Additional Persecution News from China - December 11, 2007 (24 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 21 cities and counties in 13 provinces. In this report, 13 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 17 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Jiaohe City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zheng Shuqing Arrested
On December 4, 2007, at about 7:00 p.m., four police officers broke into Ms. Zheng Shuqing's home in Yuejin Village, Songjiang Town, Jiaohe City, and arrested her. Ms. Zheng's husband, Mr. Liu Zhijun, rushed back home after hearing about the incident. However, he was ambushed in front of his home. The police also held him, down rendering him unable to move.
The next day, Ms. Zheng's relatives, friends, and family went to the police station and demanded her release ,but the police prevented them from entering. Several officers pulled Mr. Liu Zhijun upstairs and illegally took a deposition. They also handcuffed Ms. Zheng's sister in a room. After quite a while, Ms. Zheng's family members were released. She is detained in the Jiaohe Detention Center and her family is not allowed to visit her.
2. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wei Shaomin Detained
Sixty-six-year-old Ms. Wei Shaomin is a retired employee of the Fushun Excavator Factory. On the morning of November 28, 2007, the police arrested her in Houge, Fushun City. Now she is detained in the Nangou Detention Center in Fushun City.
3. [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Ms. Xiao Liu Was Arrested by Police from the Jinpenling Police Station. She Is Currently Detained in the Quantang Detention Center
Police Emergency Number of the Jinpenling Police Station: 86-731-5214689
4. [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Chen Xiaojuan and Mr. Wu Jinjun Arrested by Tangshan Police Station Officers
On December 7, 2007, Ms. Chen Xiaojuan and Mr. Wu Jinjun were arrested by the Tangshan Police Station officers when they distributed truth-clarification materials. They are being held in the Nanchang City No. 1 Detention Center.
5. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] On July 23, Mr. Shi Yongping Was Arrested at Home and Has Been Detained at the Xili Legal Education Program in Shenzhen City for Five Months
6. [Gaozhou City, Guangdong Province] Supplementary Information about the Arrests of Mr. Li Shuwei and Mr. Wu Xianjin
Mr. Li Shuwei, 36, lives in Poxin Village, Shizilingguan District, Gaozhou City. In September 2005, Lin Xinjia, principal of the Xinshiji School, reported Mr. Li to the local police station. The police arrested Mr. Li, searched his dormitory and took away his Dafa materials and other property. Later, Mr. Li Shuwei was detained in Meilin Forced Labor Camp in Shenzhen City for two years. He was released in late December 2006.
In March 2007, Mr. Li Shuwei and Mr. Wu Xianjin were hired by the Yuhang Vocational School in Gaozhou City. On May 10, 2007, they were arrested and sentenced to two years of forced labor. Now they are in Nanhu Forced Labor Camp in Xuancheng City, Anhui Province.
7. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] The Third Division of the Shibalihe Women's Labor Camp Detains Falun Gong Practitioners Transferred from Beijing
8. [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhan Qiuzhen Arrested
On the night on November 25, 2007, when Ms. Zhan Qiuzhen and three practitioners were reported after driving to Sanhe Town, Longjing City, to clarify the truth. On the way home, police from the Sanhe Town Frontier Defense Police Station stopped them and confiscated their vehicle. Three practitioners walked away. Zhan Qiuzhen is now in the Longjing Detention Center.
Sanhe Town Frontier Defense Police Station: 86-433-3451000
Xu Dunyi, secretary of the Longjing City 610 Office: 86-433-3223757, 86-433-3221356
Longjing Detention Center: 86-433-3286669
9. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Yu Juhui Detained
On the morning of October 21, 20007, Ms. Yu Juhui went out to post truth-clarification materials about Falun Dafa. The police from South District, Qingdao City saw her and arrested her on the spot. Now she is detained in the Dashan Detention Center in Qingdao City. Her family has been refused visitation.
10. [Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Jiang Sujuan Arrested
On December 5, 2007, 66 year-old Ms. Jiang Sujuan was arrested in Quyuanfenghe, a sightseeing spot in Hangzhou City. Now she is illegally detained in the Laodongyue Detention Center in Hangzhou City.
Hangzhou City Detention Center: 86-571-87285400
11. [Linqing City, Shandong Province] On the Afternoon of December 10, Ms. Zhu Lanmei, about 50 years-old, Was Arrested at Home by Linqing Police.
12. [Liaoyuan City, Liaoning Province] On the Afternoon of December 10, 2007, Ms. Hui Yuqing from Weijin Town, Dongliao County, Was Arrested at Work.
13. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Mr. Huang Yade Held in a Detention Center.
14. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Chunhua Arrested
Ms. Wang Chunhua, in her 60s, is a retired employee of the Jinzhou District Environmental Protection Department. On December 6, 2007, leaders from the Jinzhou District Environmental Protection Department, accompanied by Yongzheng Police Station officers, deceived Ms. Wang Chunhua into going to her former work unit, claiming that certain certificates needed to be processed, and she was arrested.
15. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Recent Information about Mr. Li Zhiyong
On October 26, 2007, Mr. Li Zhiyong was arrested when he went to the Baiju Road Police Station in Changchun City to apply for his identification card.
In jail, Mr. Li was tortured so severely that he developed uremia. Acceding to his his family's strong demands, on December 6, Li Zhiyong's parents saw their son, whom they had not seen for over 40 days. It was said that Mr. Li Zhiyong was detained in the Tiebei Detention Center after being arrested, and he was sent to Jilin Prison four days later. While he was in a cell, he suffered from severe back pain. Fourteen days later, he was transferred to the third division.
16. [Siping City, Jilin Province] The Persecution of Mr. Qiang Yongsheng has Intensified
Mr. Qiang Yongsheng has been held in the Yitong County Detention Center in Jilin Province for over five months. Recently, the Jilin Provincial 610 Office made known its intent to intensify the pressure on him.
17. [Qingyang City, Gansu Province] Ms. Wang Yuxia's Family Harassed and Persecuted
Ms. Wang Yuxia, lives in Fengzhuang Team, Rulin Village, Yima Town, Qingyang City. At around 10:00 a.m. on December 7, 2007, a policeman from the Yima Police Station and two officers from the National Security Office in Qingyang City went to Ms. Wang's home and harassed her family. The National Security police tried to force her daughter to sign her name on a questionable note. Her daughter did not sign it.
18. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Qi Lin Arrested
Ms. Qi Lin is a Falun Gong practitioner in Wuchang District, Wuhan City. At noon on December 10, 2007, she went to distribute truth-clarification materials in the employee housing units of the Wuhan Heave Machine Company in Qingyuzui, Zhongbei Road, Wuchang District, Wuhan City. She was reported on and arrested by police. She was first detained in the Dongting Police Station in Wuchang District and then transferred to the Erzhigou Detention Center in Dongxi Lake, Wuhan City.
Qingyuzui Neighboring Committee: 86-27-51878046
Dongting Police Station: 86-27-86783883
He Wu, Community Residency administrator of Qingyuzui: 86-13907150281
19. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Ms. Yin Taken Away
Ms. Yin lives across from the Wutaizha Passenger Station. On December 10, 2007, she was taken away by Wuhan agents, her home was searched, and her Dafa books were confiscated.
20. [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] On the Morning of December 10, 2007, the Xialu District Court Opened a Session to Try Practitioners Ms. He Guoping, Ms. Xie Xiufang, and Ms. Liu Xiaolian
21. [Heyuan City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Deng Shi'e and Three Other Practitioners Illegally Sentenced.
On August 12, 2007, Heyuan police illegally arrested many Falun Gong practitioners with the excuse of regulating public orders for the Olympics. Among them, Ms. Deng Shi'e and three other practitioners were held in the Heyuan City Detention Center. On November 13, the four were sentenced to from three to seven years of imprisonment. On November 23, another practitioner, who is a driver, was arrested. He is about 30 years old and his name is unknown.
22. [Huaibei City, Anhui Province] Ms. He Hongling Detained
Ms. He Hongling is a teacher in Huaibei City. After she clarified the truth to her students, one student's parents reported her to the police. In September 2007, she was arrested. Now she is being held in the Huibei Second Detention Center.
23. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Liu Yingxu Arrested in December 2007
24. [Beijing] The Test for a Beijing Taxi Driver's Certificate Now Includes an Investigation to Determine if the Applicant Practices Falun Gong. The Applicant Has to Promise Not to Practice Falun Gong Before Being Pronounced Qualified to Take the Test.