Let Go of Your Human Heart When Rescuing Practitioners
(Clearwisdom.net) One day as spring gave way to summer, six local practitioners were studying the Fa together. A group of policemen climbed over a wall and broke into the house where they studied. The police ransacked the house and arrested all six practitioners. Why did such a serious incident happen and why were six practitioners arrested at the same time? This showed that our group, as a whole, had omissions.
Even if we have omissions, we should not let the evil forces persecute us, nor should we acknowledge the arrangements of the old forces. A Fa-rectification situation had emerged in our area that involved saving the arrested practitioners and safeguarding the Fa.
1. Investigate the situation and expose it on the Internet to gain the support and concern of practitioners all around the world. During that period of time we often heard it said at the detention center police Bureau "Falun Gong is really incredible! The callers from overseas knew exactly when and where the practitioners were arrested."
2. All the practitioners took turns sending forth righteous thoughts every hour, around the clock.
3. Prepare, hand out, or post the letters offering a word of kind advice or truth-clarification materials explaining the celestial principle of doing good deeds is met with good rewards, and being evil is met with evil returns.
4. Contact the arrested practitioner families as soon as possible, and help them to go to the police bureau and press for release of the practitioners.
5. At that time, the crimes of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners at the covert Sujiatun Concentration Camp in Shenyang City had just been exposed. Confronting the frenzied persecution of the evil forces we did not have any fear at all. We connected the anti-persecution activities and the battle of rescuing fellow practitioners with the whole situation. We strengthened our efforts to stop the persecution, handed out the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party, and produced, handed out, and posted large quantities of truth-clarification materials that exposed the crimes at the Sujiatun Concentration Camp.
During the whole process we personally experienced the old forces watching us menacingly. The old forces used the human attachments that the practitioners still needed to let go of to create rifts between practitioners. The old forces used some of the practitioners so they acted like everyday people, saying things that were not true and confusing right and wrong. The old forces were attempting to drag us back to the level of everyday people, leading us to fight amongst ourselves, and interfering with our anti-persecution and rescuing practitioners work. We repeatedly studied Teacher's Fa and kept what Teacher said firmly in mind,
"The Fa can break all attachments, the Fa can destroy all evil, the Fa can shatter all lies and the Fa can strengthen righteous thoughts." ("Drive Out Interference" from "Essentials for Further Advancement II")
We had no complaints, no hatred, and no jealousy. We kept our hearts unmoved, and rectified ourselves in the Fa at all times. Dafa practitioners were quietly doing what they should do.
Under the compassionate care of Teacher and with the concerted efforts of the practitioners, all six arrested practitioners were released unconditionally within 29 days. At the time, we keenly felt Dafa's sacredness and dignity.
When we thought about the arrests, tried to find the cause and identify our omissions as one body, we found quite a lot of things, which we summarized into the following two categories.
1) Phenomena of Deviating from the Fa When Producing the Truth-Clarification Materials and Handling Funds
Two practitioners who were responsible for processing the truth-clarification materials developed everyday people's sentiment between a man and a woman. The coordinator talked to them several times about it and pointed out the seriousness of the problem. During that time, policemen twice went to the home of one of the practitioners. This practitioner realized that the police were targeting that specific factor. After nearly a year the problem was still unresolved. During the process, the coordinator failed to be totally on the Fa. Sometimes the coordinator still used human language and a human way of doing things, so the result was not very good.
For the sake of Dafa and the safety of the truth-clarification materials production site, the coordinator, after consultation with other practitioners, transferred one of the practitioners to another site. The result was that materials production at the site stopped altogether.
These two practitioners, and a dozen other practitioners, set up another large materials production site. They spent tens of thousands of yuan to purchase a whole set of equipment (they were able to directly contact the practitioners who provided the funds). Some practitioners (not knowing the facts) denied that the couple had feelings for each other. If they had, something would go wrong within three months. As a matter of fact in less than a month after this was said and in less than three months after the materials site was set up, things went wrong. Six practitioners were arrested.
Some practitioners selected materials that were not appropriate. They printed and handed out large quantities of articles that had not been published on the Minghui web site (Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net). Some practitioners did not think about how many of the truth-clarification materials were needed but instead produced too many. They used the funds mentioned above, which had been provided by practitioners. Every practitioner must cherish and use such funds properly.
2) The Tendency to Admire Another Practitioner
Some practitioners thought practitioner A's enlightenment quality was very high, that whatever he said was right, and so it wouldn't be wrong to just follow what he was doing. Whenever the practitioner entered the room all the other practitioners would stop studying the Fa or sharing their experiences, and listen to whatever this practitioner had to say. Apparently they put the person above the Fa. In a way, such adoration fed into practitioner A's attachment. He validated himself instead of the Fa and played a guiding role among practitioners. He often told practitioners that they should walk on the path of their own because they would not go to the coordinators' paradise when reaching Consummation. Some practitioners organized experience sharing conferences according to what Mr. A had said. As a result in less than a month they held four to five experience sharing conferences. Each time, about 20 to 40 practitioners attended. They also stressed that coordinators were not allowed to attend.
In facing these problems, the coordinators and the practitioners alike should look at themselves in-depth and ask themselves if they have acted like practitioners. When seeing very strong attachments in fellow practitioners should they not point them out patiently, compassionately, and as soon as possible? This is a very serious lesson.
Our intention in presenting these facts is not to blame anyone but to provide a lesson from mistakes of others, and thereby encourage one another.