Facts of Wuchang City Officials' Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Heilongjiang Province (Photo)
(Clearwisdom.net) While in office, Xiao Jianchun, the Secretary of the Wuchang City Party Committee, Chen Shusen, the Deputy Director of the City Police Bureau and Zhu Xianfu, Head of the City's "610 Office" (1) were directly involved in the persecution of Falun Gong. They are known to have given the directives, instigated various activities and made detailed arrangements in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, the people who follow the principles "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance." As a result two Falun Gong practitioners were tortured to death and many others have been sentenced to either prolonged prison terms or forced labor. Details are as follows:
1. Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhang Yanchao went to Beijing around November 2000 and was forcefully returned by the Lalin Police Sub-bureau, Lalin Political and Legal Commission and policeman Cui Er. At that time Cui Er said to Mr. Zhang's mother-in-law, "Your son-in-law is an 'anti-revolutionary'. We went to Beijing to take him back so your family must pay for all the cost." Mr. Zhang's mother-in-law gave Cui Er 200 yuan (2) though she was not well off financially. After Mr. Zhang Yanchao was taken back, he was detained at the Wuchang City's No. 2 Detention Center. Mr. Zhang's father-in-law sold a cow in order to gather the funds needed to get their son, Mr. Zhang, released from the detention center. It cost him one thousand yuan to pay off the right influential connection before Mr. Zhang was released.
Jia Jiwei, Head of the Hongqi Township Police Station in Wuchang City and his men arrested Mr. Zhang Yanchao on April 8, 2002. Jia searched Mr. Zhang Yanchao's pockets and confiscated 3,000 yuan that Mr. Zhang had received from the sale of his three-wheeled agricultural vehicle. Jia Jiwei and other policemen took Mr. Zhang to the police station and beat him cruelly. Besides punches and kicks, the depraved policemen whipped Mr. Zhang with a special white plastic pipe, which is a very cruel torture instrument. It can cause bleeding in the victims' eyes, ears, nostrils and mouth, but there will be no external signs of beating. Mr. Zhang Yanchao was sent to Wuchang City Police Bureau after the beating and was then held at the No. 2 Detention Center. Police guard Liu XX of the detention center often beat practitioners and criminals. On seeing Mr. Zhang's horrible condition, even Liu was shocked. He said, "It seems Jia Jiwei is a lot crueler than we are!" After his arrest, Mr. Zhang's wife, also a Dafa practitioner, was arrested by the Lalin Police Sub-bureau and held at the Wuchang City's No. 1 Detention Center. She was then transferred to the notorious Wanjia Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City and sentenced to two years of forced labor.
Mr. Zhang was transferred to the Harbin Detention Center. The police did not notify his family. On May 9, 2002, the Lalin Police Sub-station notified Mr. Zhang's family of his death. Mr. Zhang Yanchao's aunt Liu Yuqin and uncle Zhang Wanxuan asked the guard at the entrance to the detention center about the date when Mr. Zhang was beaten to death. The policeman said that it was more than twenty days earlier. Liu Yuqin, Zhang Wanxuan, Mr. Zhang Yanchao's, another uncle Zhang Songmin, elder brother Zhang Yanwu and younger brother Zhang Yanbin are witnesses. They were appalled when they saw Zhang's body, which had been brutalized beyond recognition and was too disfigured to look at. One of his eyeballs was missing and the socket was caved in, leaving a gaping hole. There was not a single tooth left in his lower jaw. The policemen threatened all of Mr. Zhang's relatives. They told them that if they talked about this and made trouble, they would be charged with anti-revolutionary behavior and sentenced to three years in jail. The police forced Mr. Zhang's family to sign a cremation release form of Mr. Zhang's body. The depraved police bragged shamelessly that Mr. Zhang died from a hunger strike and said, "The government will cover the entire cost as long as you don't make trouble." The departments concerned did not launch an investigation into the exact cause of death nor did they investigate and assign responsibility for the death.
2. Ms. Gao Xiufeng, a Falun Dafa practitioner, went to Beijing on February 15, 2000 to appeal for Falun Dafa. She was arrested at Beiyinhe Railway Station and detained at the Wuchang City Detention Center for more than a month. She was fined 1,500 yuan.
In October 2000, Ms. Gao Xiufeng went to Beijing for the second time and was arrested at Tianjin and then sent straight to Wuchang City Detention Center. She went on a hunger strike (with no food and water) for more than a month. She was released only after her family asked an influential person for help.
On New Year's Day of 2001 when Ms. Gao Xiufeng went to a fellow practitioner's home, she was followed and reported by Wu Shuquan. As a result she was detained once again. She was released after she went on a hunger strike for seven days.
Before the 2001 Chinese New Year, Wuchang City "610 Office" and the City Police Bureau began to track down and arrest Falun Gong practitioners. The Head of the Xingsheng Police Station Liu Ying with three other policemen broke into Gao Xiufeng's home during the early morning. Ms. Gao Xiufeng used her wisdom and righteous thoughts to lock the policemen into the house and escaped. After that the policemen went to her home to harass her family members many times. As a result Ms. Gao was forced to live away from home in different places to avoid further persecution and unlawful arrest. On May 9, three months after Ms. Gao Xiufeng was forced to become homeless, she came back home to help her family with the farm work. She was arrested by the police on May 12 and detained at the Wuchang City Detention Center. Ms. Gao Xiufeng protested against the persecution by going on a hunger strike. On May 19, she died as a result of improper forced-feeding.
After Ms. Gao's death, the Wuchang Police Bureau sent her body directly to the crematorium to be cremated. The Deputy Director of the Bureau Chen Shusen assigned several policemen to guard the crematorium and tried to force Ms. Gao's family to sign the cremation release form. Her family members refused to sign their names, yet Chen shouted upon hearing their request to examine the body, "You think she won't be cremated because you refuse to sign? We can do it anyway. There are many such cases in the county!" They cremated Ms. Gao's body without her family's permission.
3. Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Sun Shaomin went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa on February 15 2000 and was arrested together with eighteen fellow practitioners, by a group of approximately five policemen on a train,.
On January 8, 2001 when Mr. Sun went to Dujia Township to hand out truth-clarification materials, he was arrested by the Dujia Police Station and detained at the Wuchang City No. 2 Detention Center. After the forced labor sentence was served, he was sent to Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp, where he went on a hunger strike (without food and water) for 90 days and was later released unconditionally.
On February 9, 2002, Mr. Sun went to a practitioner's home in Harbin City and was arrested by the City police who cruelly tortured him in an attempt to extort a confession. Mr. Sun was later sent back to Wuchang City Police Bureau and detained in Wuchang City Prison. After he was sentenced to ten years in prison he was held at the Hulan County (Now Songbei District in Harbin City) Prison.
During his previous detentions, Mr. Sun Shaomin suffered from various persecutions, including confessions forced through cruel torture, beatings and forced-feeding. The force-feeding alone is already beyond the endurance of everyday people. The depraved authorities and their helpers push a very thick plastic tube down the practitioner's esophagus and repeatedly push it down and then pull it up as a form of torture. As a result Mr. Sun's esophagus became seriously injured, which led to stiffness in his chest muscles. He has not recovered yet.
4. Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Lan Hongying went to Beijing to appeal on June 22, 2000. She was arrested by the Appeal Office in Beijing and sent directly to Wuchang City Liaison Office in Beijing. On June 28th, policemen Wang Zhiming and Zhan Zhigang of the Political and Security Section of the Wuchang City escorted her back to Wuchang City Detention Center. She was then transferred to the Wuchang City No. 2 Detention Center. She was held for 52 days and released after she went on a 4-day hunger strike. She was also fined 1,000 yuan. When the Political and Security Section of the City Police Bureau sent policemen to Beijing to escort Ms. Lan home they spent 7,000 yuan in 4 days. This so-called cost was deducted from Ms. Lan Hongying's salary. When Ms. Lan Hongying went to Beijing for the second time she was shocked with electric batons at Tiananmen Square. She was released because of poor health conditions. On December 13 her work unit -- the City Financial Bureau fooled Ms. Lan Hongying into going to the bureau for a discussion. She waited in the bureau for over an hour but the head of the bureau did not come to talk to her. Instead, policeman Yang Dapeng and others arrested Ms. Lan and took her to the No. 1 Detention Center at Wuchang City. They provided no arrest warrant, nor did they inform the family members about her arrest. During her 11-day detention, she was force fed twice because of going on a hunger strike. Only when the depraved people found that her nostril was bleeding because of the force-feeding and she was near a collapse did they agree to release her. The police station fined her 500 yuan without issuing a receipt. On December 26 she was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution and unlawful arrest.
On August 30, 2002, Ms. Lan Hongying was arrested by the police of the Yushu City Police Bureau at a temporary residence in Wuchang City. The policemen of the Yushu City Police Bureau used needles to stab Ms. Lan Hongying's fingers, shocked her with electric batons and slapped her face. Her face became totally deformed. She was forced to do hard labor and family visits were banned. After three months of persecution she was transferred to the Wuchang City No. 1 Detention Center, where she was imprisoned for another eight months. After that she was sentenced to eight years in prison. Now she is detained at the Harbin City Women's Prison. During her imprisonment she was often forced to stay outside in the biting cold weather, locked in a cage, deprived of sleep or food and other cruel tortures.
5. Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Wenli was arrested by Dujia Police Station in October 1999 and was taken to Wuchang City No. 2 Detention Center where she was held for four months and fined 4,000 yuan before she was released. During her detention in the Center she suffered the cruel torture of the Tiger Bench (3). In July 2001 Ms. Wang was arrested by Wuchang City patrol-police and held at the City's No. 2 Detention Center and fined 4,000 yuan. She was released after three months of detention.
On August 30, 2002 Ms. Wang was arrested by the Yushu City Police Bureau at a temporary residence in Wuchang City and taken to Yushu City Detention Center, where she was detained for three months. During her detention the police punched her head, face, stomach and nose. She dripped blood all over the floor. They also handcuffed her in an extremely painful way: with one arm reaching down the back behind the head and the other hand meeting it from the lower back, they then inserted a bottle underneath the handcuff and pulled backwards with force until she lost consciousness from the extreme pain. The depraved police also used electric batons to shock her. On November 29, the Yushu City Police Bureau sent Ms. Wang Wenli back to Wuchang City Police Bureau and locked her in the City's No. 1 Detention Center. She was held there for eight months and was then transferred to the Harbin Women's Prison on July 17, 2003. She had been illegally sentenced to eleven years.
At the time when the Yushu City Police Bureau arrested Ms. Wang Wenli and Ms. Lan Hongying, they confiscated all the personal belongings of the two practitioners, including clothes, daily necessities, 3,400 yuan in cash, two mobile phones, two pagers, a bankbook with a 20,000 yuan deposit and a motorbike.
6. Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Sun Yafang went to Beijing in November 2000 and was kept under administrative detention for seven days by the Wuchang City Police Bureau.
In July 2002, the police from the Tuanjie Police Station in Wuchang City framed Ms. Sun. These policemen opened an empty house in the Huayuan Residential Area, which belongs to Ms. Sun's family, put the Falun Gong truth-clarification materials and banners inside and then tried to force her to admit that she was the owner of these materials. After she refused, the Head of the police station instructed policemen Yang Dapeng and Zhao Yantao to lock her in a small room. They hung her up and beat her cruelly. This included punching her breasts and torturing her genital area. Then these two policemen pushed her down from the second floor to the ground floor with the back of her head downwards. Ms. Sun instantly lost consciousness and the police used the opportunity to take her fingerprints on a fabricated confession. She was then dragged to the Wuchang City No.2 Detention Center. In April 2003 Ms. Sun was sentenced to three years in prison. She is now held at Heilongjiang Provincial Women's Prison.
Telephone Numbers of those related people and departments:
Country code: 86, area code: 451
Xiao Jianchun, Party Secretary of the Wuchang City Party Committee:
Chen Shusen, Deputy Director of the Wuchang Police Bureau:
Yang Songpeng, Deputy Head of the Political and Security Section of the
Wuchang City Police Bureau: 86-451-53527987
The Office of Wuchang City Police Bureau: 86-451-53538998
Lu Bo, the Director of the No. 2 Detention Center of the Wuchang City:
The Director's Office of the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City:
Hao Guofu, the Political Instructor of the Lalin Township Police Sub-bureau:
Policeman at the Lalin Township Police Sub-bureau of Wuchang City:
Li Guanghui: 86-451-55887377；Li Hongyu: 86-451-55884852；
Zhang Jingbo: 86-451-55887220；Hu Yanjing: 86-451-55860358,
(1) "610 Office" - It is a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches.
(2) yuan - Chinese currency, the monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 yuan.
(3) Tiger Bench - Practitioners are forced to sit on a small iron bench
that is approximately 20 cm (6inches) tall. Practitioners' knees are tightly
tied on the small bench -- "Tiger Bench." He has to sit straight up with his
eyes looking straight ahead. His hands are tied on the back or sometimes placed
on his knees. He is not allowed to turn his head, close his eyes, talk to
anyone, raise his hand, or call out for the attention of the guards. Many
inmates are assigned to watch the practitioner. If he turns his head, they would
force the practitioner to hold his hands in the air indefinitely. If he speaks,
they would force his mouth to remain open indefinitely. Usually some hard
objects are inserted underneath the practitioner's lower legs or ankles to make
it harder for them to tolerate this abuse (see illustration on