Mar. 17

Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Ma Guobiao and his elderly parents were illegally arrested when they were watching TV on the evening of February 22, 2008. Ma Guobiao and his father are currently detained at Jiading District Police Station.

On March 4, the police in Daqing City arrested several Falun Gong practitioners. They are detained in different detention centers.

Mar. 18

It has been confirmed that prior to and during February 2008, ten Falun Gong practitioners died from torture. Three were women, and eight over 50 years old. Three were tortured to death between August and December 2007, and seven died during February.

A partial list of recently arrested Falun Gong practitioners is published in this article. Starting in August 2007, the police have been monitoring and following them. The reason for the arrests is "a concern that they will reveal facts about the persecution during the Olympic Games."

Mar. 19

As the Beijing Olympics approach, illegal arrests, torture-related deaths and even executions are on the rise. This is said to be directly related to secret orders issued by the CCP on February 19, 2008. This article includes a summary of six recent practitioner deaths.

Mr Yu Zhou was reported dead on February 9, 2008, eleven days after being detained in Tongzhou District Detention Center. His family's request for an autopsy has been denied. His wife is being held in Beijing City Detention Center.

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Gu Jianmin was arrested on March 1, 2008 by Yangjing Police Station in Pudong New District. They tortured her until she died on March 13, 2008. Her husband was notified to come in to apply for a 'medical parole' when she was already dying, in order to avoid responsibility for her death.

Mar. 20

Falun Gong practitioners are being detained around China because of Communist Party fears they might gather to make a peaceful appeal to the world community during the Olympics.

Mar. 21

Ms. Zhou Huimin was arrested in Chengdu in September 2007. On February 1, 2008, she was taken to the Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Sichuan Province. Ms. Zhou Huimin has been on hunger strike to protest her arrest and the persecution of Falun Gong. She was taken to Qingyang District Hospital on February 5, and is now in a coma.

Mar. 22

A family tries to investigate a death in police custody but cannot get any real information.

An elderly village doctor is arrested apparently for telling some patients about Falun Gong.

Mar. 23

Ms. Zhou Humin was arrested by CCP police in September 26, 2007. The police issued an "arrest warrant" five months later, and then transferred her to a hospital while she went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Ms. Zhou died on March 2008 after authorities refused to release her.

Mr. Zhang Zhijun's family found he was tortured to death after checking his body in Xi'an Prison. They tried to find a lawyer to seek for justice, but no one dare to accept the case due to the threat by the Chinese Communist Party authorities.

From March 3 through 13, 2008, about Forty Falun Gong practitioners were illegally arrested in Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province. Seventeen of them went a hunger strike to protest the persecution. and its Chinese-language sister-website ( provide first-hand reports about the horrors of the persecution of Falun Gong in China. Dozens of reports are received every day from the victims of torture, the wrongfully imprisoned, and families crippled by the senseless hardship and grief for their loved ones imposed by the persecution. In contrast, the websites also report positive news and events from the more than 80 countries around the world where Falun Gong is practiced, and serve as an online forum for practitioners to share stories of the good things Falun Gong has brought to their lives. For more information, please contact