The Facts of the Persecution of Falun Gong  -- March 18, 2008

Issued by Clearwisdom Net


  • Ten Deaths from Torture Confirmed in February 2008
  • It has been confirmed that prior to and during February 2008, ten Falun Gong practitioners died from torture. Three were women, and eight over 50 years old. Three were tortured to death between August and December 2007, and seven died during February.

  • CCP Authorities in Beijing Illegally Arresting Falun Gong Practitioners
  • A partial list of recently arrested Falun Gong practitioners is published in this article. Starting in August 2007, the police have been monitoring and following them. The reason for the arrests is "a concern that they will reveal facts about the persecution during the Olympic Games."

    Ten Deaths from Torture Confirmed in February 2008

    It has been confirmed that prior to and during February 2008, ten Falun Gong practitioners died from torture. Three were women, and eight over 50 years old. Three were tortured to death between August and December 2007, and seven died during February. Since the Chinese Communist Party's persecution of Falun Gong began, 3,137 practitioners' deaths from persecution, torture and constant harassment, have been confirmed in China. Every possible means has been used to hide the truth of the persecution, so the exposed death cases are just the tip of the iceberg.

    Since it began on July 20, 1999, the CCP regime and Jiang Zemin's brutal and systemic persecution of Falun Gong practitioners has never stopped. Analysts have pointed out that since the beginning of the CCP's political and dictatorial regime, each time a victim was suppressed, (whether an individual or a group), the whole process would be over in a matter of weeks or months. For the persecution of Falun Gong, the CCP gathered up the most base actions ever known in human history--whether ancient or modern, Chinese or foreign--and employed all of them. But Falun Gong didn't succumb to the repression, and has spread more widely around the world. More and more people have stepped out to support practitioners and stop the CCP's persecution. This persecution of a righteous belief may have already sealed the fate of the CCP itself and may lead to its demise. The CCP has started new waves of persecution again and again, each time calling them by a different name. They tried to maintain the persecution, causing more people to be deceived while covering their crimes. The Beijing Olympic Games are nearly here, and the CCP has used the excuse of having a successful Olympic Games to start another new wave of brutal persecution, calling it a "hard strike."

    Recently many Falun Gong practitioners have been illegally searched, arrested and jailed in Beijing, Shanghai, Liaoning Province, Heilongjiang Province, Hebei Province, Jilin Province, Sichuan Province, Chongqing City, Qingdao City, Jinzhou City and many other cities. According to incomplete statistics, in Beijing alone hundreds of practitioners have been arrested recently and brutally beaten for no reason. Many were arrested at home or work and illegally sentenced to forced labor for eight months (which is just when the Olympic Games finish). Even family members and colleagues are implicated and arrested or detained. Cases of death and severe injuries due to persecution are occurring frequently all around China. The CCP's evil actions have already made the Beijing Olympic Games the true "Bloody Olympic Games."

    Death cases which were confirmed in February 2008 happened among the following provinces and cities: three in Heilongjiang Province, two in Hebei Province and Chongqing City respectively, and one each in Liaoning Province, Shandong Province and Shanxi Province.

    Two Falun Gong Practitioners Die as a Result of Torture During February in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province

    1. Mr. Yi Fuquan, 45, from Yanhe Village, Jincheng Township in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province, died on February 23, 2008, after years of constant harassment and torture

    Yi Fuquan suffered many prison terms, detainments and tortures after the start of the persecution of Falun Gong and was sentenced to one year of forced labor because he went to Beijing to appeal. On August 19, 2001, he was arrested at the bus station because police found Falun Gong books and flyers in his possession. He was illegally sentenced to six years in prison by the Shuangcheng City Court. His fifteen year-old daughter had to leave school to help support the family. He was first detained in the Harbin City Third Prison and was then transferred to the Tailai Prison on July 1, 2004.

    On July 10, 2004, the Reform Office leader Jiang Haitao (male) and guard Liu (male, given name unknown) spoke with Mr. Yi and tried to force him to give up practicing Falun Gong. Mr. Yi absolutely refused. They saw that he would not succumb to brainwashing, so they had prisoners put 35 pound ankle shackles on him and forced him to stand out under the burning sun. Guard Yu Hongtao (male) directed prisoners Zhang Liantao and Wang Wenzhong (both male) to force Mr. Yi to walk rapidly with the shackles. If Mr. Yi did not walk fast enough, Zhang Liantao kicked him very hard. Mr. Yi was out of breath, and his ankles were bleeding. These guards and prisoners also put him on the "big hang up" (1) which caused his arms to lose sensation.

    The Tailai Prison guards had already created a way to torture Falun Gong practitioners. They forced the practitioner to lie on the floor and cuffed his four limbs so that they were stretched on a metal structure under the baking sun, and refused to give him a drink . The guards used this method to torture Mr. Yi Fuquan. After a while, they ordered the prisoners to turn Mr. Yi upside down and put three bricks under his feet, elevating his legs over his head for a long while.

    Guards tried to force Mr. Yi to write the guarantee statement, promising to quit practicing Falun Gong, by using all kinds of brutal tortures including cuffing his hands onto a rod and hanging him up. But he refused. Guard Yu Hongtao then hit him with a rubber baton. Prisoners Qu Hongyu and Yu Hongtao twisted Mr. Yi's arms backwards. Another guard Li Yongzhe (male) hit Mr. Yi's face, resulting in bleeding from his nose and mouth.

    Due to this long term brutal mistreatment, Mr. Yi began to suffer muscle atrophy in his left hand, and his health deteriorated after September 2005. He could not take care of himself, and he was paralyzed and bedridden. He was starving and thirsty all the time since he had to wait until other prisoners could feed him food or water. His family repeatedly asked for medical treatment after learning of his situation, but the prison administration delayed it for a long time. It was not until Mr. Yi was in critical condition that the prison agreed to release him on August 8, 2007. He suffered in pain for another six months, dying on February 13, 2008, at the age of 45.


    (1) "Big hang up": There are two forms in this torture: (1) With both hands cuffed behind the back and only the toes touching the ground, one is hung by a rope that is tied to the metal window frames. (2) One hand of a practitioner is cuffed to one bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, and the two beds are pulled in the opposite directions. One feels extreme pain as the body is pulled.

    2. Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu Quanguo, 50, from Qiansanjiazi Village, Handian Town in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province, was tortured and died on February 16, 2008.

    Mr. Liu previously suffered from severe liver disease and could not work. After beginning to practice Falun Gong in 1996, all of his illnesses disappeared. He went to Beijing to clarify the truth about Falun Gong after the persecution began. As a result, he was detained for six months in the Shuangcheng City Detention Center. Agent Liu Chunyang from the 610 Office interrogated him repeatedly and ordered prisoners to beat him, and they gave him a concussion and two black eyes. The guards would not give him any bedding, so he slept on the cement floor for three months.

    In 2001, Mr. Liu went to Beijing to appeal again. He was detained for one month at the Pingfang Detention Center in Harbin City. During that month, he was subjected to brutal beatings fifteen times. The prisoners raised his chin on the headboard, tied his hands behind his back, raised his legs up behind him, and forced his stomach to the floor. They then stepped on his body, pulled his head, and punched him in the throat.

    The Shuangcheng City 610 Office sentenced Mr. Liu to one year of forced labor and sent him to Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp barefoot. Upon arriving at the camp on January 30, 2003, he was tortured by being forced to stand outside for 30 minutes, stripped, to freeze. He was forced to do slave labor every day. On one occasion, he was forced to help a welder, who burned his arm with a red-hot welding strip.

    On one afternoon in February 2004, Handian Town Government employee Sun Jihua (male, in charge of the persecution) led a group of officials and police officers, including some Shuangcheng City 610 Office agents, to break into Mr. Liu's home. They carried him into their vehicle and detained him in the Shuangcheng City Detention Center. It was in early February, and the weather was cold. The guards stripped him and poured pan after pan of cold water over his body for long stretches, causing him to shiver and shake.

    After being detained for fifteen days, he was sentenced to three years of forced labor and again taken to the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp. He was first assigned to the Fourth Ward. Warden Ji Gang searched his body and coerced him to write the three statements and accept the brainwashing. There were huge water vats sitting in the washing room. Ji Gang led the torture of Mr. Liu, throwing him in the vat, and had prisoners beat his head with a shovel handle and plastic tube, hold his head underwater, and hose cold water on his head while his body was soaked in the vat. Mr. Liu almost froze to death.

    Later Mr. Liu was transferred to the Fifth Ward, which is the ward that most severely tortures Falun Gong practitioners. People call Warden Zhao Shuang the "Black Faced Judge " (because of his cruelty). He holds a contract that states the camp will pay him 200 yuan for every "transformed" Falun Gong practitioner in his ward. He forces detained practitioners to do slave labor and does not allow them to talk. Each has to pack 35 boxes of toothpicks, otherwise they are not allowed to sleep. Mr. Liu became very weak, he could not sit up, and he passed blood in his stool. Zhao Shuang said, "If your family pays, I will let you see a doctor. Otherwise I don't care if you die, and I will never release you or let your family visit you."

    Mr. Liu Quanguo endured electric baton shocks and brutal beatings in the camp. He became so weak that he could only walk with two people helping him. His fellow villagers learned about his situation and wrote a letter with lots of signatures on it to appeal of behalf of Mr. Liu Quanguo's good character. Zhao Shuang saw the letter but did not stop the brutality. Instead he kicked Mr. Liu and struck him in the face, making Mr. Liu bleed from his nose and mouth. He said viciously, "You will die as soon as you are released."

    Mr. Liu had all the symptoms of pulmonary tuberculosis, total incontinence and unconsciousness. He was finally released from the prison in the autumn 2006, but was in critical condition. He became weaker and weaker and died on February 16, 2008 at the age of 50.

    70 Year-Old Falun Gong Practitioner Hu Zengxiang from Lu County, Shandong Province Persecuted to Death

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Hu Zengxiang lived in Qiansuozhuang Village, Guozhuang Township, Lu County, Shandong Province. On December 29, 2007, police and the Qiansuozhuang Village CCP secretary arrested him at his home. His whereabouts were unknown until February 11, 2008, when he was found dead, bruised and battered, in his home.

    Mr. Hu Zengxiang, 70, did not have any children. After he started to practice Falun Gong in 1997, he became very healthy. He was always willing to help his neighbors. Seeing how he improved, his neighbors marveled at the miraculous effects of Falun Gong.

    Mr. Hu benefited greatly from Falun Gong and he was very grateful to Teacher Li. He never gave up his belief in the principles of Falun Gong -- "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance" -- even when the persecution launched by the Chinese Communist Party became very severe. He never stopped clarifying the facts about Falun Gong to people to save them from the CCP's lies. In spring 2005, Hu Zengxiang was arrested by the local police and illegally detained in the Lu County Detention Center for a few days. Later he was transferred to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp, where he was detained for more than a month. After he was released, he was very weak due to the brutal persecution he suffered, but he continued to clarify the truth and he quickly recovered.

    On December 29, 2007, around ten people from the Public Security Bureau in Lu County and the Guozhuang Township Police Station broke into Mr. Hu's home, ransacked it, and arrested him. They took more than 2,000 yuan in cash, some VCDs, and other truth-clarifying materials. The police also threatened to look for the Falun Gong Radio Station. Later they suppressed any information about Mr. Hu's case and started rumors such as, "We did not arrest him, he escaped." It is not clear where he was held.

    A reliable source said that someone saw Mr. Hu Zengxiang in Qiansuozhuang Village's committee room several days before the New Year. The source said that Mr. Hu was almost too tragic to look at because of how severely he had been tortured: his collarbone was broken, his hands were swollen as big as rice bowls, he had lost one of his toes as a result of frostbite, and he was not able to walk.

    On February 11, 2008, someone visited Hu Zengxiang's home and found his dead body. That was how they discovered that he was tortured to death. No one knows the exact date when he died.

    Clearly Distinguish Good from Evil and Make the Right Choice

    For more than eight years the Chinese Communist Party has persecuted Falun Gong, but the CCP's wickedness and violence could not even begin to shake practitioners' righteous belief in the principles of Falun Gong -- "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." Moreover, more and more people have recognized the CCP's evil nature and withdrawn from the party. More and more people have followed Heaven's will and joined the movement of quiting the Chinese Communist Party.

    The CCP and Jiang Zemin regime's persecution of Falun Gong is most shameful. Jiang Zemin and his followers will likely receive karmic retribution for their evil deeds.

    The CCP has now used the name of the Olympic Games, which represents peace and respect for human rights, to intensify its persecution of Falun Gong. The CCP is publicly challenging the whole world's morality and conscience. During the eight years' persecution, Falun Gong practitioners around the world have continuously clarified the truth to the world's people. The Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party has exposed the evil nature of the CCP for the world to see.

    Chinese version available at

    CCP Authorities in Beijing Illegally Arresting Falun Gong Practitioners

    The following is a partial list of recently arrested Falun Gong practitioners. A reliable source revealed that some on the list have been followed by the Dongcheng police since last year. Starting in August 2007, the police have been monitoring and following them. The reason for the arrests is "a concern that they will reveal facts about the persecution during the Olympic Games."

    1. On December 1, 2007, officers from the Renhe Police Station and Criminal Police Brigade took Ms. Jiang Huiping into custody while she was having dinner in her home. She lived in the Shiyuan area of the Shunyi District.

    2. In mid-December 2007, personnel from the Wanshoulu 610 Office in the Haidian District of Beijing went to practitioners' homes to threaten and harass them. They said that if the practitioners refused to cooperate with them, their children's jobs would be in jeopardy.

    3. On the evening of December 6, 2007, a couple--one of whom is named Ma Xiuqing--and other practitioners (the actual number is unknown) were secretly taken away by officers from the Beijing Public Security Bureau, Chaoyang Branch.

    4. On the morning of December 4, 2007, Ms. Wang Wenyun, who lived in Shuangjing Village, Shilibao Town, Miyun County, Beijing, was taken from her home by officers from the Miyun County Domestic Security Division and 610 Office led by Liu Yongjie, a security officer from Shuangjing Village. Ms. Wang is currently detained in the Miyun County Detention Center. Police ransacked her home and the homes of her relatives, and confiscated a great deal of their personal property.

    5. On December 16, officers from the Public Security Bureau at Haidian Branch taken into custody Mr. Li Jinpeng and are holding him in the Haidian Detention Center.

    6. On December 21, 2007, Mr. Sun Zhiqiang, from Zhangshanying Village, Zhangshanying Town of Yanqing County, was arrested and detained at the Yanqing Detention Center.

    7. On December 19, 2007, in Dahanzhuang Village, Mulin Town, Shunyi District, Beijing, Mr. Wu Ji'an and two other practitioners (names unknown) were taken into custody and detained at the Mulin Police Station, and later transferred to the Nihe Detention Center.

    8. In the mid-December 2007, Ms. Li Cui and Ms. Cao Yuxia from Nanwu Village, Longwantun Town, Shunyi District, Beijing, were taken into custody on their way to work by officers from the Longwantun Town police station.

    9. On December 18, 2007, officers from the Public Security Bureau, Shunyi Branch and the local police station went to Ms. Zhang Xiufang's home to harass her. Ms. Zhang managed to evade arrest and is currently living on the streets. There is usually a police car parked outside her home.

    10. On December 21, 2007, Ms. Guo Xiujun and Su Keshun from western Miyun County were arrested.

    11. On December 27, 2007, Ms. Ma Changfu and two female practitioners from the Huairou District were taken away by plainclothes officers from the 610 Office and detained at Datun Detention Center in the Huairou District. Their homes were ransacked.

    12. On December 24, 2007, Mr. Zhao Deyun from Konghuaying Village, Yongning Town, Yanqing County was "illegally sentenced" to two years of forced labor. Police officer Yang Shuliang was involved in Mr. Zhao's arrest.

    13. On December 24, 2007, Ms. Qiu Jinrong from the Gaojiayuan Area of Chaoyang District was taken by the police while she was in her son's home. Her husband, a non-practitioner, was also taken away.

    14. In late December 2007, Chen Xin, an accountant for Beijing Renesas Semiconductor Inc. was taken to a brainwashing center. Chen was originally from Siping, Jilin Province.

    15. Mr. Xu Jiaocheng, from Xibeiwang in the Haidian District of Beijng was illegally arrested again. The details are unknown.

    16. On December 10, 2007, Mr. Liu Xuecheng from Tongjunzhuang Village, Shilibao Town, Miyun County, was taken away by the officers from the Shilibao Police Station.

    17. On or around January 5, 2008, Bao Yuhua from Anzhen area of Chaoyang District was illegally arrested.

    18. On January 7, 2008, Mr. Zhao Liuji and Mr. Wang Huanqing from Yanqing Town, Yanqing County, were taken into custody in their homes in separate arrests.

    19. At around 2:00 p.m. on December 26, 2007, agents from the Huairong County Domestic Security Division, agents from the 610 Office, and police officers arrested Mr. Ma Changfu from Wanghua Village, Beifang Town, without a warrant. Mr. Ma was sentenced to two years of forced labor. The officers also ransacked the home of Ms. Bai Qiulian in the same village.

    20. In mid-December 2007, Mr. Liu Junhe in the Haidian District of Beijing was illegally arrested again.

    21. On the morning of January 24, 2008, Ms. Yu Xiaolan from the Majiabao area of the Fengtai District was taken into custody while on her way to the store. She is now detained at Qiaozhuang Detention Center in Tongzhou District.

    22. On or around January 3, 2008, Ms. Tian Xiaozhi, who lives at Apt. 6, 13th Floor, Building 903, Ninth Area of Jinsong, was taken away by officers from Shuangjing Police Station. Her computer and printer were confiscated.

    23. In late January 2008, a practitioner surnamed Zhang, who lived in the residential area of Shuinuan Factory in the Yongtai District of Qinghe, was arrested and detained at the Qinghe Detention Center. Mr. Zhang's wife, Ms. Wang Dongju, is being followed by the police. All of the practitioner's books and Falun Gong materials were confiscated.

    24. Zhang Guanhua (also called Wang Fang) has been missing since January 24, 2008. We suspect she has been arrested.

    25. On the evening of February 3, 2008, Ms. Liu Chunling from the Xiaoshiqiao area, Jiugulou Street, was taken from her home and is now being held at the Xicheng District Detention Center.

    26. At around 6:00 p.m. on January 19, 2008, Ms. Sang Jiying and Mr. Li Zhongqing from the Haidian District were arrested while distributing truth clarification materials in the Kerong Building in Haidian Town. The police have not notified Mr. Li's family of his arrest.

    27. At noon on January 29, 2008, Hao Fengchun, Ms. Chen Jinxia, and Mr. Xu Yonglin from Xizhantou Village, Nancai Town, Shunyi District, were taken into custody at home and are now being detained at the Nihe Detention Center. Seven people were involved in the arrests, including Xu Runhai of Xizhantou Village, who reported the practitioners, Zhang Shan, and Meng Guoli of Nancai Town Police Station, and city police officers.

    28. Practitioner Mr. Xue Chunfu was a 110 patrol officer with the Beijing City Public Security Bureau, Shunyi Branch. On the afternoon of January 23, 2008, the Domestic Protection Section of the Public Security Bureau, Shunyi Branch, and Zhan Jun, deputy chief of Houshayu Police Station, led about seven policemen to arrest Mr. Xue at his workplace. They then ransacked his home for more than five hours, and confiscated his Falun Gong books and materials, and his computer. Mr. Xue protested their illegal actions. During the violent arrest, Zhan Jun and other policemen fractured a bone in Mr. Xue's neck. Mr. Xue lost consciousness and was sent to Shunyi District Hospital for emergency treatment. Realizing that Mr. Xue was seriously injured, the police wanted to avoid responsibility and so allowed Mr. Xue to recuperate at home awaiting further notice.

    29. A practitioner from Changlingyuan Village, Shisanling Town, was monitored for a long time by CCP authorities. The practitioner was recently arrested. We suspect that the practitioner is being held in the hills of Jiulong Vacation Village.

    30. On January 24, 2008, Mr. Fu Jinyu and his wife were taken away by Dongcheng District police. Mr. Fu's wife was released sometime during the night. The police took the couple's computer and other property after ransacking their home.

    31. On January 29, 2008, Ms. Wu Fangling from Yanqing County was picked up by Jiang Shuliang, Li Aimin, and two others from the Yanqing County Domestic Protection Section. They took Ms. Wu's computer, cellphone, and books. Ms. Wu is being held at the Yanqing County Detention Center.

    32. On the afternoon of December 19, 2007, police ransacked Ms. Shan Shuling's home at Hanshiqiao Village, Yang Town, the Shunyi District. It was reported that she was sentenced to two years of forced labor.

    33. On the afternoon of January 30, 2008, Ms. Li Xiaoqin, from the Niujie area of the Xuanwu District, was taken by police and detained in Niujie Police Station. The police also took her computer and Falun Gong books.

    34. At around 9:00 a.m. on January 24, 2008, Ms. Zhao Shunqin; her husband, Mr. Yang Haijun; their son, Yang Moyu; and his aunt, Ms. Yang Junmei, were arrested by police from the Public Security Bureau, Dongcheng Branch. Mr. Yang Haijun was released on January 25, while Ms. Zhao and the others are still being held at the Dongcheng District Detention Center. Ms. Zhao's home and her company were ransacked. The police also drove away her Toyota vehicle.

    35. On January 24, 2008, Mr. Zhang Haibo was taken into custody from his workplace in Xidan, Beijing, by plainclothes police officers from the Public Security Bureau, Dongcheng Branch. His younger brother, Mr. Zhang Haiou, was arrested in his home. The two practitioners are being held at the Dongcheng Detention Center at Beiqijia, Changpin Area. On around January 31, officers from a local police station ransacked Mr. Zhang's home.

    36. On January 24, 2008, while on her way to work, Ms. Pei Hongyan from Miyun County was taken into custody by officers from the Nanmen Police Station in Miyun County. Ms. Pei is being detained at the Miyun Detention Center. It is said that someone reported her. The officers were following orders issued by the Miyun County Domestic Protection Section.

    37. Mr. Liu Zhenrong lives in the Fengtai District of Beijing. On January 30, 2008, he was taken into custody in Daxing County while carrying a bag of truth clarification materials. The Domestic Security Division ransacked his home. Mr. Liu's whereabouts are unknown.

    38. On the afternoon of January 23, 2008, police officers from the Pingu District Domestic Security Team, the Jinhaihu Police Station, and the Nandulehe Police Station broke into the homes of Ms. Li Caixia (in her 30s), Mr. Wang Tong (in his 60s), and Mr. Liu Baowang (in his 60s). They arrested Ms. Li Caixia and Mr. Liu Baowang.

    39. On the morning of January 24, 2008, Gu Xinhua, who lives at Fuchengmen in Beijing, was taken away by agents from th Dongcheng Domestic Security Division.

    40. On around January 24, 2008, Mr. Li Wenfeng and other practitioners were taken into custody by the police.

    41. On the morning of January 24, 2008, Beijing police searched practitioner Mr. Peng Bin's home and the Crystal Refinement Factory without a warrant. They threatened and interrogated many workers in the factory. The police locked the workers in a room for eight hours and denied them access to a telephone. Liu Hong, a designer at the factory, was taken away. Mr. Peng was released on the second day after his wife went to the police asking for him. Mr. Peng was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution. Since then, the police and secret agents have been monitoring his wife and the factory, and have tapped the couple's phone line.

    42. Several Falun Gong practitioners work at the Jinkui Decoration and Painting Factory in Heizhuanghu, Chaoyang District, Beijing. On the afternoon of January 24, 2008, the police ransacked the factory. Everyone working there, practitioners and non-practitioners, were arrested. By January 26, many of the non-practitioners had been released, but the rest of the people are still being detained in the Dongcheng Detention Center. Those still being detained include Mr. Chen Gang, Mr. Chen Jiaolong, Ms. Yu Yajing, Wen Jiaqi, Mr. Han Ligang, Ms. Zuo Yan, Ms. Liu Yan, Ms. Su Na, Dong Tingshui, Yu Yafang, teacher Qi, Ms. Zhang, and others. Some are practitioners, and some are family members or children of the practitioners. The security guard at the factory is also being persecuted. The police locked him in a room and gave him only buns and pickles to eat.

    43. On the evening of January 25, 2008 while driving home from work, Ms. Xu Na and her husband were stopped and body-searched by the police. The police found Falun Gong related materials and then detained the couple in the Tongzhou Detention Center.

    44. On the evening of January 23, 2008, Ms. Jiao Jian was taken by CCP authorities from her rented home at Wanboyuan, Youanmennei, the Xuanwu District.

    45. On the morning of January 30, 2008, police from the Domestic Security Team of Shahe in Changpin took away Ms. Wang, who lived in Shangdiqiao. Ms. Wang's son, Li Bin, a non-practitioner, was also taken away.

    46. At around 10:00 a.m. on January 15, 2008, police surrounded Ms. Zhang Shufang's home in Miyun County. The police attempted to arrest her. Ms. Zhang refused to open the door and successfully got away from her home on the fifth floor. The police broke in and took her computer, printer, and a lot of other personal property.

    47. On February 19, 2008, Ms. Wang Yuhong was reported while clarifying the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong. She is being detained in the Qinghe Town Detention Center in the Changpin District, Beijing.

    48. On February 20, 2008, police officers from the Public Security Bureau, Chaoyang Branch broke in and took Ms. Zhang Peizhi from her home in Jinzhan Village, Chaoyang District.

    49. Ms. Hao Min was reported while talking about the goodness of Falun Gong to her coworkers. On February 18, 2008, five policemen from the Public Security Bureau, Dongcheng Branch arrested Hao Min and ransacked her home.

    50. At around 5:00 p.m. on February 22, 2008, a large group of policemen from the Dewai Police Station of Xicheng District, Beijing, broke into Ms. Song Yaqin's home. They ransacked the place and took her to the police station. Early in the morning on February 23, Ms. Song managed to walk out of the police station. She is now living on the streets to avoid further persecution.

    51. On February 19, 2008, practitioner Fu Yuxian from Jiuxianqiao was arrested while telling people the facts about Falun Gong. The police ransacked Ms. Fu's home and took her computer, printer, and Falun Gong materials. She is currently being detained at the Shahe Detention Center.

    52. At around 3:00 p.m. on February 20, 2008, while driving from downtown Beijing to the Huairou District of Beijing, Bai Shaohua and Mr. Yang Hui were stopped by the police. The officers searched the pair and took them away. It is suspected they are being detained at the Huairou District Detention Center.

    53. At around 8:00 p.m. on February 22, 2008, police from Chaoyang District arrested Mr. Qi Wei and his wife. Early on the morning of February 23, 2008, Mr. Qi's wife was released after some family members went to the police asking for her release. However, Mr. Qi was transferred to Chaoyang District Detention Center. Two days before the arrest, Mr. Qi lent his car to practitioner Yang Hui, who was later arrested, along with practitioner Bai Shaohua, by the Beijing police as described in item 52.

    Chinese version available at