(Clearwisdom.net) I am a Falun Gong practitioner from the countryside of Henan Province. I started practicing in the winter of 1996. In the same year, I caught vital myocarditis. I went through numerous treatments, but nothing helped my condition; there was no sign of healing.

While I was hospitalized in the winter, a doctor introduced me to Falun Gong. He said that, Falun Gong is different from other practices. It is a high level practice, and was founded by Mr. Li Hongzhi. It has spread throughout China since 1992 and it's healing effect is powerful and apparent. Many patients whose illnesses could not be healed in the hospital, and some people who had fatal diseases, became healthy after practicing Falun Gong for a short while. Many people in town are practicing Falun Gong. He said to me: "If you truly want to cultivate, your illness will be healed for sure."

Before that, some doctors had told me that my illness was incurable, even though it was not as bad as cancer. I would have to depend on pills for the rest of my life, and I could not do any kind of work. The doctor was right. Back then, I frequently had headaches, and chest pains. In addition, my heart often felt flustered and I sweat a lot. Sometimes I would feel miserable and could not fall asleep for the whole night. Once, I almost committed suicide because of the pains I had to endure. As soon as I heard that there was such a good practice, I wanted to learn it immediately. From then on, I started to walk on the path of a cultivator. After a year of practicing, I became healthy, and my whole family started to believe in Falun Gong as well. My wife also became a practitioner. My family had changed into a happy and harmonious one.

Good things do not last forever. On July 20, 1999, the evil persecution poured down from everywhere, and we were not exempted. However, I will not talk about the details of that because almost all of the practitioners had gone through the same thing. I am going to share three events on how I broke through the obstacles on the path of Fa-validation.

1. Appealing in Beijing

On December 26, 2000, my wife and I went to Beijing to clarify the facts about the Fa. We shared experiences with a fellow practitioner who traveled with us. That practitioner excitedly said that what we were doing would help us reach consummation. He did not even take enough money with him for a return ticket. I was very surprised to hear that and wondered how someone dared to have such thoughts. In the afternoon on 29 December, he was arrested on Tiananmen Square.

At the same time, a policeman also grabbed my arm. He asked me, "Do you practice Falun Gong?" I confidently replied loudly, "I refuse to answer any questions that are related to politics. This is my basic right." The policeman was shocked and did not know what to say. At that moment, I took my wife and left. We quickly disappeared into the crowd. At that moment, I had only one thought: I came here to clarify the facts about the Fa; to get justice for Falun Gong; and to return Teacher's good reputation. I should not be taken away by the evil forces. Because I had this one righteous thought, Teacher protected us so that we could leave safely.

On December 30 and 31, over a dozen practitioners gathered in a fellow practitioner's home to make banners. We made several dozen banners, and the practitioner from Beijing made hundreds of stickers with Dafa messages to post. In the evening of December 31, we formed three groups and went to three major streets in Beijing. Wed posted several dozen banners and hundreds of stickers. We all returned safely.

2. Working together to rescue fellow practitioners

In September, 2004, I went to my former workplace to distribute Falun Gong materials. The police discovered my identity and they called the 610 Office in the local police department. It so happened that I was not at home that day. About six to seven of them came to my home, ransacked my home and found Falun Gong books, leaflets, and CDs. In the end, they arrested my wife.

When I returned home, my neighbor told me about the incident. I immediately contacted other practitioners to make a rescue plan. One practitioner said that the policemen actually came to arrest me, therefore, I should hide. Some said that since they found Falun Gong materials, they could use them as "evidence" and that I should avoid them. The best I could do was to send forth righteous thoughts at home. However, some other practitioners said that the fact that the policemen did not arrest me had proven that I did not have such a tribulation. I should use this good opportunity to clarify the facts to the policemen when I went to ask for the release of my wife. In this way, I was offering salvation to them. After discussing with fellow practitioners, we reached a consensus: I should go to get my wife out, and the other practitioners would send forth righteous thoughts in the meantime.

I went to the local police department. There were four people in the office. One of them said, "We went to arrest you this afternoon but you weren't home. Hence we got your wife. Now that you're here, don't even think of going home." I said, "I'm here because I'm not afraid of anything." I constantly told them the facts about Falun Gong. Seeing that I was not scared, they were out of their wits. One of them said, "We are not responsible for this matter. The town government and the political and judiciary committee are responsible for all the arrests from this afternoon. We just collaborated with them. Go to the political and judiciary committee to get her out. However, when I got there in the evening, there was no one available. I had to go home and come back again the next day.

The next day, I went directly to the director of the political and judiciary committee. He asked me why I was there. I replied that I was there to take my wife home. He told me that people of the county 610 Office had already taken her away and that they were no longer responsible for her. I told him said that it was easy for him to say it, that he had arrested her at my home. We had not broken any laws. It is not against the law to practice Falun Gong. If he did not release her, I would live in his house. At that moment, I had only one thought: we are practicing the great law of the universe. The path we walk is the most righteous. No evil can prevail over the righteous. They should release her without any condition. Seeing that I was very firm and stern, he changed his tone and explained that this was a difficult matter. He had to discuss this matter with the people of the county 610 Office. He would do his best no matter what the result would turn out to be. He told me to go home and wait for his call. At around 6:00 p.m that day, he called and told me that they would release my wife immediately. He told me that I can go and bring her home. My wife was thus released within 30 hours. This event once again proved that Falun Gong is extraordinary, and that practitioners' collective righteous thoughts and deeds are powerful.

3. Breaking out of a detention center with righteous thoughts

In 2006, under the long-term persecution, I developed an attachment to the end of the Fa-rectification, and had hence slacked off in my determination. I had lessened the times when I went out to clarify the facts to people, and distribute the materials. I had developed an attachment to comfort. Because of that, the evil forces took the advantage of it. When the other practitioners were arrested while distributing materials, I was also affected. I started to have fear and was hiding in a fellow practitioner's residence. Nevertheless, I was still arrested. It was just like what Teacher said, "You have fear, It catches you." (What to be afraid of, Hong Yin II)

In the detention center, times and again, I searched for the reasons why I was arrested. After I found my own attachments, I started to chant teacher's lectures and Hong Yin II, especially the two poems, What To Be Afraid Of, and Do Not Be Sad. It seemed that these two poems were written right in front of my eyes. I recited these lines every day before sending forth righteous thoughts. As a result, all my attachments of fear disappeared.

I was afraid of nothing, hence the prison guards were out of their wits. I clarified the facts to the prisoners every day. Among two dozen of them, about two thirds understood the truth about Falun Gong, and some even quit the CCP, Youth League and Young Pioneers. One month later, I was transferred from the provincial seat to the local area because people of the local 610 Office wanted to investigate how I distributed Falun Gong materials. After that, I was once again detained in the brainwashing center, but every one of the personnel all left for home. Only one old man watched the gate, but it was unlocked. I understood that Teacher had arranged this opportunity for me to leave. Seeing that the old man went inside the kitchen, I opened the gate and left. Now, I have returned to the Fa-rectification path. This event helped me to truly understand the saying by Teacher,

"When disciples have ample righteous thoughts

Master has the power to turn back the tide" (The Master-Disciple Bond, Hong Yin II)

Please point out any inappropriate understandings.