(Clearwisdom.net) On May 5, 2004, because of my show-off mentality and the attachment to complacency, I was taken away by the police for seven days. During that period, I had a deeper understanding of what Master explained,

"If the disciple has strong righteous thoughts, Master has the power to reverse a desperate situation." ("Gratitude of Disciples to Master" in Hong Yin II, un-official translation)

There was a big country fair on May 5, 2004. In order to enable more people to know the truth, from 3 AM to 5 AM, I pasted and put up many Dafa flyers everywhere at the location of the country fair. I hung up a big banner that celebrated the 12th anniversary of the wide spread of Dafa at the most prominent place of the county fair. In the morning, the police were in a state of panic. They brought a crane to remove the banner. Police on vacation were even called back. They set up several watch points at the country fair.

I felt clarifying the truth openly and nobly at such a big country fair was more effective. Therefore with my five-year-old son, I started to distribute truth-clarifying materials at the country fair. Although I saw the police patrolling in groups of twos or threes, I didn't pay attention to them. I quickly distributed all the materials I had brought with me and even explained the contents to the crowd. Right at that time, three police grabbed me and two more police showed up with flyers in their hands. They dragged my son, who was crying, and me into a police car and took us to the local police station.

When they interrogated me, I clarified the truth to them. In the afternoon, when they were going to send me to the county detention center, I saw that a banner that had been taken down earlier was lying inside the gate and was soiled with water and mud. I quickly picked it up from the ground and hung it on the tree nearby. The police were flustered. They tried to restrain me and said, "So many people here are still not able to stop you." I said, "It is such a pity that you let such a good thing lie in the mud. Our practitioners live frugally to save money for those banners. It is not easy for us. It looks so beautiful to hang it here and more people can see it as well." Some police were rushing to remove the banner; some pushed me into the police car.

As soon as I was taken into the detention center, I saw that a lady was hung up in a metal cage with her clothes disheveled. Those male inmates saw me and called loudly, "Look, another one! Must be a Falun Gong [practitioner]. Hi, the one who is hung there is also a Falun Gong [practitioner]. Let's see how many days you can last." When I heard that the person who was hung up and crying was a practitioner, Master's poem of "Do not be Sad" came to my mind. I called out loudly, "What are you crying for?" I started to recite the poem,

"Do not be sad to be in prison; act and think righteously with the Fa; think calmly to find all attachments; eliminate human attachments and therefore defeat evil." (from Hong Yin II, un-official translation)

The head of the detention center, a man with a big belly, came out and slapped me twice across my face. Several people from the office came out and so did some inmates. Seeing so many people around, I began to clarify the truth to them.

They tied me to a pole in the yard and did not release me until in the evening. I was then taken to a female cell, where I got to know another practitioner. After sharing experiences, she realized that it was wrong to write the words "giving up the practice" in the interrogation form and found out her attachments. At the next interrogation, she wrote down clearly her determination to believe in Dafa. I was very happy for the fellow practitioner. Although she was still a little afraid, she began to send forth righteous thoughts with me and started to practice the exercises. Through clarifying the truth, an inmate also began to practice with us. In the detention center, I refused to eat any food or drink any water to protest the illegal detention and to request my unconditional release because I did not commit any crime.

One night, the fellow practitioner had a dream. She and I passed through various metal gates and came to the yard. We saw our great Master wearing Western-style clothes standing in the yard of the detention center. The gate was wide open. Under Master's protection, we walked out of the detention center. However, because she had fear, she was stopped by a crowd of people in a room. So only I was able to escape.

Four days later, five police came to force-feed me. The police said, "If you refuse our orders here and somehow die, we can directly send you to be cremated. It is the order from the higher authority." Inmates often told me, "Many people here were sent to the forced labor camp after being force-fed for around a month." I knew that all of this targeted my mentality of fear. At that time, I was a little fearful. Five police forcibly pulled me away. They held my long hair and cuffed me to a metal chair. A female police officer was going to cut my hair. I pointed to her and sternly said, "Who dares to cut my hair? You are not able to distinguish goodness from evil. You will suffer karmic retribution." They had made that practitioner whom I had seen crying mentally traumatized. They cut her hair and made her look very ugly and strange. The female officer went wild, "What should I fear? Do you know what this place is? It is hell on earth. I'm the head of hell. I'm not afraid of anything." I raised my head and looked at her. She left with anger. I said to those around me, "Go and find something to tie up my hair." A male officer found a red string and bundled my hair together. While he was doing so, he said, "You see, I'm so good. I even help you tie up your hair..." I said, "If you treat practitioners well, remember that Falun Dafa is good, and conduct yourselves according to 'Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance,' you will have a good future." I began to clarify the truth to them.

After a while, they didn't force-feed me. They just called a doctor to give me an infusion. Five people pressed me into a metal chair so that I would not be able to move. I sent forth righteous thoughts to not let the infusion get into my body and cause the needle to become "locked." They tried to insert the needle into my body five times, but failed each time. They simply could not get the infusion working. Someone suggested, "Since we could not get the needle in her head, feet, hands and arms, how about just directly dumping it into her mouth." The doctor said the infusion wouldn't be absorbed that way. The doctor was already sweating quite a bit and tried it one more time. This time it seemed to be working, as the infusion went into my vein. They were cheerful. However, I took an opportunity and pulled out the needle. The head of the detention center became so flustered that she slapped the inmates present across the face several times. The doctor went back to the hospital to prepare more needles and infusion solution.

By then it was around lunchtime. After they finished eating lunch, the police ordered the inmates to force-feed me. They cuffed me to the metal chair and chained me around my waist and my neck, and pulled my long hair around the chair. I had difficulty breathing. They fixed my lower jaw with a metal chain and held my nose with pliers. They used a screwdriver to try to pry my teeth open, which made big grinding noises. However, they still couldn't pour anything into my mouth. After the police left, the inmates who knew the truth about Dafa carried me to the boiler room to stay out of direct sunlight. One detention head who was on duty sat on a bench in front of me and listened to me clarify the truth. Several inmates sitting around me all listened to me attentively. Around dinnertime, someone called the head of the detention center three times to have dinner and told him that the food had already become cold. The head finally stood up and said to me, "Tell me more about it later." Other inmates started to apologize, "I'm sorry that just now I beat you and force-fed you. I hope you don't hate me." I said, "I will not hate anyone. You are all deceived by the lies and are being used." Some inmates said, "Sister, if you feel it is good, then practice at home. Why come here to suffer?" I said, "Even if only one of you understands the truth and thus stops being hostile towards Falun Gong, then my being here is worthwhile." They quickly answered, "Sister, we understand, we understand."

I was cuffed on the metal chair for the whole night. The next day, I was put in the rain until they changed the shift. I was taken to the hospital for a check-up. At that time, Master's poem "Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions" (Hong Yin II) came to my mind,

"A Great Enlightened Being does not fear hardship
Having forged an adamantine will
And with no attachment to living or dying
He walks his path of Fa-rectification openly and nobly"

I took the opportunity to clarify the truth to the doctor and the patients there. I told them, "We are good people, but the police arrest us and persecute us everyday. Some practitioners have been so severely persecuted that they started to suffer from being mentally traumatized. However, the police lied and said that it was caused by practicing Falun Gong."

Master said at "Teaching the Fa at the Washington, D.C. Fa Conference,"

"Wherever there's a problem, that is where you need to clarify the truth and save people. Don't take a detour when you run into difficulties. When you see something that does us harm, or when you see something blocking our validating the Fa, don't take a detour -- you should face it, and clarify the truth and save those beings. This is the compassion (cibei) of a Dafa disciple, and it's our saving lives."

Later they took me back to the female section. I continued to practice the exercises and send forth righteous thoughts. The head inmate of the cell asked me to clean the door, the window and the room. I realized that it was time to clean them. I smiled and picked the cloth to clean the door, the window and the room from the inside to the outside. In my thoughts, I cleaned every particle and cell carefully. At that time, that head of the detention center asked me again how I felt about my health. I said, "It is very good." I asked, "Please give me a pair of scissors and a pair of hair clippers. I would like to give everyone a good haircut and clean up the bad thoughts in their minds as well." He said, "No, we can't do that. If we give you those things, you may make them all become Falun Gong practitioners." Everyone laughed.

The next day, they released me.

The above is just my personal understanding. Please point out anything improper.