(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Liu Baoyuan was thirty-three years old. He was from Beizhang Village, Gaoli Town, Dingxing County, Baoding City, Hebei Province. During the end of August and early September in 1999, he was detained at the Gaoli Town Police Station. He was brutally beaten every day during the interrogation, leaving wounds all over his body. After July 20, 1999, he was in charge of some coordination work for Dafa. In 2000, he was detained for validating Dafa. Later he managed to walk out of detention with righteous thoughts. After that he was forced to leave home to avoid recapture and further persecution. He had been in charge of the coordination work. In September of 2002, when trying to escape from the police, he accidentally fell from the third floor and died.

All of the villagers know that Mr. Liu was an honest and kind person. During the past several years, the police arrested and tortured him, and extorted money from him just because he practiced Falun Gong. His wife also persisted in practicing and was sentenced to a labor camp. They left behind a teenage son and his father. Mr. Liu's son and father are now living with his brother.

Since the start of the persecution on July 20, 1999, the Gaoli Town government and local police have repeatedly arrested local Falun Gong practitioners and held brainwashing sessions several times a year. The secretary of the town Party committee, Liu Wenxin, policemen Lin Zhiqiang and Li Deliang from the police station, and others detained practitioners at the court of the town government building or at the police station. They brainwashed and ruthlessly beat them. If the practitioners fainted, they waited until they woke up and then continued to beat them. The usual method they used was that a dozen people surrounded one practitioner and they all took turns beating him. They stripped off the clothing of the male practitioners and forced their hands above their heads or handcuffed their hands behind their backs to electric poles. They then whipped the practitioners' faces with wet towels or beat them with sticks. If the sticks broke, they then changed to a two-inch-wide thick white plastic tubing or an electric baton. They used wine bottles to strike their ankles. They forced female practitioners to kneel down and took turns beating them until they were so tired from beating that they could not raise their arms. When practitioners were beaten so badly that they could not move, they said that the practitioners were faking.

June 26, 2005