(Clearwisdom.net) From the end of June to August 2006, CCP officials in Meishan City, Sichuan Province, secretly arrested Falun Gong practitioners. This coincided with the visit to Sichuan Province by Zhou Yongkang, one of the top CCP officials who actively persecutes Falun Gong practitioners. The CCP officials held a brainwashing session at Tianli Castle in Renshou County. The brainwashing session was held in the administration area of Wenlin Town Police Station. The police station is notorious for colluding with the Politics and Law Committee and the 610 Office (also known as the General Management and Administration Office) to persecute practitioners. An elderly practitioner whose name is unknown died as a result of persecution while in their custody.

According to witnesses, at 9 a.m. on July 9, 2006, Ye Changdong, the head of Wenlin Town Police Station, put on plainclothes and went with 20 others to force a female practitioner in her 70s to the emergency room on the third floor of Renshou County Hospital. The elderly practitioner sat on the edge of the bed for a little while and seemed to be in a lot of pain. The police told her to lie down. With one hand on her abdomen, she lay down on her side. A while later, Yang Changdong noticed that the woman was dying, so he got a doctor to do artificial respiration. It was only about three or four hours from the time she was taken into the emergency room until her death. During that time, no one examined her. The doctor said that there was no record made of her visit.

Right before the practitioner died, a woman came into the room. After the practitioner was confirmed dead, the woman cried out, "Mom!" and broke into tears. Later, a man in his 70s was helped into the room. He silently looked at the elderly practitioner for a while, then left without saying a word.

At the end of June 2006, CCP officials secretly arrested practitioners throughout the whole Meishan City area. The arrests happened after 9 o'clock at night. Those who were released were also let go late at night. The officials threatened the practitioners being released not to tell anyone, including their family members, about the arrests.