(Clearwisdom.net) Less than six months ago, National Security agents and police officers illegally arrested Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Huang Min from Chengdu City, Sichuan Province on the street. On August 15, 2007, her family was informed of her death. Huang Min had been tied to a bed at Xinhuashe District Health Service Center, formerly named Qingyang District Hospital in Chengdu City. Another practitioner, Zhao Zhongling died at the same hospital on May 5, 2007.

Practitioners Deng Jianping, Duan Shiqiong, Chen Guijun, Hu Hongyue, Huang Lisha, Shen Lizhi and several other practitioners whose names we do not know are currently being held at this hospital. Chengdu City Detention Center officials designated this hospital as a place to carry out the persecution of Falun Gong. Here, many practitioners are force-fed or injected with nerve-damaging drugs.

After Huang Min's death, a doctor at the Chengdu City Detention Center called her family and told them to go to the detention center. When they arrived, four officials coerced them into signing a document that said, "Huang Min died from a hunger strike." They threatened to dissect the body if the family did not sign it. The family firmly refused and insisted on seeing the body. All four officials were young or middle-aged men. One wearing civilian clothes claimed to be a judiciary official; one was a secretary; another claimed to be a doctor at the detention center. The fourth man, unidentified, smoked the whole time.

The "doctor" and the smoking police officer each drove a car and took Huang Ming's family to the No. 5 Freezer at the Anfuyuan Morgue on No. 4 East Shawan Road in Chengdu City at 1:00 p.m. on August 15, 2007 to look at Huang Min's body.

Ms. Huang's body weighed around 25 kg [55 lbs]. The facial expression was one of terrible anguish. The eyes were slightly open, and the head was tilted to the right. The mouth was wide open, completely exposing the upper front teeth. One tooth was missing, in the middle of the lower front row. An unknown yellow substance covered the whole mouth and teeth, and also leaked from the corner of the mouth. The body had a strong medicinal odor. The fingers were frozen in the posture of a tight grip. There were a few bruises on the forearms that appeared to have been caused by pinches.

When the family tried to photograph the body, the four officials immediately pushed them away. The smoking officer kept waving his cigarette over Huang Min's body to block the view. The family told him to respect the deceased and repeatedly asked him to remove the cigarette, and he reluctantly complied. He ordered someone to immediately lock Freezer No 5.

The police forbade the family from taking the remains and coerced them to consent to cremation that same day. They said Huang Min did not leave anything behind. The cremation took place at the Chengdu City Funeral Home in Mopanshan at 3:00 p.m. on August 15, 2007. The funeral home did not provide any documentation for the cremation.

Huang Min graduated from Chongqing University with a bachelor's degree. She was the deputy head of the Chengdu City Middle and Small Enterprise Administration Bureau, the former Chengdu City Township Enterprise Administration Bureau. She retired in November 2000. Party officials at different levels persecuted her for persevering in her belief in Truth-Compassion-Tolerance. She was held at Sichuan Province Women's Labor Camp in Nanmusi, Zizhong County where she was tortured for 19 months and was reduced to a skeletal state.

Officers from the Funan Police Station at the Qingyang District Police Department and from the Funan Street Administration Committee arrested Huang Min at her rented room the morning of May 19, 2005. One official forbade her from putting on socks or changing clothes. Instead, they covered her head, handcuffed her and dragged her away. They took her to the Xinjin 610 Office Brainwashing Center, where six people pinned her to the ground and force-fed her. They knocked out a tooth and stabbed her with a feeding tube until her throat bled. Huang Min pulled the tube out. The abusers inserted it again saying, "Go ahead and pull it; we can put it in again. In the end, you are the one who is hurt."

Huang Min was arrested on the street at 5:00 p.m. on March 4, 2007. Participating in the arrest were officers from the Chengdu City National Security Bureau and from the Qingyang District Police Department. She was held at the Chengdu City Detention Center where she went on a hunger strike the day of her arrest, in hopes of awakening the conscience of the persecutors.

Officials at the Qingyang District Court called Huang Min's family in early June 2007, three months after the arrest. They informed the family about the arrest and the location where she was held--the Xinhuashe District Health Service Center in the Qingyang District. The doctor issued a Notice of Critical Condition. When the family asked to see Huang Min, the police coerced them to sign an Arrest Notice before the family would be granted a meeting. Huang Min's sister signed it.

The police recorded the family members' ID and took their valuables, including purses. They also took photographs throughout the whole visit.

Huang Min was held in a room with a tightly shut door. The police forbade anyone to open it. It was only 12 square meters [129 square feet] with a small window toward the top of the wall. The window was barred, the metal bars closely spaced. The air in the room was stifling in the summer. There were three single beds in the room; one for Huang Min and two for female inmates assigned to monitor her.

Huang Min was chained in the middle bed by her hands and feet. The chains weighed about 25 kg [55 lbs]. Her fingernails and toenails were about 20-30 mm [0.79-1.18 inches] long. Her pants had been thrown away because they were too filthy. Her lower body was covered in a badly soiled and fetid bed sheet. Electronic monitors and eight guards were outside Huang Min's room.

The family asked to buy daily necessities for Huang Min. The guards would only let them buy towels, a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and clothes. They opened everything the family brought, to make sure nothing was hidden inside and would not let the family buy any food for Huang Min. A female guard told the family, "Zhao Zhongling [another Falun Gong practitioner] was locked up next door, and she died within a month."

The family said to Huang Min, "It's not worth it for you to hold a hunger strike in front of these people who are brutal and do not care about a precious human life." Huang Min realized she must live through the persecution, so she ended the hunger strike. Before leaving, the family asked the guards to inform them of Huang Min's condition. The guards agreed, but never contacted the family.

Before the family left, the guards tried to force the family to sign a statement of death caused by hunger strike, but the family refused.

Qingyang District Court officials called the family in mid June 2007 and told them that Huang Min, who was still held in the hospital, had been sentenced to six years of forced labor. They never presented the sentence or the charges in written form. The family still does not know the allegations, and the court failed to present factual evidence.

The family requested a meeting with Huang Min through the Qingyang District Court in late June 2007. They were able to see her, and she was eating well at the time. She weighed about 110 lbs. The family was told on August 15 that she died at 7:30 a.m. As already mentioned above, cremation took place later that day, against the family's will.

The family picked up Huang Min's ashes around 9:00 a.m. on August 16, 2007. They asked the police to reinstate Huang Min's salary and pension that was illegally withheld from her, and also to return private belongings that were taken away when they ransacked her home, as well as her canceled ID and residence permit.