Mrs. Cui Shuzhi, age 63, was a Falun Dafa practitioner in Zhaozhou County, Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province. Along with other practitioners, Mrs. Cui peacefully and legally appealed for Falun Dafa in Beijing several times. The local police abducted her to a brainwashing class and illegally detained her and extorted a lot of money from her. Her daughter was illegally detained in a labor camp for three years, and her son was sent to a brainwashing class. At that time, lawless officials frequently went to her home to harass her. On March 1, 2005, Mrs. Cui passed away. Her husband Lou Lixun was forced to renounce his belief in Falun Dafa under the extreme pressure of persecution. On January 7, 2002, he died from illness.

Both Mrs. Cui and her husband Mr. Lou started to practice Falun Gong in July 1996. Before practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Cui had many illnesses, including a uterine tumor, periarthritis of shoulder, tuberculosis, heart disease, nephropathy, severe tracheitis, and aching heels. After she practiced Falun Gong, she recovered from all her diseases effortlessly. His husband was a retiree of Zhaozhou County Post Office. Before practicing Falun Gong, he suffered from hemiplegia, disease of the heart and pericranium blood vessels, high blood pressure, hyperlipidemia, and the flu. After practicing Falun Gong, he also recovered from all his diseases. Their neighbors, relatives and good friends all knew very well that the couple had benefited from practicing Falun Gong.

After the persecution against Falun Dafa began, Yu Jingxin, a policeman from the Jianshe Police Station, along with other corrupt officials, frequently went to Mrs. Cui's home to harass her. The Sub-district Officers often went to their home and forced them to relinquish their Falun Dafa books. They also threatened them with various means to force them to give up their cultivation in Falun Dafa.

Because she persisted in cultivation, Mrs. Cui was abducted to a brainwashing class in June 2000. At that time, her second daughter was illegally detained because she had peacefully appealed for Falun Dafa. Under the extreme and cruel pressure of persecution, her husband was forced to give up his cultivation in Falun Gong. His old diseases relapsed and he had to rely on other family members to care for him.

At the end of December 2000, Mrs. Cui appealed for Falun Dafa in Beijing. She was arrested on Tiananmen Square and sent to an unknown jail, where guards forcefully body searched her. Several days later, she was sent to her hometown in Zhaozhou County, and detained for six months. She sustained brutal persecution of both mind and body. Wang Xuejun, a corrupt policeman of the Political and Security Department of Zhaozhou County Police Station forced her to reveal her contacts by dragging her by the hair and slamming her head against the wall.

On January 7, 2002, her husband Lou Lixun passed away as a result of the diseases that returned during his persecution. At the time, her second daughter was illegally sentenced to forced labor, and she was detained at the Harbin Rehabilitation Center for Drug Addiction. Her family members made every effort to urge the police to release her so she could visit her father one last time before his death. The detention center refused their request because she refused to give up her belief in Falun Dafa, and thus she was unable to see her father again before his death.

Mrs. Cui had been tortured and forced to write a statement denouncing Falun Dafa and Teacher. Because of this she felt unspeakable remorse. Later, she publicized a solemn declaration stating that her words and deeds under forced brainwashing were null and void. From that moment on, the officials frequently harassed her at home. With this constant pressure, on top of the agony of her husband's death, her physical and mental endurance was spent, and she passed away on March 1, 2005.