(Clearwisdom.net) On May 10, 2008, Mr. Lu Jiabin from Huaihua, who was working in Chenzhou, was followed by the Chenzhou security police. The police searched the apartment he rented and arrested him. Mr. Lei Anxing was also arrested because he happened to go to the apartment to get tools at that time. Mr. Lei was detained in the Chenzhou Detention Center. The police took the truth-clarifying materials he carried with him as "criminal evidence." Mr. Lei was sentenced to three years in prison by the Chenzhou Court.

Mr. Lei Anxiang is in his fifties and was a key manufacturing technician. He always considers others and is well spoken of by people. Before practicing Falun Dafa, he suffered from many illnesses. During the summer, he used to wrap his waist with a quilt in order to sleep. It often took him half an hour to get up in the morning. His parents, brothers and sisters passed away due to cancer. He started practicing Dafa in 1997, and since then he has no longer suffered from illness and experienced a new life.

After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) forced Mr. Lei's company to fire him, and he was repeatedly arrested. On September 20, 2000, he was taken to the Chenzhou Detention Center and later transferred to Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Changsha City for a one and a half year term, where he was tortured. Guards there ordered detainees to beat and torture practitioners by any means.

In late 2004, Mr. Lei Anxiang was taken to the Huadu Forced Labor Camp in Guangdong Province. The first test was three months of brutal brainwashing. The guards ordered detainees to stab his body with large steel needles. The detainees stabbed him from morning to night, which caused his body to be covered with bloody dots. Mr. Lei was tortured this way for more than a month.

Upon seeing they didn't achieve their goal, the guards poked Mr. Lei's fingers with nails, tortured him on a tiger bench, handcuffed his hands behind his back and beat him. Guards and detainees forced Mr. Lei to kneel down and placed a bamboo stick on his shins. Several people took turns stepping on the stick and rolling it, which lacerated his shins and caused them to bleed.

Mr. Lei's arms and legs were tied together with rope, and two groups of people pulled the rope in opposite directions. Mr. Lei cried out in pain. His eyes, nose, ears and mouth bled. There was blood in his urine and feces.

Mr. Lei was tortured for two years there and then released. He had become skin and bones and was almost blind. He had difficulty walking, and when going upstairs, he could only put one leg on the step then move the other up with his hands. It took him thirty minutes to walk a few steps, and after a few steps, he sweat heavily and was out of breath.

On October 24, 2004, Mr. Lei was reported to police while he was putting up a truth-clarifying poster at East Chigang Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou City. Five or six police vehicles arrived. Many officers surrounded and beat him. He was forced into a vehicle and taken to the Chigang Road Police Station. Because Mr. Lei did not give a confession, the police beat him then took him to the Haizhu Detention Center. In the detention center, Mr. Lei was tortured for a confession. Every day he was handcuffed, hung up by his arms and beaten. From this, five of his ribs were broken, his head was swollen, and his eyes became slits. He was sent to the police hospital for emergency treatment.

Mr. Lei said to the doctor, "I am a Falun Dafa practitioner. I did not do any bad things, but I was arrested and tortured. Before I started to practice Falun Dafa, I suffered from many illnesses. After I began Falun Dafa practice, all the illnesses disappeared without treatment. To help me, don't interfere with my practicing the exercises. I will definitely be fine."

The doctor said, "Your situation is very serious. Your organs are damaged, and without treatment or medication, your life will be in danger. I am afraid you might die tonight." Mr. Lei sincerely said, "In this case, medications are useless. Only Dafa can save my life."

The doctor seemed to understand Mr. Lei, and placed him in a room and didn't allow others to harass him. When the guards inquired, the doctor said, "When a patient arrives in our hospital, we take responsibility for him." Mr. Lei practiced the exercises and looked after himself. Three days later, the doctor came to give him a full examination. Mr. Lei's internal organs had stopped bleeding, and his situation had stabilized. The doctor was shocked. Mr. Lei's case validated the miraculous effect of Falun Dafa in healing illness and keeping fit.

On September 3, 2008 at the Chenzhou Court, an official from the Beihu District Procuratorate said, "Lei is stubborn, so he should receive heavy punishment. He should start a new life."

Mr. Lei said, "I act according to Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. I didn't do anything to harm the country, society or other people. Officer, you asked me to "start a new life." What kind of a person do you want me to be? When I was detained in a detention center and forced labor camp, you tortured me using more than twenty means to force me to give up practicing Falun Gong. Your so-called 'transformation' requires me to swear, beat and sabotage others. Is this what 'starting a new life' means?"