(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhang Ying is 20 years old. Her father Han Yuzhu died in 2001 as the result of torture in the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. She was only 17 years old at that time and was still in school. Ms. Zhang was admitted to the Sanjiang Art Institute that year, but because of her father's death her mother could not afford to pay for her studies and she had to leave the institute. Her 44-year-old mother Zhang Junchao lives in the 8th Team, Paoshou Village, Sihe Town. Currently the mother and daughter make a living by doing manual labor. The following is her father's story:

Mr. Han Yuzhu was 47 years old, and was from Yushu City in Jilin Province. On February 13, 2000, he was illegally detained and taken to the Changchun City Weizigou Forced Labor Camp because he is a Falun Gong practitioner. On July 12, 2000, Mr. Han was incarcerated in the Fenjin Forced Labor Camp. On January 8, 2001, because he persisted in practicing Falun Gong, he was transferred from Fenjin Forced Labor Camp and taken to the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp for brainwashing.

Han Yuzhu resisted the guards' forced brainwashing attempts several times. He refused to watch the programs that defamed and attacked Falun Dafa and also shouted loudly, "Falun Dafa is good!" He further protested his illegal incarceration by staging a hunger strike. On the morning of February 9, labor camp chief Zhang Benquan ordered officers from the Management Section, the Education Section and the Third Division to force-fed Han Yuzhu. They used a metal wedge to keep his mouth open and, in an extremely cruel manner, fed him a highly concentrated saline solution.

That afternoon Han Yuzhu felt very uncomfortable. During dinner his condition worsened and he requested to see a doctor, but the guards dragged him back to the cell, and two of the guards even kicked him several times. They assumed he was pretending to be ill. Mr. Han was not allowed to see a doctor until after 7:00 p.m. that night. The doctor said that the salt had poisoned his body, but he would not die that night, so no necessary emergency efforts were undertaken. The authorities did not send him to a hospital until midnight, when he was on the verge of death. Actually, Mr. Han had already passed away by that time, but the labor camp authorities attempted to deceive his family. They shirked their responsibility for the death of Mr. Han and even blamed Han Yuzhu for his own death, claiming that he was force-fed with sugar water.