(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Mei, from Jinzhou City, was reported to the police while distributing truth-clarification materials and was illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor. Ms. Liu Mei is imprisoned at the Masanjia Labor Camp in Shenyang City. She is suffering from a relapse of old diseases and convulsions caused by the torture she has suffered. The warden has prohibited her family from visiting her because she refuses to renounce Falun Dafa.

Ms. Liu Mei

Ms. Liu Mei, 58, is a retired worker from the general affairs office of Jincheng Paper Mill. Prior to practicing Falun Gong she contracted tricuspid stenosis (one of the most severe types of heart disease), and also suffered dizziness, hypertension, and convulsions. Due to her ailments, she was not able to do housework. In 1995 Ms. Liu started to practice Falun Gong and experienced an improvement in her health. Gradually she could do her housework independently. She is known by everyone at the Jincheng factory district as a good person.

On the evening of October 3, 2007, Ms. Liu Mei was distributing truth-clarification materials to people. She was spotted by Song Lifang (female, Chinese Communist Party Secretary of the Tiexin Street Administration Office in Jincheng District). Song followed Ms. Liu Mei all the way to her home and reported her to the authorities. On the morning of October 4, 2007, police officers Yang Xiaochun (male), Li Donghong (female), and Zhang Chunlin (male), from the Jincheng Police Department went to Ms. Liu's home, arrested her and ransacked her home. After they took Ms. Liu to the police department, they again forced their way into her home and illegally confiscated her family's property. They took all the Falun Dafa books, truth-clarification materials, tape recorder, MP3 player, and a flashlight and left the home in shambles. That same day, policeman Wang Jinfeng from the Jincheng Police Department went to the home of Ms. Liu Mei's 80-year-old mother to harass her, asking her if she practiced Falun Gong.

On the same evening, Ms. Liu Mei was taken to the Jinzhou Municipal First Detention Center and was illegally imprisoned. On October 10, 2007, she was taken to the notorious Masanjia Labor Camp to serve a one-year sentence. During the persecution against Ms. Liu Mei, the police extorted 6,000 yuan from her family. When Ms. Liu Mei had a physical examination at the labor camp, she was diagnosed with hypertension and so the labor camp refused to take her. Two policemen from the State Security Division of Linghai City and police officers Yang Xiaochun and Li Donghong from the Jincheng Police Department used their influence to force the labor camp to accept Ms. Liu. On October 20, 2007, Ms. Liu's family visited her and discovered that her previous diseases had all returned. She suffered from convulsions, dizziness, heart disease, and leg pain, which caused great concern to her family.

Masanjia Labor Camp forces Falun Dafa practitioners to work up to 16 hours every day. These long hours are exhausting, causing their entire bodies to ache. During the New Year's celebration, the persecution became worse because the wardens were afraid that Falun Dafa practitioners might have Master's articles, and therefore they frequently searched practitioners' personal belongings.

On February 25, 2008 when Ms. Liu Mei's family came to Masanjia Labor Camp to see her, Warden Huang Haiyan (female) told them over the phone that Ms. Liu Mei was still firm in practicing Falun Gong so her family was not allowed to visit her. Her family reluctantly left Masanjia Labor Camp without seeing Ms. Liu.