(Clearwisdom.net) Since 2001, the 610 Office in Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province has run over a dozen forced brainwashing classes. Local Falun Gong practitioners who were subjected to forced brainwashing have been subjected to all kinds of despicable torture methods, including having their terms extended, threats, sleep deprivation, forced standing for long hours, being cursed at, etc. Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Gu Xuejuan died as a result of the torture.

Ms. Gu Xuejuan, born in 1954, lived in Room 401, No. 98, in Sunjiang New Village, Wuxi City. She was previously a Falun Gong volunteer assistant for the western part of Wuxi. She suffered severe heart disease before she practiced Falun Gong, but the illness disappeared after she started practicing. She was highly respected by people in her area. When the Chinese Communist Party started to openly persecute Falun Gong in July 1999, she persisted in practicing Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She even asked to withdraw from the Chinese Communist Party, and clarified the truth about Falun Gong to her work colleagues. As a result, she was demoted, and her salary was reduced. After 2001, she was imprisoned in a local forced brainwashing center twice. The torture she was subjected to caused hematochezia (bloody stools). The Wuxi City 610 Office forbade her from revealing her health condition to anyone, and prevented her from obtaining any medical treatment. They even concealed her health problems from her family. As a result, the problem went untreated and therefore worsened. Her face and body became so swollen that they were deformed. She died during the Moon Festival in 2002, just after she was released. The Chinese Communist Party, after killing Ms. Gu, even forbade her family from having a memorial service or funeral. Nevertheless, her family held a memorial service, which ten Falun Gong practitioners attended.

Mr. Gu Rongfa, Ms. Gu Xuejuan's father, is in his 70's. He previously suffered from severe diabetes. Falun Gong cured his diabetes. Mrs. Gu Rongfa was also a Falun Gong practitioner. She was imprisoned in the local forced brainwashing center in 2001. After her daughter started suffering from the persecution, Mrs. Gu became bed-ridden. Yet the Wuxi City 610 Office repeatedly harassed the Gu family at their home. As a result of the persecution, Mrs. Gu passed away in August 2001.

Ms. Hua Qinfen, born in 1947, lived in Room 301, No. 29, Xinjiangnan Garden, Wuxi City. She was a Falun Gong Volunteer Assistant at the group practice site in Qingyang New Village. When the Chinese Communist Party started openly persecuting Falun Gong in July 1999, she persisted in practicing Falun Gong and the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She started clarifying the truth to people far and wide. In 2001, she was imprisoned in the Air Force Guesthouse in Caozhang New Village before she was transferred to the No. 2 Detention Center, where she was tortured for over forty days. She regretted what she had said (against Dafa) under pressure from torture. She died on May 16, 2001, a month after she was released.

Mr. Jiang Jinlong died in his 50's as a result of torture. Mr. Jiang was previously the head assistant of the Wuxi City Falun Gong Assistance Center. He lived on Huishanzhi Street, Wuxi City. He is one of the first practitioners to suffer from the persecution. Starting from the very beginning, Mr. Jiang was subjected to illegal detention, brutal beatings and threats, which caused his face to become deformed. After he was released, the Wuxi City 610 Office continued to harass him. He was under a lot of psychological pressure, which caused him to become mentally disoriented. He went missing in July 2000. In September, his body was found in Huishan Xihui Park, Wuxi City.