Facts of the Persecution

1. Police officer, "It's illegal to be a good person"

On January 3, 2005 (Chinese lunar calendar), Falun Gong practitioner Zhang Jinxiang, a resident from Fanzhuang Village, Yanshan County, Hebei Province was arrested by police officers from the Mengcun County Police Department for telling people that "Truth, Compassion, Forbearance" is good. He was illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor. His family asked the police officer, "Why is it so hard to be a good person under the CCP (Chinese Communist Party)?" The officer answered in a firm voice, "It's illegal to be a good person!"


2. Persecution of women Falun Gong practitioners at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp

In October 2004, the Longshan Forced Labor Camp dissolved and all detainees were sent to the Women's No. 2 Section of the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. The perpetrators at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, led by Su Jing, along with the police from the local security department, tortured the practitioners around the clock. They grabbed the practitioners by their arms and legs and isolated them in solitary confinement before they started torturing them. The perpetrators turned up the loudspeaker to drown out the practitioners' screams of pain during torture. Practitioner Yin Deqin from Jinzhou City could not take care of herself due to injuries she sustained from torture. Most practitioners who held a hunger strike were force-fed by doctor Cao, a woman, who thrust a hard plastic tube into the practitioners' nostrils, down into the stomach, causing bleeding. The practitioners held in solitary confinement are deprived of all personal freedom. Guard Huang of Team 3, Division 1 is quite vicious. Before January 2005, many practitioners held a hunger strike and shouted, "Falun Dafa is great," which powerfully suppressed the evil.


3. I witnessed the persecution of Dafa practitioners at the Masanjia Women's Prison

The guards at Masanjia Women's Prison order inmates to torture Dafa practitioners. They don't allow the practitioners to eat, sleep or use the toilet; practitioners have to work even when they are exhausted, and the guards verbally and physically abuse them. Practitioner Li Liming from Sujiatun, Shenyang City was sentenced to five years in prison. She was not allowed to sleep for more than 40 days, starting in December 2001. Li Liming was beaten and kicked and forced to work, and many times she was not allowed to eat. Her face and lower body were often swollen from the beatings and she became emaciated. Practitioner Zhang Wuji from Dandong was beaten daily by inmates and her face turned black and blue. Practitioner He Tao from Tieling was beaten on a daily basis in early 2002. Her legs were swollen and she was not allowed to go to the toilet. Practitioner Liu Man from Liaoyang City was 28 years old. She was also beaten and kicked and was not allowed any toilet breaks. Practitioner Ren Guifen from Benxi was sentenced to 12 years in prison. She was forced to stand for a long time, not allowed to sleep and was forced to work the entire day though in a weakened condition. The inmates beat and insulted her at will. Practitioner Hu Yanbo was sentenced to four years in prison. She was forced to stand for extended periods of time while being beaten and verbally abused. Another practitioner, around 30 years of age, was forced to squat, handcuffed, on a daily basis; her face is deformed from torture.


4. Police officer Hu Qiwen in Pingquan County, Hebei Province frequently breaks into Dafa practitioners' homes and abducts practitioners

On January 5, 2005, Hu Qiwen and other perpetrators from the Pingquan County Police Department, the National Security Bureau in Hebei Province, broke into the home of practitioner Yang Shuqin and ransacked it. They abducted Yang Shuqin and her husband and took them to the Pingquan County Detention Center. Yang Shuqin has been holding a hunger strike for a long time. On February 17, 2005, Hu Qiwen broke into the home of practitioner Wu Guiping in Wazidian and abducted practitioners Liu Yulan and Wang Shuwen, who were visiting at the time. He took them to the Pingquan County Detention Center and beat him, causing injuries to Liu Yulan's lower back and other parts of her body. On the same day, Liu Qiwen ransacked practitioner An Wenxiu's home and sent her to the Pingquan County Detention Center. On March 3, Hu Qiwen sent Yang Shuqin to the Gaoyang Labor Camp, ignoring the state of Yang Shuqin's dangerously poor health. In fact, she was on the brink of death.