(Clearwisdom.net) In Balinzuoqi, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia, there were more than 2,000 Falun Gong practitioners before the persecution started in 1999. Since July 20, 1999, the government in Balinzuoqi has colluded with the judicial, legal, and Procuratorate systems, schools and businesses to suppress practitioners.

Those who aggressively participate in the persecution include Wang Qige, Huang Jingxiang, Cui Fengguo, Tu Buxin, Bai Xiuzhen, Na Shun, Du Yi, Tang Guozhi, Zhu Zijie, Zhang Rongshan, Fu Xiuyun, and Zhang Yuzhen. They are affiliated with the Public Safety system, Zuoqi 610 Office, and a detention center.

In the eight years of persecution, four practitioners died, including Zhang Fenglan, one practitioner was sentenced unlawfully, 15 practitioners were taken to a forced labor camp, including Li Yumei, Li Yulan, Ji Yunzhi, Duan Xueqin, Li Shengjun, and Wang Xiaoyan, 29 practitioners were detained, eight practitioners were taken to the Chifeng Brainwashing Center, and more than 30 practitioners were illegally arrested and interrogated. Many practitioners were fined, threatened, their houses searched, and their cash and personal property were confiscated.

1. Li Shengjun and three other practitioners are still detained

On April 7, 2006, the Chifeng City 610 Office, the local political and legal commission, National Security Bureau, public safety, and police arrested four practitioners from Lindong Town in Zuoqi. The practitioners are Li Shengjun, Li Yufen, Wang Xiaoyan, and Li Shujie. Perpetrators Wang Qige, Bai Xiuzhen, Tu Busi, and Liu Jianguo took them to the Huhehaote Women's Forced Labor Camp.

2. Practitioner Ms. Zhang Fenglan from Balinzuoqi died due to relentless persecution

Ms. Zhang Fenglan, 54, had serious bronchitis and heart disease. The diseases disappeared after Ms. Zhang started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. After the persecution started on July 20, 1999, Zuoqi 610 Office agent Jiang Shanhai and staff from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Street Office started to harass Ms. Zhang and illegally searched her home. In 2001, Cui Fengguo, from the Zuoqi Police Station, and officer Wang Zhicun arrested Ms. Zhang and extorted 3,000 yuan from her. There wasn't any paperwork or receipts given. In October 2003, staff from the 610 Office and people from Lindong Town tried to force Zhang Fenglan to write a statement renouncing Falun Gong and they put her in the Chifeng City Brainwashing Center. In 2004, agents from the police station and Lindong Townhall often went to Ms. Zhang's house or called her to harass her and tried to force her to renounce Falun Gong. Due to the constant harassment, she couldn't live a normal life. On May 19, 2007, Zhang Rongshan, deputy director of the Zuoqi 610 Office, and people from the Zuoqi Education Bureau called Ms. Zhang's husband and threatened him. Ms. Zhang was so distressed that her heart disease came back and she died on May 29, 2007.

3. Practitioner Ms. Duan Xueqin from BalinZuoqi was many times sentenced and sent to a forced labor camp

Ms. Duan Xueqin previously had intestinal disease, cholecystitis, gastritis, heart problems, and liver disease. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. Initially she could only study the teachings of Falun Dafa while on her bed. Her first impression about the book was that she must practice and let the principles of Dafa, "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance" cleanse her. Ms. Duan's diseases disappeared a month after she started her practice. She could take care of her family and never needed any medications. Her family's financial situation improved and all her family members started practicing Falun Gong.

On January 28, 2000, Ms. Duan went to a park to do the Falun Gong exercises and was arrested and detained for 15 days. On June 13, 2001, when Duan Xueqin and her husband left home for work, Chi Jianxue and officer Liu Zhijun illegally searched their home. They confiscated all the Dafa books. Ms. Duan's daughter was home and she told Chi and Liu that Falun Dafa was good and it cured her mother's illnesses. Chi slapped Ms. Duan's daughter. A few days later, when Ms. Duan got home after work, Chi, Liu, and Bai Xiuzhen took Duan Xueqin and her daughter away. Her daughter was detained for 15 days. Ms. Duan was sentenced to three years and taken to the Tumuji Women's Forced Labor Camp in Xinganmeng. The guards would not let her do the exercises at the camp. As a result, her health deteriorated and the camp thus sent her home.

In September 2002, Duan Xueqin went to her oldest daughter's home to help out. The police arrested her husband and detained him in the police station for two days. They threatened and pointed a gun at Ms. Duan's second daughter. Her daughter was so traumatized that she developed a heart problem. The police forced Ms. Duan to go home and kept her under surveillance. On October 14, 2002, Qi Bolin and others broke into Duan Xueqin's home, telling her she needed to go with them, but Ms. Duan was able to escape. At midnight, dozens of people went to her home and her relatives' residences and searched their houses inside out. These people arrested Ms. Duan's son and took him to the police station. They started to slap him around, trying to force him to renounce Falun Gong. On December 27, 2002, Duan Xueqin went home. Her husband couldn't stand the ongoing harassment and pressure of the persecution. He forced Ms. Duan to leave home.

On January 11, 2003, police from the Chifeng City National Security arrested Duan Xueqin in Chifeng City. Several policemen beat her about the head and later handcuffed her with practitioners Ms. Zhou Caixia (who later died due to persecution), Ms. Zhang Lanfeng (who also died due to persecution), and Ms. Tian Sufang. The four practitioners were taken to the Chifeng City Detention Center. Ms. Duan refused to cooperate with the interrogation and the police tortured her and broke her right shoulder and left leg.

Duan Xueqin went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The prisoners, instigated by the guards, tried to pry open her mouth and cracked her teeth with a pair of pliers. A guard with last name Jiang forced Ms. Duan to eat a large quantity of highly salted noodles. Ms. Duan began to vomit blood. Eighteen days later, her life was in danger. The detention center ordered Ms. Duan's family to pick her up. A month later, officers from Chifeng City took her to the Hongshan District Detention Center. On her way there, Duan Xueqin was still vomiting blood.

In the detention center, female guard Deng Liyan instigated two male prisoners to force feed Ms. Duan. They shocked her with electric batons. Afterward, they took Ms. Duan to a hospital and inserted a feeding tube into her esophagus. Every time the prisoners roughly inserted the plastic tube inside Ms. Duan, it caused her to vomit more and more blood. The guards tied her on a "dead man's bed" and denied her use of the toilet. Ms. Duan developed muscle atrophy due to lack of movement over a long period of time. Wang Xiaodan, Liu Shujie and Chen (first name unknown) verbally abused Ms. Duan, spat on her face, hit her shoulders with hard objects, stripped her to humiliate her, and hit her on the chest. They tortured her every day. Liu and Wang forbade Ms. Duan from opening her eyes. After a while, because Duan Xueqin couldn't turn on the dead man's bed, her saliva and tears had glued her lips and eyes shut. Deng Lihua ignored Ms. Duan when she needed to use the toilet. Two weeks later, the guards let her use a toilet with handcuffs on. Deng had Liu and Wang take Ms. Duan to a bathroom. Liu and Wang poked their fingernails deep into her skin when taking her there. Ms. Duan couldn't have a bowel movement because she had become terribly constipated after such a long time without being allowed to use the bathroom. Without waiting for Ms. Duan to relieve herself normally, Liu and Wang took her back to her cell immediately. Ms. Duan was barely alive at the time. The guards took her to a hospital and found that she had internal bleeding. They threatened the family, trying to force them to pay 3,000 yuan before they could take Ms. Duan home. Although her family didn't have the money, the guards let Ms. Duan go because they didn't want to be held responsible if she died at the detention center.

Between 2003 and 2005, Zhang Rongshan and Fu Xiuyun from the Zuoqi 610 Office continually harassed Ms. Duan Xueqin. On October 17, 2003, her father-in-law passed away. At the funeral, the Zuoqi Police Station and the Public Security Bureau arrested her and took her to the Daban Detention Center. The guards there brutally beat Ms. Duan. Wang Haishen from the Chifeng City Detention Center and officer Deng Liyan then took Ms. Duan to the Inner Mongolia First Women's Prison and started torturing her. Ms. Duan went on a hunger strike in protest. The mental pressure and physical torture almost killed Ms. Duan. She couldn't sleep because of the pain and fear. She suffers every day due to the persecution.

4. Three sisters from Balinzuoqi are persecuted

In 1997, three sisters - Li Yumei, Li Yulan, and Li Yufen, began practicing Falun Gong and all their illnesses were healed. Their mental and physical health dramatically improved and they lived happily as a family.

In July 1999, the persecution started. The Zuoqi Public Security Bureau, the National Security Team, and the residential committee many times harassed them at their home or by telephoning them, illegally interrogated them, followed them, and monitored them at home.

Between July and August 2000, the Zuoqi Public Security Bureau and National Security arrested Li Yulan and Li Yufen. Their family was forced to pay 3,000 yuan for them to be released.

In October and November 2000, Huang Jingxiang and Wang Qige (director and deputy director from the Public Safety Bureau), Tu Busi (captain of the National Security Team), and Bai Xiuzhen arrested the three sisters and detained them for two months. After that, Li Yumei was sentenced to two years and sent to the Tumuji Forced Labor Camp. She was many times beaten, shocked with electric batons, force fed, hung up by her handcuffed wrists for a long time, exposed to cold conditions, and forced to do slave labor. Ms. Li Yulan was detained for eight months and was then sentenced to three years. She was taken to the Yuanlinlu Detention Center in Chifeng City and tortured. The guards handcuffed her wrists to a pipe on the ceiling and she could barely touch the ground with her toes. The guards hung her like that for seven hours straight every day for eight days. They also shocked her with electric batons. The director of the detention center hung her up in the air when she condemned the evil torture. Her whole body weight fell on her wrists and she suffered excruciating pain.

Ms. Li Yufen was taken away again in June 2001 and tortured at the Tumuji Forced Labor Camp for two years. She was beaten, locked in solitary confinement, and forced to do slave labor. The three sisters all ended up in the Tumuji Forced Labor Camp. No one was left in the family to take care of their parents. Their parents were so worried about their daughters that they were in extreme mental distress. Both parents died soon after the three sisters were arrested.

In 2003, four officers including Wang Cheng arrested Li Yumei and took her to the police station. They then sent her to the Chifeng Brainwashing Center for four days.

On December 6, 2005, several officers broke into Li Tumei's home. The officers twisted her arms behind her back, covered her mouth, and covered her head with a sweater and a thick cloth. Bare-foot, she was pushed into the police car and taken to the traffic police station. After Ms. Li's arrest, the police went back to her place to perform an illegal search. They took away her bankbook, payroll check, and cash. The same day, the police also arrested Li Yulan, Li Shengjun and two other practitioners.

That day, the police locked the five practitioners including Li Yulan and Li Yumei in a detention center. The practitioners went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal action. Several days later, a doctor named Wang Jila and several medical staff members worked with officers to force-feed the practitioners. Dr. Wang added an unknown drug to the food which caused the practitioners physical discomfort. That same morning, Dr. Wang ordered IVs for the practitioners to "replenish their body fluids." Unknown drugs were added to the injected fluid. Li Yumei immediately felt numbness in her face, tongue, mouth, and head. She felt awful and weak. At 6:00 p.m., the drug took full effect. Li Yumei's legs and arms were extremely uncomfortable and numb, then it spread to her head. The awful feeling spread toward her heart and she had spasms and shook uncontrollably. She lost consciousness. The effect of the drug lasted six hours. Li Yulan also felt numbness on her face, mouth and tongue. She couldn't stop drooling and couldn't talk clearly. Practitioner Li Shengjun was shocked several times. She couldn't stop vomiting and had diarrhea.

During interrogations in the detention center, the guards forced practitioners to put their fingerprints on fabricated statements that said they were guilty. When Li Yulan was forced to put her fingerprint on a document, one of the guards had a knife pointing at her. The guards pushed her down on the ground, several of them stepped on her head, back and legs, and one of them put her fingerprint on the statement.

After 12 days of illegal detention, the practitioners' physical health deteriorated. The guards, not wanting to be responsible for any of the practitioners' deaths, took them to the Balinzuoqi Hospital. Guards grabbed Li Yulan's arm and dragged her up to the third floor. Li Yulan's back and rig cage made bumping sounds every time they hit the steps.

On April 7, 2006, Li Yufen was arrested again. She was locked in the Zuoqi Detention Center with three other practitioners. The next day, Tang Guozhi and several others broke into her house, performed an illegal search and took her computer away. On April 11, Zhang Fengwen and an officer transferred several practitioners to the Huhehaote Forced Labor Camp.

5. Practitioner Ms. Wu Guohui

Practitioner Ms. Wu Guohui was an elementary school teacher from Balinzuoqi. She was constantly sick before beginning Falun Gong practice. Ms. Wu had heart disease, bronchitis, rheumatoid arthritis, cholecystitis, and chronic headaches. She often passed out at school. She tried everything to get well, but all her efforts were in vain. Tortured by the painful diseases, she became an unpleasant person. After she learned about Falun Dafa, her illnesses disappeared in four days and she became an optimistic person. She followed Truthfulness, Compassion, Tolerance in every aspect of her life.

In July 2000, Wang Qige, deputy director of the Balinzuoqi Public Safety Bureau, Tu Busi, captain of the National Security Team, Bai Xiuzhen, and Gao Yanjun, head of the Fushan Township Police Station, arrested and detained Ms. Wu and practitioner Li Shengjun for 11 days. The practitioners were not allowed to do the exercises and were charged 3,000 yuan each before they could be released on bail.

In October 2000, Huang Jingxiang, director of the Balinzuoqi Public Security Bureau, Tu Busi, and Bai Xiuzhen, arrested these practitioners again and interrogated them. Huang claimed that the practitioners were guilty and took away their bail money from the last time. The practitioners were detained for a month. After that, they were taken to a business hotel. Under the supervision of Huang Jingxiang, Tu Busi, and Bai Xiuzhen, Zhai Yajie and several others took turns interrogating the practitioners. Seven days later, the officers charged each of the practitioner 800 yuan for "living expenses" and sent them back to the detention center because they didn't give up Falun Gong. A month later on December 31, 2000, Wu Guohui and Li Yufen were released. During their detention period, Ms. Wu's family was extorted for 12,000 yuan; 3,000 yuan went to Wang Qige and 1,000 went to Tu Busi.

On March 9, 2003, while Wu Guohui was at work, Na Shun, captain of the Zuoqi National Security, took Ms. Wu away from work and detained her at the Public Security Bureau to interrogate her. At night, Na Shun handcuffed her to a bunk bed frame so her arms were horizontal and she couldn't kneel down. Na Shun rested a chair on Ms. Wu's back so she couldn't stand up and straighten her back. She stayed in that position all night. The next day, she was transferred to the Zuoqi Public Security Bureau, and then the Lindong Town School transferred Ms. Wu to the Chifeng City Brainwashing Center to torture her further. Under Yang Chunyue, head of the City 610 Office, and Chen Xiaodong's instigation, the guards in the brainwashing center tortured Ms. Wu for eight nights and days. They forced her to stand and squat for a long time, pulled her hair, slapped her, stepped on her legs with high-heeled shoes and twisted her heels, verbally abused her, and beat her for hours.

In the past several years, Ms. Wu and her family were constantly detained, and their house was illegally searched, monitor and wiretapped. The Chinese Communist Party ordered Wu Guohui's workplace to monitor, detain, brainwash, and harass her. Ms. Wu was forced to leave home, leaving her 70-year-old mother and 10-year-old daughter with no one to take care of them. Wu Guohui's family, because of the CCP's persecution, have not lived a peaceful day since 1999.

6. Mr. Chen Yanping from Balinzuoqi

Mr. Chen Yanping, 34, started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. His illnesses disappeared soon after he started. In late October 2000, Tu Busi from the Zuoqi National Security Team, along with three other officers broke into Mr. Chen's house and carried out an illegal search. They arrested Chen Yanping and took him to the office of the National Security Team in the Zuoqi Public Security Bureau and interrogated him. They tortured him, handcuffed his hands behind his back and injured his shoulder. The next day, Huang Jingxiang, head of the Public Security Bureau, took the practitioners to the Zuoqi Detention Center and locked them there for two months, from November 1 to December 31, 2000.

In July 2001, agents from the Chifeng City 610 Office and Public Security Bureau came to Zuoqi and had the Zuoqi Public Safety Bureau arrest Mr. Chen and take him to the Aqitianshan Detention Center in Chifeng City. In mid September, they released him. Following Jiang Zemin's policy to eliminate Falun Gong, Ms. Chen's workplace, the Telecommunications Bureau, fired him.

In October 2006, Director Liu from the Zuoqi Xiyu District Office and Qiao (staff member) went to Chen Yanping's home trying to force him to write a statement to renounce Falun Gong and Teacher. They claimed this was the order from the 610 Office and said that Mr. Chen would be sentenced if he refused to cooperate. At the time, Mr. Chen's daughter was only a few months old and his mother was severely ill, hospitalized in the Chifeng Hospital. Completely ignoring Chen Yanping's situation, these people went to his home many times to harass him. Mr. Chen was forced to leave home to avoid the constant harassment. The CCP encouraged Mr. Chen's neighbors to look for him and turn him in. His mother worried about him and after several ordeals, she passed away in January 2007. Chen Yanping couldn't even go home to his mother's funeral.

During the past eight years of persecution, Mr. Chen and his family, like tens of millions of other Falun Gong practitioners, have suffered inhuman persecution and can't live a peaceful life for even a day. After Mr. Chen was fired from work, his family lived on his mother-in-law's retirement income. For the past eight years, the Zuoqi Political and Legal Commission, the National Security Team, the police station, and the residential commission have performed illegal searches of Chen Yanping's house three times and fined him a total of 4,400 yuan.

7. Ms. Zhang Yana from Balinzuoqi was unlawfully sent to a forced labor camp

Ms. Zhang Yana learned Falun Dafa in 1998. She had numerous illnesses before practicing Falun Dafa. Her illnesses disappeared after she began the practice.

In July 2001, the Public Security Bureau and police station arrested Ms. Zhang and took her to the Zuoqi Public Security Bureau. A police officer handcuffed her, and punished her by forcing her to stand for a long time, and wouldn't give her food. At night, Wang Zhicun and another police officer (last name of Wang) interrogated her overnight and beat her. In the end, Zhang Yana was taken to a detention center. In September, Ms. Zhang was sent to the Tumuji Forced Labor Camp and tortured. She was often beaten, handcuffed, forced to stand for a long time, and forced to do slave labor. The CCP persecuted Ms. Zhang's family as well. Her husband lost his job and her child couldn't go to school. Unable to bear such terror and tremendous pressure, her husband divorced her.

In June 2002, a few days after Zhang Yana was released from the forced labor camp and returned home, the Zuoqi Public Security Bureau and the 610 Office went to her home to harass her. Nine people tried to force Ms. Zhang to renounce Falun Gong. In December 2002, Zhang Rongshan, member of the Zuoqi Legal and Political Commission and head of the 610 Office, took Ms. Zhang to the Chifeng Brainwashing Center. There she was tortured and deprived of sleep. Yang Chunyue, Chen Xiaodong, and Meng (first name unknown) tortured Ms. Zhang using several means, intending to force her to write a statement slandering Teacher and Dafa, and renouncing Data.