(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Shuying, 37, lived in Yushu City, Jilin Province. While on a business trip she was involved in a traffic accident and lost one kidney, but the incision would not heal for a long time. In 1998, her incision healed shortly after she began cultivating Falun Dafa. This miracle led her husband, Yue Kai, to also begin the practice and they lived a good life.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime started persecuting Falun Gong. Although Ms. Li had been cultivating for less than a year, she helped to clarify the truth to all levels of government. On February 10, 2000, when she went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa with her husband, they were arrested. Her husband was sent to Weizigou Forced Labor Camp with a one-year sentence. Ms. Li was sent to Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for a one-year term. They both were tortured inhumanly in prison.

Ms. Li refused to give up her faith. In the Fourth Ward, the warden and guards slapped her and shocked her with electric batons. She told other practitioners that the electric baton shocks made her chest twitch and that it felt as if her heart was shrinking. Her heart would palpitate whenever she saw the electric batons. Her term was extended another year because she refused to succumb to the brainwashing. She was released at the beginning of 2002.

Ms. Li's husband, Mr. Yue Kai, was detained in three different labor camps--Weizigou Labor Camp, Fenjin Labor Camp, and Chaoyanggou Labor Camp. His term was also extended, but he was released in May 2001, because he was dying. Ms. Li and Mr. Yue had less than one month together before he died on February 18, 2002, at the age of 29 (see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/3/11/19678.html).

On March 11, 2002, less than a month later, while she was still morning the death of her husband, the local police stormed into her home, and arrested her again. She was sentenced to another two years of forced labor and taken to Heizuizi Labor Camp again. Ms. Li went on hunger strike for more than 100 days to protest. She was force-fed during the hunger strike. They guards thick plastic tubes or forced rice balls into her mouth with their hands. She was also force-fed highly concentrated salt water. After all other methods were exhausted, she was given intravenous injections. The more than 100 days of force-feeding severely damaged her health, and she became very weak. Warden Zhang Guimei (female) and Guard Wang Jing (female) still punched and kicked her and use electric batons to shock he. She was also tortured with the Big Hang Up (1).

When her two older brothers went to visit her, they were detained for about five hours. They were forced to sign a statement saying they would be responsible for her condition as a result of the hunger strike. If they refused, they would not be released, so they signed against their will. Ms. Li's legs were swollen so badly that she could not walk and she was unable to take care of herself. The camp administrators were afraid she might die in their custody, so she was released in June 2003. Her two older brothers arranged for her to hospitalized for a month at the Siping City hospital. She was taken home when she was able to walk by holding on to a wall.

Because Falun Gong continues to be persecuted in China, Ms. Li could not practice the exercises openly. Her condition worsened. In the spring of 2005, guards from Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp visited her mother-in-law's home to question her as to Ms. Li's whereabouts. Ms. Li was living in fear and could not recover her health. She died on October 14, 2008.


(1) There are two forms to this torture: (a) Both hands are cuffed behind the back and only the toes touch the ground. A person is suspended by a rope that is tied to a window frame; (b) One hand of a practitioner is cuffed to one bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, and the two beds are pulled in the opposite directions. It is extremely painful as the body is pulled apart. See illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/11/17/54624.html

Related report: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/12/18/55691.html