in protest. On the fifth day of the hunger strike, she suffered a recurrence of her heart disease and was on the verge of death. The police feared that she might die in the detention center so they called and told her family to come in and take her home after paying a fine. Her family did not have the money. The police then secretly took her to the door of her father's home and left.

On August 14, 2007, Ms. Ren Guixia, together with Ms. Liu Xiuyun from Jincheng Town, went to visit relatives in Dalian City. Ms. Ren was arrested with a dozen other practitioners and detained in the Yaojia Detention Center of Dalian City. She was sentenced to two years of forced labor and went on a hunger strike in the detention center to protest. Due to her failing health, a medical examination and her family's multiple requests to the Kuiying Street Police Station for her release, Ms. Ren was again released.

After 5 o'clock in the morning on February 25, 2008, several policemen from the Linghai City Police Department and the Jincheng Town Police Station surrounded Ms. Ren's home in Jincheng Town. She refused to open the door for them. After 6 o'clock, they had someone attempt to unlock the door. Then they broke the door down with a pick axe. They arrested Ms. Ren and her husband Zhang Guixin. They also confiscated an inkjet printer, a personal computer, a cell phone, a bankbook, Falun Gong books, and photos of Falun Gong's founder, leaving a mess behind. The neighbors were woken up by the disturbance. Ms. Ren and her husband were detained in the Linghai City Detention Center, where Ms. Ren went on a hunger strike to protest. When her family went to visit her in the detention center, she was carried out by two guards. She had lost a significant amount of weight and was extremely thin and frail. Her family was fined 2,000 yuan for the visit. Later Ms. Ren was tortured until she suffered another onset of her heart disease and was sent to the hospital.

Perpetrators from the Jincheng Town Police Station included He Lianjie, Li Hongguang and others.

Wang Jingshan, chief of the Jincheng Town Police: 86-416-8285999 (Office), 86-416-8286000 (Office)
Yang Zhanshan, deputy chief: 86-416-8191005 (Office), 86-416-8189566 (Home), 86-13841683456 (Cell)

According to reliable sources, after being arrested on February 25, Ms. Ren had been on a hunger strike in the Linghai Detention Center for 5 or 6 days before having symptoms such as palpitations, a stiff chest, shortness of breath, lack of strength, and vomiting.

On March 5, 2008, the detention center authorities sent Ms. Ren to the Department of Internal Medicine at Linghai City Traditional Medical Hospital, where she was diagnosed with coronary heart disease and incomplete aortic valve closure. During her hospitalization, she was handcuffed, shackled and guarded 24 hours a day by several policemen. She refused medical treatment. On March 10, she was returned to the Linghai City Detention Center while still in serious condition. She is currently still detained there.

Wang Lijun, Linghai City Detention Center: 86-416-8118867

On March 12, 2008, Ms. Ren's husband Zhang Guoxin was sentenced to two years of forced labor and sent to the Jinzhou City Forced Labor Camp.

Ms. Ren Guixia's harmonious family is broken apart. Her three unmarried children are out of town working and her father, in his 80's, is left unattended.