(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Luo Chunyan is a 49-year-old Falun Gong practitioner. On July 20, 1999, when the Chinese Communist Party began to persecute Falun Gong, she went to Beijing to appeal for justice. On August 6, she and more than 200 other practitioners were illegally taken away by the police at the Beijing Train Station.

On September 20, she again went to Beijing to petition for Falun Gong. Many police were guarding the entrance of the Appeals Office. She bypassed the police and got into the compound of the Appeals Office. After she submitted the petition letter, she was seized by the police and sent to the Office of Affairs in Beijing. Qin Bingsheng and Jing Guiquan, two police officers from Tonghua City Public Security Bureau, told her that going to Beijing was disturbing the social order. Ms. Lou was thus illegally detained in the Chang Liu Detention Center for one month.

On April 16, 2004, Ms. Luo once again went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She handed the letter that she had written to the guard at the door and hoped that he would pass it to Li Lanqing, who was the Chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference at that time. The guard phoned Li and told him, "Two Falun Gong practitioners are here to see you." The guard also phoned the police station. Shortly after, a police officer came and apprehended her and took her to the Beijing Stone Bridge Police Station where she was interrogated until midnight. After that, she was sent to the nearby detention center where she was detained for three days. The police searched her and confiscated her only cash, 100 yuan. She was interrogated there every day until midnight. The police would beat her when she was not willing to cooperate with them. On April 19, two police officers, Zhang from the Tonghua Police Station and Li Donghai from the Guangming Police Station, apprehended her and took her to Tonghua City. After she was detained in the Changliu Detention Center for two months, she was sent to the Heizuizi Labor Camp in Changchun City for one year.

While detained in the Changchun Heizuizi Labor Camp, she was forced to get up before 4 a.m. to do hard labor until 10 p.m..When she finished hard labor, she had to do cleaning work. By the time she was ready to go to bed, it was already 11 p.m. Eating and going to the toilet were subject to time constraints. She was subjected to forceful procedures to "transform" her. When she didn't meet the police's requirements, they would torture her, such as by shocking her with an electric baton. The torture was very cruel.

Ms. Luo returned home after being released from the labor camp. On January 15, 2008, as she was preparing breakfast for herself, Li Donghai, the police officer, and Yu, the instructor, broke into her home. They found a Dafa book. Thus, she was once again seized and detained in the Changliu Detention Center. Two months later she was tried and sentenced to 14 months in prison.