Two practitioners died as a result of persecution

Mr. Wang Ziguang, 58 years old, was a teacher from the No.26 High School. He went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong and was arrested and taken back home. Then he was sentenced to forced labor. He was persecuted so severely that he appeared very ill in the forced labor camp. He passed away soon after he was set free.

Ms. Guo Shufen was over 50 years old. She went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested. She was afflicted by heart disease after she was taken back. The authorities still sent her to a detention center where she was tortured to death in less than 30 minutes.

Thirty five practitioners were sent to forced labor camps

Falun Dafa practitioners who were illegally sentenced to forced labor are: Wang Ziguang, Guo Shufen, Liu Jun, Yu Guiling, Yang Wenjun, Liu Xiuli, Yao Ruixian, Dang Minling, Su Changlin, Zhou Chunying, Liu Hongmei, Yu Yemin, Li Wenyou, Fang Lichun, Jiang Ronglian, Qi Fengqin, Wang Xiuling Li Minghua, Wang Liang, Song Baicheng, Wang Fengping, Liu Shuang and his wife, Liu Sen Couple, Wang Zhongguo, Mr. Zhao and his wife, Mr. Wang Baocun’s wife, Xu Guizhen, Liang Shufan, Xue Ping, Cao Shufang, Liu Guiqin, and Zhang Ying.

People responsible for the persecution are: Xin Dechen, Tao Weiguo, the police station head Zhuang, Xu Zhenfeng, Ma Chunde, the township head Liu, Chang Yue, Li Jianping, and Cao Jianguo from the Fengman District Police Department.

Many practitioners are in the brainwashing centers and detention centers. The details are still under investigation.

Persecution cases

1. The persecution of practitioner Yu Guiling

I will briefly depict the persecution I suffered. After July 20, 1999, officials from Erdao Township, the Erdao Township Police Station, and Suxiang Village frequently came to my home and harassed us. They prohibited me from practicing Falun Gong, ordered me to sign a guarantee statement, confiscated my Dafa books and all other Dafa-related materials including radio-recorders, and 4,000 yuan, which they claimed to be "the pledge" and didn’t return it to me.

I was locked up in a forced labor camp for one year and two months. I was taken back from Beijing on December 30, 1999, and was released in March 2001. After that, they still frequently harassed me. I was forced to wander about for over seven months. My husband was released at the end of 2001. We were still frequently harassed. Whenever it was a "Sensitive Day" (April 25, July 20, October 1, New Year’s Day, or Chinese Lunar New Year’s Day), they would ransack my home.

Xu Zhenfeng, Xin Dechen, Wang Zhongyu and others, led by Li Jianping from the Erdao Township Police Station, came to my home at about 7 p.m. on July 19, 2004, to ransack our home. We didn’t let them enter our yard. Li Jianping then called Cao Jianguo, head of the Fengman District Police Department. Cao led a group of officers who broke the gate and entered our house. They broke the doors and locks and beat us and smashed and looted our property. They confiscated our Dafa books, Dafa truth-clarifying materials, and all sized (large, medium, and small) tape recorders. They took our new motorcycle, which cost over 4,000 yuan. Many people witnessed this event. Later they said, "These police officers acted just like bandits. You can accuse them." We reported them to the City People’s Congress and then to the District People’s Congress. Our problems were not solved. Instead, Cao even ordered the police from the Erdao Township Police Station to arrest us, threatening to send all our family members to prison. A neighbor told us of their intention. All the family members were forced to move from place to place except one old man that was sick. The police officers went seven times in three days after we left our home to arrest us. They also forced the elderly man to go find us. The police officers entered our rooms and ransacked everything. The curtain was damaged and thermos bottles were smashed.

2. The persecution of practitioner Dang Minling

Leaders from Erdao Townships, the head, and police officers from the police station broke into our house. Once they entered, they took away my copy of Zhuan Falun, an exercise tape, and other materials. I said, "I’m trying to be a good person, you shouldn’t treat me like this." They then rushed at me like wolves and asked me if I would still practice. I answered that I would practice. They then beat me and dragged me into the police car. They didn’t even allow me to put on my shoes. Xu Zhenfeng bound me onto the Tiger Bench in the police station and asked me if I would still practice. I answered yes. He then beat me. He also said, "You are even worse than thieves. A thief can have some money. What do you possess?" A police officer handcuffed another practitioner and me to the heating pipes at night. They didn't allow either of us to have food or to wear sweaters. They then sent us to the Fengman Police Department on April 5. In the afternoon, they brought with them some truth materials and claimed that they found these materials at my home. Agents from the District 610 Office and Township Head Ma arrested me on the road and sent me to the brainwashing center in August 2001.

3. Some facts about the persecution of a practitioner by the Erdao Township Police Station

I’m a villager from Erdao Township, Jilin City. I gratefully obtained the Fa at the end of 1994. My family witnessed a great change after I started to practice Falun Gong, and many of my relatives and friends also took the path of cultivation in Dafa.

Jiang launched the persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, and the evil persons from the Erdao Township Police Station and the township government monitored us. One day, policeman Wang, leading several other police officers, ransacked a number of practitioners’ homes according to a list of names. They took away an exercise tape from my home. Since I was not at home at that time, Wang told my family to have me go to the police station the next day. I voluntarily went to the police station. However they didn’t let me go home and wanted to detain me for ten days. They asked me how much money I had brought with me and asked if I had money or rice at my home. I said that I only had 50 yuan for vegetable oil. The head said that they then would detain me for five days.

In early winter the next year, several fellow practitioners and I went to Beijing to appeal. When we were booking the tickets at the Panshi Station, the train station police officers arrested us. They asked us where we were from. We didn’t tell them our true addresses and said that we were from a place in Kouqian. Two policemen from the Kouqian Police Station came and took us to the Kouqian Detention Center at midnight. They put us into a room that had the toilet and the tub in it. There was a big Kang (a heatable brick bed) in the room. They only heat the Kang one time a day. Many practitioners had already been locked up in the room for a long time. It was said that if only we claimed that we "wouldn’t practice" would they send us back home. Otherwise, we would be confined there indefinitely. When the officers interrogated me several days later, I told them my true address. Wang from Huanxi Township and officer Sun sent us back to the Erdao Township police station, where they detained us for 15 days.

One time when the CCP was in session at the National People’s Congress, Wang and Officer Sun came to my home and tried to force me to sign the "guarantee statement." I refused and they intended to arrest me. I firmly protested and argued with them. They finally relented.

Later, the police officers came to my home and harassed me many times. One time, they extorted money from me and said that it was the "money pledge" and would return it to me after a period of time.

Since the persecution started, my family and I have greatly suffered, both mentally and physically.

(Translated on July 3, 2006 from http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2006/6/30/131817.html)