September 26, 2003


Ms. Liu Ying is a Dafa practitioner who lives on the 6th floor of a building in the Qinglong residential quarter, Chenghua district, Chengdu city, Sichuan Province. Since September 19th, she has been besieged in her home for over one week by people from the local "610 Office" (the 610 Office is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems), the local government, the Qinglong Police Department, and the local Qinglong Police Station. They intimidated her saying that there was no way out for her if she refused to open the door and cooperate with the persecution, and that they would stay as long as possible until she ran out of provisions in her house and starved to death. They also tried to provoke her into jumping from the 6th floor and told their subordinates that her death would be classified as a suicide. They also deceived the residents of the quarter, who were unaware of the truth, saying, "We're here to save Liu Ying. We received a report saying she wants to commit suicide due to a demonic state caused by her practicing Falun Gong." They ordered a few people to spread a large blanket outside the building in the anticipation that Liu Ying would jump. At the same time, they spread rumors to defame Falun Gong.

During the time of the above mentioned occurrence there were hundreds of on-lookers. Therefore we would like to ask the practitioners living nearby Liu Ying, that in addition to eliminating the evil by sending forth-righteous thoughts, that you also rationally and wisely clarify the truth about Dafa to the people who witnessed this incident so as to prevent this conspiracy of evil from prevailing. We would also like to ask other practitioners to call the following numbers at your convenience and clarify the truth to save Liu Ying: Police Department of the Chendu City (phone number to report a case: 86-28-86407203, switchboard: 86-28-86407114); Chenghua Branch Police Department (86-28-83261024); Qinglong Local Police Station (86-28-83516630). We are trying to find for more telephone numbers that might be help to call.

Ever since the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, Ms. Liu Ying has continuously been harassed, illegally body-searched, followed, arrested, and had her home constantly ransacked by the evil. She has also been detained several times by both the local and branch police departments. In 2001, she was forced into homelessness. One time she was illegally kidnapped by the Fuqin Police Station where she registered her residence (In China, people must register their residence with certain police jurisdictions. However, they may live in a different place than the one where they register their residence). After she had fell into coma because of going on extended hunger strike to protest the persecution against her, police abandoned her in a wilderness area during the middle of the night while she was unconscious. In July 2002, when she went back home to see her son, she was arrested again by policemen Li Xiuying and others of the Fuqin Police Station and was detained in the Pi County Detention Center. Because her life was in danger due to a 15-day hunger strike in order to protest the persecution against her, she was released from the detention center. After returning home, she was then closely followed and monitored by Fuqin Police Station police. They ordered some people to keep watch of her home and even frequently rang her doorbell during the midnight hours to harass her. Later, in order to escape the responsibility of monitoring her, the Fuqin Police Station transferred her registered residence to the Funan Police Station. To avoid responsibility for her, the Funan Police Station forced her to divorce her husband and locked her up in her home in the Qinglong quarter. Then she was forced to leave her home again after the Qinglong Police Station assigned three people to move in to her home to monitor her round the clock. After she came back home later, she was kidnapped again and brought to the Pi County Detention Center by Qinglong Police Station police. There she once again went on hunger strike to protest the persecution against her. Consequently she was tortured. Her mouth was bleeding from the torture and her life was in danger. So she was then sent to the Second Hospital of Qingyang District, where she was given some medical treatment while the handcuffs and shackles were still on her. Then, the detention center illegally sentenced her to one and a half years of forced labor education. They carried her to the Nanmusi Women's Labor Camp of Zizhong City, Sichuan Province. Seeing that she was in critical condition, the labor camp refused to accept her for fear that she might die in the camp.

Because she went on hunger strike in protest of the persecution forced upon her, police stations and detention centers have on numerous occasions sent her to psychiatric hospitals, prison hospitals and detained her in prison cells of male murderers. Due to brutal persecution, her husband was forced to divorce her, her family memebers deserted her, and her 3-year-old son lost his mother. Up to the present time now she still has been unable to find a normal job.