Practitioner Wei Shujiang, 53, a rural resident of the Town of Taiping in Daoli District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province, was persecuted to death on August 29, 2001.

Wei Shujiang first practiced Falun Gong in 1996. He had pulmonary tuberculosis, tubercular pleurisy, chest cavity ponding, abdominal cavity ponding, hepatitis, nephrosis, and other illnesses before practicing Falun Gong. The hospital confirmed that he was terminally ill and his family members were worried. However, less than half a year after Wei Shujiang started to practice Falun Gong, he recovered miraculously. It was Dafa that gave him a second life. Dafa brought happiness and hope to his family.

Ever since the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Wei Shujiang clarified the truth. He wrote a letter to the provincial government to tell the truth about Falun Gong. But immediately after, his name appeared on a black list as a major case, which resulted in frequent harassment from agents of the local town government, police station, and commune. He once stated, "One time they found a Falun Gong tape in my house. I was arrested and detained in an extremely cold cell for a whole winter day without any food and water in a local police station as result of that. I was released only in the evening. And my house was monitored since. My whole family could not go about life normally."

On June 24, 2000, the family of Wei Shujiang went to Beijing to appeal. (Practitioner Wu Qingxiang, died of persecution perpetrated by Changlinzi Labor Camp on March 4, 2001, was together with them on the trip to Beijing to appeal.) On June 26, Wei Shujiang's whole family was arrested at Tiananmen Square. They were detained at Harbin's Office in Beijing. On June 29, 2002, Wei and his son were kidnapped and thrown into Daoli Jailhouse in Harbin City. His wife was detained at Daoli Duck Animal Enclosure Detention Center. Upon his entrance into the jailhouse, prison guards ordered criminal inmates to make him stay put in a squatting position for 5~6 hours without any motion. Even a slight move would result in outrageous beatings as punishment.

Prison guards ordered criminal inmates to torture him. They forced him to maintain a painful posture without moving for many consecutive hours. No coughing was allowed in between 6~10pm. His buttocks grew sore due to the long time of sitting motionless. He would be beaten severely if he complained or moved his body. He was forced to take extremely cold showers by using water pipes that squirted water under high pressure. It was too cold to even gasp for air. He had to sleep in a very small cell. The prison guards set a time limit for Wei Shujiang to use the washroom, which resulted in extreme pain in the stomach and inability to excrete waste. The labor camp forced practitioners to do hard labor everyday. But when everyone was gone, prison guards would torture Wei alone.

After one month's persecution, he was very weak and could not even walk properly. (The labor camp knew that his health was rapidly declining due to the cruel torture.) Under such circumstances, the labor camp and the local government continued to blackmail his family for 4,000 Yuan (during their stay in Beijing, officials food and entertainment were paid by Dafa practitioners). So the family prepared 4000 Yuan in order to gain Wei's release, however, the labor camp refused to accept the money, claiming that it was not enough. So, they forced Wei to use his house as collateral to get more money.

After Wei's release, he grew ill and could not get out of bed. At the time, his wife took care of him. But villain agents from Taiping Town continued to harass and persecute him, forcing him to write the so-called "Letter of Guarantee" to give up practicing Falun Gong. Wei said to the agents, "Falun Gong cured my illness. It is Dafa that has given me a second life. It was Teacher Li who rescued me. How can I tell lies against my conscience. I would never do such a thing that could betray Teacher. I will not give up practicing Falun Gong. I will never write a letter of guarantee." The prison guards threatened him, "If you don't write, we will send you to a forced labor camp." In the later days, these villains would go to his house to harass him while his illness grew worse. At that moment, his son was arrested for a second time and was detained illegally in Harbin Changlin Labor Camp. Under such circumstances, the Township Government agents forced his wife to go into a brainwashing class. As a result, nobody could care for Wei and his health deteriorated. He died on August 29, 2001.

We appeal to all kind-hearted people from around the world to help stop the on-going persecution against Falun Gong practitioners in China now!


In Taiping Town alone, there are about 26 Dafa practitioners detained illegally (for over a month), blackmailed and forced to do hard labor. Practitioner Zu Yumin was forced to become homeless to avoid further persecution at the beginning of 2001. Practitioners Wu Qingxiang and Wei Shujiang were tortured to death.

Practitioner Yu Guanghe was arrested at home on the New Year's Day of 2001, currently detained illegally in Changlinzi Labor Camp in Harbin City. The original illegal jail term was 2 years, but he is still in detention and being tortured.

Practitioner Shen and another practitioner (name unknown) were arrested and sent to Wanjia Labor Camp to be detained illegally for 3 years and 2 years respectively.

Partial list of criminal persecutors of Dafa and Dafa practitioners in Taiping Town:

Taiping Town Mayor, Party Secretary and Secretary of Political

and Judiciary Committee: Ma Fengxue, female.

Wang: this person is extremely anti-Dafa, did lots of bad things against Dafa. He forced practitioner Yu Guanghe to take drugs against his will.

Residence Registrar's Office Police Agent: Gao Qingming (in charge of persecuting Falun Gong).

Village Chief Zhu Lianguo, Wang Guoxing and Er Shuang (Yonghe Village Chief of Taiping Town): They reported on Dafa practitioners many times and blackmailed money from practitioners, monitored and spied on practitioners, etc.

Taipingyang Township #159 Middle School Master: Wei Lu (was among the "Villain Board" members).