Karmic Retribution for Persecuting Dafa in the Performing Arts in China
(Clearwisdom.net) Recently, I heard from a friend working in the performing arts in China about several examples of karmic retribution.
- After the Communist Party started to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, in order to advance his career, Liang Zhou, the older brother of actor Liang Tian, wrote and directed several soap operas that maliciously defamed Falun Gong. One of the soap operas was even broadcast on Channel 8 of CCTV (an international channel) and China Beijing TV station. In addition, his junk operas, such as "Idler, Old Sister Ma," vigorously praised the strict social control and omnipresent brainwashing of the Communist Party. On May 19, 2001, Liang suddenly died at home from a heart attack at age 44.
- Actor Niu Zhenhua constantly spread stories attacking and defaming Falun Gong. He attended brainwashing sessions against Falun Gong practitioners and joined "salute" performances for the policemen persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. On May 11, 2004, Niu was driving his car under the influence of alcohol and ran into the back of a truck. He died immediately. The scene was terrible to witness; his Mercedes Benz had become a piece of scrap metal. Afterwards, the courts found Niu fully responsible for the accident and his family had to pay compensation to the other party.
- After July 20, 1999, hoping to become famous and rich, actor Chen Peisi attacked Falun Gong in various situations. He said words that were disrespectful of the founder of Falun Gong to a co-worker who practiced Falun Gong. This practitioner said solemnly, "You do not know the basic criterion to be a good person. Insulting my teacher in front of me is equivalent to insulting me!" After that, the career of Chen Peisi declined. His relationships with other people worsened day by day. None of his colleagues wanted to talk to him any more.
- In 1998, while Falun Gong was very popular and spreading quickly in China, with the intention of advancing his career, movie star Li Xuejian acted in a leading role for a TV series, "Choice," which seriously slandered Falun Gong and its founder. The same year, the Propaganda Department of the Chinese Communist Party manipulated the TV series as a political tool, and requested all local TV stations to run the program. They thus helped pave the way for the future persecution of Falun Gong. In the TV series, the head of a criminal bribery group, a provincial assistant deputy, was said to be a Falun Gong practitioner. Some episodes even framed Falun Gong with criminal and violent acts. After the series was broadcast in Beijing and Changchun, local Falun Gong practitioners and righteous people intensely protested the show. In January 1999, after the TV series was broadcast by the cable TV station of Shenyang, more than 10,000 Falun Gong practitioners went to the TV station to peacefully protest. Because of the protests, the TV series was taken off the air. Actor Li Xuejian left the performing arts for two years and suffered from leukemia for several years. When he was interviewed by a reporter at the end of 2002, he had lost so much weight that people could not recognize him. He still cannot speak clearly. In a recent TV series, "Take the Wrong Train," Li played a speech-impaired person.
- It has been reported that the author of the song, "Please Come to the End of the Earth," Xu Dongwei, who used to attack Falun Gong, has died. From a report on Clearwisdom.net, a leader of the Association of Musicians in Guangdong Province asked the police to arrest female Dafa practitioner Zhang Liang. Within two weeks, when Xu went to his hometown of Heyuan during the May 1st holiday, he died in a car accident, in which his car was also destroyed.
The people in the performing arts should awake now! While Falun Dafa spreads around the world, those who can distinguish good from bad and not side with the evil will position themselves well in terms of their future salvation.
Editor's Note: These incidents should not have occurred, but the shameless, state-sanctioned defamation of Falun Gong has caused those who do not have the ability to discern the truth to hate Dafa. The lies have caused such people to consciously persecute Falun Dafa for their own personal gain and to protect their own benefits. The authorities incite those people with greed for power and money to persecute Dafa practitioners, with enticements of pay raises or promotion. However, heavenly principles are just. The truth that good is rewarded with good and evil behavior is met with bad consequences is absolute and cannot be bypassed. Hopefully people will abstain from evil deeds that aim at damaging Dafa, and act with conscience.
June 22, 2005
Category: Karma & Virtue