August 9, 2003

( My greatest joy was hearing about Falun Dafa in November1998. From that time on I cultivated diligently and strove to be a better person. Many of my illnesses disappeared as I became a better person and my body felt light and free. My personal experience strengthened my faith in Teacher and Dafa.

On October 25, 1999, I went for the second time to appeal in Beijing. On October 28, I was arrested and sent to a county detention center. There I was detained until November 24. I was sentenced illegally for one year of forced labor at the Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp.

First, I was assigned to the 4th Team of Xinsheng Forced Labor Camp. Because we insisted on practicing the Falun Gong exercises, group leader Zhang Guimei (female) made us stand facing a wall and hit our heads and faces with a bamboo stick. Since so many of the practitioners were doing the exercises, they transferred us to the 2nd Team, which was notorious for its brutal and cruel treatment of inmates.

We were forced to work extended hours, from 4:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., that is, 16 solid hours, not counting mealtime. We went in January 2000 on a strike to protest the ill treatment. The guard asked us to stand facing the wall for three days. It did not affect us. Then police Ma Tianshu started to slap our faces, beat us and shocked us with electric batons. She did not stop until our faces were distorted. They also tried to force us to write the "guarantee and repentant letters" and state that we would give up practicing Falun Gong.

On March 12, 2000, police Yu Bo and Ma Tianshu hit my face until it was swollen, and then tied me to the bed with the limbs stretched to the four corners because I practiced the exercises. They also banned family visitation for the entire team, and tried to force us to write the so-called guarantee letters. I believed that our Teacher looks at our sincere heart, and that he would protect us as long as we have unshakable faith in Dafa and Teacher. They tortured us for 12 straight days, using all kinds of methods, but they could not achieve their goal.

On April 19, 2000, all practitioners in the team got up together to do the exercises. Many of the policemen came running, shocked us with electric batons and beat us cruelly. Every practitioner suffered a great deal from the electric shocks. I realized that we could break free with strong righteous thoughts. I understood that Teacher was with us and that there was nothing to be afraid of. I was certain that we could succeed and be free. At 2:00 in the afternoon, Ma Tianshu took me to the control room and asked me why I continued to do the exercises. I said, "Falun Dafa saved my life." She became very angry, stood up and shocked me viciously with the electric baton. She also punched and kicked me, and the situation turned for the worse. I thought to myself: Teacher please help me! Suddenly the sentence "To live with no pursuits, To die with no regrets;" ("Non-existence", HongYin) flashed into my mind, and I immediately calmed down. Then policewoman Liu Lianying also started to shock my entire body with the electric baton. Lucky for me, the battery of the baton died. During the entire time I just stood there calmly and felt no pain. I understood then that Teacher had suffered for me. The police shocked me until the end of their shift. When I returned to the cell, the practitioners saw my distorted face and they all cried.

The next day, as soon as they got to the office, police Ma and Yu took me to the control room, and asked me to write a note stating that it was not their responsibility if something happened to me. I refused. Later, the Control Unit Head Yue Jun and Deputy Head Lian Guangri asked what was wrong with my face. Liu Lianying immediately answered, "She got AIDS." And the whole room burst into laughter. At the same time, practitioner Zhang Yuhui from Baishan City was shocked viciously and close to death. Then she was locked up in a confinement cell for 20 days and after that tied up on a bed for 10 days with her limbs stretched out to the four corners. Geng Wanzhen (female) from Taonan City had a heart attack as result of electric shocking, and Yin Shuyun (female) was tortured to death. The majority of practitioners went on a hunger strike and wrote appeal letters. But, who would hear our voice? To assure silence they cut off all communication to cover up their criminal behavior, and the 2nd team had no visitation rights. I appealed to all prison levels about their actions. I reported that I was viciously shocked with an electric baton. Their response was that practicing was not permitted, and they would continue to shock anyone who practiced. They also said that the Party gave them their jobs, and so they would sell their soul to the Party.

In May 2000, because I did not study the Fa diligently, I was taken advantage of by the evil. I disgraced Teacher and Dafa. This left a black mark on my cultivation. Therefore, I solemnly declare that all the documents I signed against Dafa, all inappropriate behavior for a Dafa disciple, and my words against Dafa are all invalid. I will do well from now onwards in the three things that Teacher asks us to do (the three things are studying the Fa, clarifying the truth and sending forth righteous thoughts-translator's note), and walk my journey of cultivation practice to the very end.

I studied the Fa diligently after I was released, and I knew deep in my heart that I had done wrong. Immediately after I realized this, I was arrested and taken to a brainwashing center in the county government for one month. This time I validated Dafa through my actions. I did not sign any documents, but clarified the truth and requested to be sent home. I kept strong righteous thoughts at all times, and eventually I walked out of there with dignity.

In the evening of July 6, they came to arrest my husband and me. I hid in the cornfield. They watched for me for 4 days. Yet, I finally was able to break away from them with righteous thought. But no one dared to take me in, so I had to return to the cornfield. At that time I asked Teacher for help. Shortly after a magpie flew singing above my head. I was not sure what that meant, and thought: please come again if you would be my guide sent by Teacher. As a result, a group of magpies came and guided me to a safer place.

In September 2001, two practitioners and I were reported to the police when preparing truth-clarifying materials. They arrested me and another practitioner. I refused to cooperate, no matter what they said, because I was involved in a holy mission. I was saving people. I knew that I should ignore all orders and requests from the evil forces. They tortured me terribly. I told them that I would clarify the truth to them, and that this was my sole mission. They ran out of methods to torture me and therefore sent me back to the county detention center. I went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. They tried to send me eight days later to a forced labor camp. On route there I held strong righteous thought and thus was able to jump out of the car. I ran into the crowd and the police chased after me and shot at me. I remembered what Teacher said, "The righteous Fa is being spread, Difficulties on top of difficulties. Tens of thousands of demons in the way, Dangers within dangers." (cited from a draft translation of "Being Calm In Tribulation," HongYin) I also thought "just by having your heart unaffected you will be able to handle all situations." (Eliminate You Last Attachments), I successfully got away from the police.

The miracle of Dafa continues to manifest through me, as it does through many Dafa disciples. It encourages me to be more diligent and save more beings. I'm fulfilling my grand oath from prehistoric time. I wish to give our teacher my sincerest thanks, and am grateful for his compassion and his saving me.

(Editor's note: The signed solemn declaration will be published after being sorted)