Additional Persecution News from China - November 13, 2008 (48 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 36 cities or counties in 15 provinces. In this report, 34 practitioners were subjected to brutal mistreatment during their detention and at least 30 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Li Ruigang Remains Unconscious at Detention Center
Mr. Li Ruigang has been held at the Liaoyang County Detention Center since being taken into custody a month ago. He suffered a severe injury to the head as a result of beatings. Mr. Li remains unconscious. He has to be given injections of liquid sustenance to stay alive. The authorities still refuse to let his family visit him.
2. [Shanghai] Mr. Li Shufeng Held at Jiading District Detention Center after Being Taken into Custody November 3
3. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Lijun and Mr. Liu Junrui Held in Jidong Prison
Mr. Zhang Lijun from Langfang City, Hebei Province, has been sentenced to eight years in prison, and Mr. Liu Junrui to four years. The two practitioners were taken to Jidong Prison in Tangshan City after the other prisons refused to admit them.
4. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Huang Hanming Taken into Custody by Officers from Fangcao Street Police Station
At around 8:00 a.m. on November 10, Ms. Huang Hanming, in her 60s, was taken into custody by officers from the Fangcao Street Police Station while she was giving out brochures on Fangcao Street. Ms. Huang lives at the Nuclear Dynamics Institute in Chengdu City. Officers went to search her home the same day. They confiscated Falun Dafa books and other items. Ms. Huang has been held at the Pi County Detention Center.
5. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Xiang Yuanhua and Ms. Liu Chaoqiong Taken into Custody
On the afternoon of November 9, 2008, Mr. Xiang Yuanhua and Ms. Liu Chaoqiong from Chengxiang Town, Chengdu City, were turned in to the police while they were telling others about the persecution. Officers from the Chengxiang Police Station took them into custody and searched their homes. Mr. Xiang's son's computer was confiscated. Mr. Xiang and Ms. Liu are being held at the Qingbaijiang Detention Center.
Changxiang Police Station: 86-28-83632814
Liao Zhiyong, director; Yang Dong, deputy director
6. [Tianjin] Ms. Xu Guomin Sentenced to Prison, Whereabouts of Other Arrested Practitioners Unknown
Ms. Xu Guomin from the Tanggu District of Tianjin has been unlawfully held in a detention center for over seven months. On October 9, 2008, she was taken to the Xiqing District Women's Prison in Tianjin. Her family did not receive any notice regarding her situation until October 16 when they received a call from prison officials to visit. They were told that Ms. Xu was to serve a three-year term.
The whereabouts of Mr. Qi Changrong, Ms. Liu Shanmin, Ms. Song Hongcui, and Mr. Bai Hong, who were all arrested at the same time as Ms. Xu, remain unknown.
7. [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Xie Chunmei Taken to a Forced Labor Camp
At around 9:00 p.m. on November 6, 2007, Ms. Xie Chunmei, a teacher at the Nanchang City No. 20 High School, was turned in to the police while she was posting leaflets. She was taken to the Xihu Domestic Security Division at around 11:00 p.m. Officers from the Xihu Domestic Security Division broke into her home the same night. The police confiscated two printers, a notebook computer, two desktop computers, printer paper, and Falun Gong materials. Ms. Xie has been sentenced to 18 months of forced labor. She is being held in the Jiangxi Province Women's Forced Labor Camp.
8. [Gejiu City, Yunnan Province] Ms. Long Zhiying Unlawfully Held at the Datun Detention Center
Ms. Long Zhiying, around 40 years old, went to visit her ill mother-in-law in the Datun area of Gejiu City. Now, Ms. Long has been missing for five days. On November 11, her husband received a call from the Datun Detention Center in Gejiu City telling him that Ms. Long was being held there and he was to send some clothes. However, he was not allowed to meet with his wife.
9. [Xiuyan County, Liaoning Province] Six Practitioners Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
On September 18, 2008, the Xiuyan Court sentenced six practitioners to prison. It has been reported that Mr. Long Baoqing from the Guojiao area of Xiuyan Town was sentenced to three years in prison; Ms. Zhang Xianhao was sentenced to four years in prison (she has appealed her sentencing); Mr. Guo Xianning was sentenced to five years; Ms. Zhang Yanju was sentenced to four years. The other two practitioners have possibly receive 10-year sentences.
10. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Qu Xuan Held at Yancheng Prison in Jiangsu Province
Mr. Qu Xuan, from the Chang'an area of Xi'an City was working odd jobs in Jiangsu Province. Around the Mid-Autumn Festival (September 14, 2008), he told others about the persecution of Falun Gong. When he was dining in a restaurant afterwards, local plainclothes officers led by a fruit vendor, who recognized Mr. Qu, took him into custody. Mr. Qu is being held in Yancheng Prison in Jiangsu Province, serving a 20-month term.
11. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Ms. Ren Yumei and Ms. Dong Lijie Taken into Custody at around 10:00 a.m. on November 11
12. [Dengta City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Xiuli and Ms. Li Hua Transferred to a Brainwashing Center in Liaoyang City
13. [Beijing] Ms. Zhao Huaichun's Life in Imminent Danger; Detention Center Authorities Refuse to Release Her
Ms. Zhao Huaichun, 58, is from the Jingouhe area of Beijing. On June 10, 2008, the police took her into custody. She is being held in the Haidian Detention Center in the Qinghe area of Beijing. She has been sentenced to three and a half years in prison. Ms. Zhao suffers from heart disease and is not able to eat or drink. Her life is in imminent danger, but the detention center officials have refused to release her.
14. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Mr. Gao Weixi Taken to Shiling Prison in Siping City
15. [Liaoning Province] Practitioners Arrested in Qingyuan County Transferred to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
16. [Jintang County, Sichuan Province] Ms. Li Zhurong and Other Practitioners Held at Qingbaijiang Police Station
On November 10, 2008, Ms. Li Zhurong, Ms. Liao Xingyun, and Ms. Yi Kunfeng from Jintang County were turned in to the police while telling others the facts about Falun Gong in Taiping Town in the Qingbaijiang area. They are being held in the Qingbaijiang Police Station after being taken into custody.
17. [Gaoling County, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Deng Mingying Unlawfully Followed, Recorded, and Taken into Custody
Local police officers in Gaoling County set up video cameras outside Ms. Deng's home to watch her. On July 8, 2008, the police searched her home. They confiscated a computer, a printer, DVDs, books, and her personal property. Ms. Deng has since remained in custody.
18. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Che Guilan's Home Unlawfully Searched
On November 6, 2008, three officers from the Hongshan Town Police Station in Zichuan District, Zibo City, suddenly broke into Ms. Che Guilan's home in Pujia Village, Hongshan Town. Ms. Che was not at home. The police threatened her husband. The next day, the police showed up again. They confiscated Falun Dafa books, the portrait of the Master of Falun Gong, and an MP3 player. Ms. Che's clothes were torn apart as she tried to protect the Falun Dafa books.
Hongshan Town Police Station: 86-533-5810855
19. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Mr. Zhang Wanwu and His Wife, Ms. Hu Guangyan, Taken to Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Zhang Wanwe is being held in Weizigou Forced Labor Camp. His wife is in Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. Both are practitioners in Changchun City.
20. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Cao Fenglan Taken into Custody; Her Bedridden Husband and Elderly Father Left Unattended
On the morning of November 7, 2008, Ms. Cao Fenglan, who lives in the Cinema Complex in Changchun City, was taken into custody. She is being held at the Weizigou Detention Center. Her husband suffered a stroke and cannot take care of himself. Her father is in his 80s. Both have been left unattended.
Dongfeng Police Station: 86-431-85902562
Director of the police station: 86-431-85902710
21. [Xiushui County, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Dong Jing Faces Prison Term; His Wife and Two Daughters Have No Source of Income
On the evening of September 3, 2008, members of the Xiushui County 610 Office and officers from the Xiushui County Police Department broke into the home of Mr. Dong Jing. The officers took Mr. Dong, 33, into custody. They confiscated a computer, a printer, and other items. Mr. Dong is being held at the Xiushui County Detention Center. The police compiled a dossier on him and filed it with the Procuratorate, which is working on sentencing him to prison. Mr. Dong's wife has no source of income. She has a difficult time raising their two daughters, an-eight year-old and a two-year-old.
Xu Xiuwu, Party Secretary of the Xiushui County Political and Judiciary Committee: 86-792-7221936 (Office), 86-13803565661 (Cell)
Chen Lin, deputy director of the Xiushui County 610 Office: 86-792-7221805, 86-13803552689 (Cell)
Yin Jianjun, chief of the Xiushui County Police Department: 86-13907926689 (Cell)
22. [Changge City, Henan Province] Ms. Guo Huaniu on a Hunger Strike to Protest the Persecution
Ms. Guo Huaniu has been on a hunger strike for four days. She was eating very little for over a week even before the hunger strike. She is very weak.
23. [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Mr. Li Guangshi and Mr. Yang Fujin Secretly Sentenced to Prison
Mr. Li Guangshi, a practitioner in Yanjin City, has been secretly sentenced to four years in prison. Mr. Yang Fujin has been sentenced to three years in prison with delayed serving of his term. He has returned home on medical parole.
24. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Mingyan and Ms. Li Yanchun Face Trial
25. [Xinbin County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Hui and Other Practitioners Taken into Custody
On November 8 or November 9, Ms. Liu Hui and Mr. Liu Lijie were taken from Xinbin County, Fushun City to the Luotaishanzhuang Brainwashing Center in Fushun City. The two practitioners were later released.
Mr. Chen Jiuwen and Ms. Yu Shuxian remain in custody at the Xinbin County Detention Center.
26. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Ms. Ren Yumei and Practitioner Dong Taken into Custody by Chuanying Police Department on November 11
27. [Beijing] Ms. Guo Li Fired
Ms. Guo Li from Beijing worked at the Tianxidiyicheng business complex in Hebei Province. Prior to the Beijing Olympics in August, she was taken into police custody at work. Her employer subsequently fired her.
Main switchboard of the Tianxiadiyicheng business complex: 86-316-8588888
Extension of the general manager: 47895
Gu Yeqiu, deputy general manager: 86-13230698700 (Cell)
Li Xiaosheng, deputy general manager: 86-13503266190 (Cell)
28. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Xiujun and Three Other Practitioners Face Unlawful Trial
29. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Sun Lingmin Taken into Custody
Ms. Sun Lingmin, who lives in the Zhangdian District in Zibo City, was taken into custody from her home by the Zhangdian District Crime Response Division on October 27, 2008. The police confiscated a computer among other items.
30. [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Minghua and Ms. Li Yan Taken into Custody
On November 4, 2008, the police searched Ms. Wang Minghua's home near Xinhua Village on Mizhou Street, Zhucheng City. Ms. Wang was taken into custody. The police also took Ms. Li Yan, who lives at the Zhucheng Fertilizer Factory, into custody.
31. [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Shuqing Taken into Custody
At around 7:30 a.m. on November 12, 2008, Zhucheng police took Ms. Wang Shuqing into custody when she came downstairs from her residence. The police then searched her home. Ms. Wang has already spent three years in Jing'le Forced Labor Camp.
32. [Yancheng City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Chai Ruiyan and Other Practitioners Taken into Custody Recently
On October 29, Ms. Chai Ruiyan, who worked at the Tianchen Co. Ltd. affiliated with the Yueda Group Company in Yancheng City, was taken into custody. On October 30, Mr. Xu Donggan, who works at the same company, was taken into custody. The police took into custody Ms. Kong Lingxiu in Donghe Village on November 7 and Ms. Pan Xiuying at Tianchen Co. Ltd. on November 11.
Individuals and organizations actively engaged in the persecution in recent years:
Officer Niu: 86-13365180359 (Cell)
Director Ha: 86-13365180602 (Cell)
Section head Ji at the No. 4 Police Department: 86-515-88166080
Wenfeng Police Station: 86-515-88365727
33. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Ms. Liu Yulan Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor after Being Taken into Custody on October 31 Again
34. [Shaoguan City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Huang Shaomei Held in Custody
On October 13, 2008, Ms. Huang Shaomei, who lives in the Qujiang District in Shaoguan City, was taken into custody by local police and agents from the 610 Office while giving out Falun Dafa brochures. The police searched her home and confiscated a computer and other items. Ms. Huang is being held at a local detention center.
35. [Chongqing] Ms. Lei Changrong Again Taken into Police Custody
At around 3:00 p.m. on November 12, 2008, Ms. Lei Changrong was taken into custody by officers from the Haitang Police Station in Nan'an District while she was telling others about the persecution.
36. [Ningxia Autonomous Region] Mr. Yang Xiutian Taken into Custody Recently
Mr. Yang Xiutian, who works at the Special Equipment Examination Agency in Shizuishan City, Ningxia Autonomous Region, was recently taken into police custody. Mr. Yang had been held in a forced labor camp in the Ningxia Autonomous Region in the past. After he was taken into custody, the police in Shizuishan City confiscated his computers at home and at work.
37. [Kunming City, Yunnan Province] Ms. Zhou Jin Secretly Placed on Trial
On the afternoon of April 22, 2008, Ms. Zhou Jin, a college student in Kunming City, was taken into custody in the store operated by her family in the Dongzhan area by officers from the Guandu District Domestic Security Division. She was taken to the Guandu District Detention Center the same night. The police searched the store and then her home, where they took some of her personal items. Her mother, Ms. Long Xianhua, who is also a practitioner, was also taken into custody on June 2 after being followed by the police. Both practitioners are in custody.
On November 3, the No. 1 Division of the Kunming City Procuratorate held hearings without notifying Ms. Zhou Jin's family.
Han Chunying (gender unknown), official in charge of the case at the Kunming City Procuratorate: 86-871-5740064
No. 1 Division of the Kunming City Procuratorate: 86-871-5740072, 86-871-5740073
Reception Section of the No. 1 Division of the Kunming City Procuratorate: 86-871-5740133
38. [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhu Mengyun Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
When the 2008 Olympic Games were held in Beijing in August, officers from the Wuyi County Police Department took orders from the county 610 Office to take into custody Mr. Zhu Mengyun. They searched Mr. Zhu's home in Zhujiazhuang Village in Longdian Township. Mr. Zhu has been sentenced to two years of forced labor by the 610 Office and taken to Handan Forced Labor Camp.
He Lingxue, director of the Wuyi County 610 Office: 86-13383383610 (Cell)
Huang Zhicai, clerk at the Wuyi County 610 Office: 86-13932848580 (Cell)
Feng Yiyong, chief of the Wuyi County Police Department: 86-13303186366 (Cell)
39. [Huachuan County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Qi Shuangyuan Faces Unlawful Trial on November 21
40. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Lijun Taken into Custody
Ms. Liu Lijun, 25, lives in Lijia Village, Dalianwan Town, the Ganjingzi District, Dalian City. She is a teacher at the Jitao Computer School. On the afternoon of October 30, half a dozen officers and two plainclothes officers from the Bianfang Police Station in Dalianwan Town took Ms. Liu into custody while she was at work. Ms. Liu's whereabouts are unknown.
Wen Houguo, director of the Bianfang Police Station: 86-13390008168 (Cell)
Hou Lei, deputy director of the Bianfang Police Station: 86-13540008279 (Cell)
41. [Ruichang City, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Chen Xiaoyan and Huang Tinghuang (Gender Unknown) Taken into Custody
At around 4:30 p.m. on November 11, 2008, half a dozen officers from the Ruichang City 610 Office, the Ruichang City Police Department, and the Pencheng Police Departmet broke into Mr. Chen Xiaoyan's home. Two officers even climbed over the wall from the home of Mr. Chen's upstairs neighbor. The police confiscated a notebook computer, a camera, an MP3 player, a copy of "Zhuan Falun," and other books. Mr. Chen was taken into custody. At around 7:00 p.m. the police showed up again at his home. They took a desktop computer next door at Ms. Chen's daughter's home. The computer was used by Mr. Chen's grandson for his study and for computer games.
Mr. Chen Xiaoyan, in his 70s, is an official retired from the Ruichang Goods and Materials Department. He is responsible for the care of his 98-year-old mother.
Zhou Zuolin, deputy chief of the Ruichang City Police Department, director of the 610 Office: 86-792-4213363 (Home), 86-13507923408 (Cell)
Fan Kang, head of the Domestic Security Division: 86-792-4236121 (Office), 86-792-4223066 (Home), 86-13807922408 (Cell)
42. [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Wang Xijun and a Dozen Other Practitioners Held in Custody
Recently over a dozen practitioners were taken to the Shouguang Ammunition Inventory. One of the practitioners is a teacher at the No. 2 High School. Mr. Wang Xijun, a retired teacher in his 60s, is also held there.
43. [Hengyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Luo Hong Remains in Custody
On June 4, 2008, a dozen police officers from the Hengyang Domestic Security Division and from the Renmin Road Police Station broke into Ms. Luo Hong's home. They searched the home and took Ms. Luo to the Hengyang City No. 1 Detention Center. The police are also looking for her husband, who has been forced to leave town and has nowhere to live.
Hengyang City 610 Office: 86-734-8866611
Wang Jianhua, director of the Renmin Road Police Station: 86-13973404228 (Cell)
44. [Beijing] Mr. Liu Kexiang and His Wife, Ms. Liu Cuiying, Taken into Custody
On the morning of November 11, 2008, Mr. Liu Kexiang and his wife, Ms. Liu Cuiying, were taken by half a dozen plainclothes police officers from their home to the Miyun Detention Center. The two practitioners have been illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor and taken to the Daxing area in Beijing.
45. [Longkou City, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Yufang Taken into Custody
At 10:00 a.m. on November 11, 2008, officers from the Zhongcun Town Police Station in Longkou City broke into Ms. Li Yufang's home. Ms. Li, in her 50s, lives by herself. The police searched her home and handcuffed her. She was taken to the Zhongcun Town Police Station.
Zhongcun Town Police Station: 86-535-8789986
Director of the Zhongcun Town Police Station: 86-13953527215 (Cell)
46. [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Yang Yajing and Mr. Ji Guorong Taken to Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Yang Yajing and Mr. Ji Guorong were taken into custody in late September and on October 9, respectively, by officers from the Wanbailin Police Department and the Qianfeng Police Station. The two practitioners have been sentenced to one year of forced labor.
Director of the Qianfeng Police Station: 86-351-6342248 (Office)
47. [Baoji City, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Lin Hongjun and Mr. Xi Shuansheng Taken into Custody
Mr. Lin Hongjun and Mr. Xi Shuansheng were taken into custody in their rented home on or around November 9. The police took everything in the room. The two practitioners, both from Baoji City, are being held at the Baoji Hotel.
48. [Ruichang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Zhu Ruixia Forced to Leave Town with Nowhere to Live
At around 9:00 a.m. on November 7, 2008, officers from the Pencheng Police Department in Ruichang City broke into Ms. Zhu Ruixia's Clock and Watch Store and took a computer. They tried to drag Ms. Zhu, who is about 50 years old, into a police vehicle. She suffered injuries when her leg jammed into the door of the police car. The crowd that gathered condemned the officers, who sped away without Ms. Zhu. The officers headed to her home and ransacked it. Ms. Zhu has been forced to leave town and has nowhere to live. The police took her husband to the Pencheng Police Department and unlawfully held him in custody.
Rao Zhengying (gender unknown), chief of the Pencheng Police Department: 86-792-4222546 (Office), 86-792-4225880 (Home), 86-13907923640 (Cell)
November 11, 2008