Latest News from China - March 29, 2004
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Dafa Practitioners Xi Lili and Guo Lijuan Tortured at a Detention Center; Their Lives are in Danger
- [Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Dafa Practitioner Jiang Chunbin Stages a Hunger Strike and is Sentenced to Nine Years of Imprisonment; His life is in Danger
- [Suzhou City, Anhui Province] More than 100 Dafa Practitioners are Staging a Hunger Strike to Protest against the Persecution in Suzhou City Prison
- [Jilin Province] Detention of Over 100 Practitioners at the No.2 Prison
- [Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Arrests of Dafa Practitioners Mu Xiuqing and Guo Shijun
- [Xiong County, Hebei Province] Arrests of Two Practitioners from Wangjiafang Village
- [Cangzhou Area, Hebei Province] News from Cangzhou
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Arrests of Dafa Practitioner Wang Dongmei and Her Mother for Distributing Truth-clarifying Materials
- [Huainan City, Anhui Province] Detention of Dafa Practitioner Wang Yingkun at a Brainwashing Class Held by the "610 Office"
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Firsthand Account of Brutal Torture of a Falun Gong Practitioner in a Forced Labor Camp
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Arrest of Dafa Practitioner Wang Ping for Producing Falun Dafa Materials Explaining the Facts of the Persecution
1. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Dafa Practitioners Xi Lili and Guo Lijuan Tortured at a Detention Center; Their Lives are in Danger
Dafa practitioners Ms. Xi Lili and Ms. Guo Lijuan, were held at Shijiazhuang City's No. 2 Detention Center after being arrested. They were tortured at the detention center. On around March 25, 2004, they were sentenced to three years of forced labor. When the forced labor camp performed a physical checkup on them, Xi Lili was diagnosed with a severe heart disease and renal failure, while Guo Lijuan was diagnosed with renal failure. The forced labor camp thus refused to take them in, and they were sent back to the detention center. The detention center also refused to accept them. At present, the two practitioners are being held at the Weiming Street Police Station. This station was formerly Xinghua Street Police Station, which is notorious for murdering Dafa practitioner Zuo Zhigang. Right now, Xi Lili's life is in danger, but she has still not been released.
Telephone numbers of relevant units:
Switchboard of Shijiazhuang City's Qiaoxi Police Department: 86-311-7039977
The Weiming Street Police Station: 86-311-7888193
2. [Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Dafa Practitioner Jiang Chunbin Stages a Hunger Strike and is Sentenced to Nine Years of Imprisonment; His life is in Danger
Dafa practitioner Mr. Jiang Chunbin from Lanzhou City has been living in exile since the first day of the Spring Festival in 2001. On February 9, 2002, the Chief of the Provincial Public Security Bureau ordered a raid, and personnel from Lanzhou City's Qilihe District Police Department arrested Jiang Chunbin. They held Jiang at the Xiguoyuan Detention Center for nearly two years. Jiang, a steadfast cultivator of Dafa, suffered all kinds of torture there. In 2003, the Lanzhou City Police Department's No. 26 Section collaborated with Lanzhou City's "610 Office" (1) and the Political and Judiciary Committee, and they secretly held a court hearing in Chengguan District's Court. Jiang Chunbin didn't have an attorney, and was violently stopped when he tried to defend himself in court. Jiang Chunbin was then sentenced to nine years of imprisonment. In order to protest against the persecution, Jiang started a hunger strike from January 1, 2004. He is now being held at the Dashaping Forced Labor Camp's Hospital and has been suffering from force-feeding for over two months. On around March 11, 2004, he was transferred to Lanzhou City Prison. He is still on hunger strike, and his life is in critical danger.
Telephone numbers of relevant units:
Lanzhou City Police Department's No.26 Section (Legal System Section):
Lanzhou City Forced Labor Camp Hospital:
Director Li: 86-931-8367322; Director Zhang: 86-931-83674071.
3. [Suzhou City, Anhui Province] More than 100 Dafa Practitioners are Staging a Hunger Strike to Protest against the Persecution in Suzhou City Prison
Suzhou City Prison: 86-557-3060387
General on-duty office: 86-557-3060367
4. [Jilin Province] Detention of Over 100 Practitioners at the No.2 Prison
Jilin Province's No. 2 Prison is where Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Chengjun was tortured to death. More than 100 practitioners are currently detained there. Recently the prison authorities have been denying visitation from family members to the practitioners.
Li Qiang, Prison Chief: 86-432-4881551 (ext) 3130
5. [Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Arrests of Dafa Practitioners Mu Xiuqing and Guo Shijun
Practitioner Mu Xiuqing is from Xinxing Township, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. Practitioner Mr. Guo Shijun is an employee of Hongqi Township's Fruit Tree Experimental Breeding Plantation.
On the night of February 13, 2004, Mu Xiuqing and Guo Shijun went to Wanfutun of Dongfu Village, Dongguan Town to validate Falun Dafa. Some villagers of Dongfu Village noticed them while the practitioners were putting up signs promoting Dafa. Guo Shijun clarified the truth to those villagers, who tried to extort money from the two practitioners. Brainwashed by the lies spread by Jiang's group, the villagers did not listen to him. Some of them even beat Guo Shijun and sent him to Shuangcheng City's No. 2 Detention Center. Mu Xiuqing was also detained in that detention center.
6. [Xiong County, Hebei Province] Arrests of Two Practitioners from Wangjiafang Village
On the evening of March 24, 2004, two female practitioners from Wangjiafang Village of Xiong County, Hebei Province went to the adjacent Zhaobeikou Village of Anxin County to distribute Falun Dafa truth-clarification materials. Patrolling deputies arrested them. It is said that they are now detained at the detention center of Anxin County's Police Department. According to reports, Xiong County's police went to ask for the practitioners, but Anxin County didn't want to transfer the practitioners. The two practitioners were very steadfast. The police tried to force them to reveal the source of production of the truth-clarification materials so that they could arrest more practitioners, but the practitioners refused. At present, the police may put them into a forced labor camp.
Phone numbers of related responsible units:
Anxin County's Police Department: 86-312-5333426, 5321906
Detention center of Anxin County's Police Department: 86-312-5333377
Anxin County's "610 office": 86-312-5328610
7. [Cangzhou Area, Hebei Province] News from Cangzhou
On February 24, 2004, Tuesday, from 8:30-9:00 p.m., the Suning TV Station of Cangzhou Area, Hebei Province aired a TV program that slandered Falun Dafa and defamed Master. Fellow practitioners please send forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil factors in other dimensions behind this broadcast.
It was heard that on February 8, 2004, practitioner Xiaole, a teacher of the Zhainan School, Chengguan Town, Suning County, Cangzhou Area, Hebei Province was arrested secretly on Sunday while he was on duty in the school. Around Tuesday, a telephone message said that Xiaole was in Beijing. It is likely that he was arrested for clarifying the truth over the Internet.
8. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Arrests of Dafa Practitioner Wang Dongmei and Her Mother for Distributing Truth-clarifying Materials
Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Dongmei, in her 40s, and her mother (also a Dafa practitioner), from Shuangji, Jilin City, Jilin Province, went out to distribute truth-clarifying materials one morning. But an older woman deceived by Jiang's propaganda reported them, which led to their arrest by policemen from the Shuangji Police Station. The details are under investigation.
Dafa practitioner Ms. Dong Chengxia, 46, is a villager of Jiuzuo Village, Jinzhu Township, Longtan District in Jilin City. In February 2004, Liu Xiangtie, the associate director of Jinzhu Township's Police Station, arrested her after someone reported her to the police. She was first held at a detention center and then transferred to Changchun City's Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. The detailed information is unknown.
9. [Huainan City, Anhui Province] Detention of Dafa Practitioner Wang Yingkun at a Brainwashing Class Held by the "610 Office"
At about 4:00 p.m. on March 26, 2004, Ms. Wang Yingkun from Tianjia'an District of Huainan City, Anhui Province, was sent to the brainwashing class held by the "610 Office" for detention.
10. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Firsthand Account of Brutal Torture of a Falun Gong Practitioner in a Forced Labor Camp
On September 23, 2002, I was arrested and then detained at Tangshan City's Kaiping Forced Labor Camp. On November 21, 2002, I was transferred to the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp. While I was detained, the policewomen shocked me with electric batons, and kicked and beat me countless times. At night, they dragged me to a remote location to secretly torture me for four to five hours.
In April 2003, policewomen beat me, put a wooden stick across my legs, and then stepped on the stick. They also forced me to consume some hot and spicy powder. I once fell unconscious due to the torture. One night in April, policewomen Ye Shuxian and Yang Zemin tortured me in a small dark room by placing geckos [a small type of lizard] all over my body and trying to frighten me. At about 5:00 p.m. one day in May, policewomen Zhang Haili, Liu Yufen and Li Li put snakes on my body to psychologically torture me. In June, some policemen didn't allow me to sleep for eighteen days.
12. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Arrest of Dafa Practitioner Wang Ping for Producing Falun Dafa Materials Explaining the Facts of the Persecution
Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wang Ping from Harbin City lives at the Caizhan Building at Jiankang Road, Dongli District. In March 2004, she was arrested while putting together truth-clarifying materials.
(1) 610 Office: an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.