At 8 a.m. on the morning of May 21, 2002, the police, procurate, judiciary systems and the "610 Office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] of Chaoyang City Liaoning Province all gathered inside or outside of the City Middle Court (opposite of the City Second Court) House. They planned to illegally put four Dafa disciples on trial. On May 20, they gave orders to each disciple's work unit, and asked their employers send some "audience members."

After Falun Dafa disciples in Chaoyang City heard this, they re-arranged their activities. Besides joining the global sending forth righteous thoughts, all of them sent forth righteous thoughts around the clock from 7 a.m. until 11 a.m. on May 21, aiming at the Court House. Some of them did this near the Hall, some of them went inside as visitors; they were all sending forth righteous thought at a close distance, eliminating the evil elements in the police, procurate, judiciary, and "610 Office" systems.

At the same time, Dafa disciples in nearby regions, such as Chaoyang City, Beipiao City, Lingyuan City, Yebaishou region (in Jianping County), and Chaoyang County all sent forth righteous thoughts which surrounded this evil center in the Court House. Together with the disciples inside the Hall, they sent forth righteous thoughts inside and outside the Hall, totally eliminating the evil. Some Dafa disciples saw the evil was eliminated continuously in other dimensions.

At 9 a.m., the judge started the illegal sentencing. First, three of Jiang's judges (one male, two females, plus a clerk) from Shuangta District sentenced two female Dafa disciples to 3 year and 5 year jail terms for the so-called "crimes" of speaking the truth and passing out more than 200 pieces of truth-clarifying materials. The male judge read the statement, while Dafa disciples still sent forth righteous thoughts inside and outside the Hall.

Around 9:15 a.m., three female judges from Longcheng District were illegally sentencing one male Dafa disciple (about 30 years old). When the statement was read half way, a male (about 20 years old) Dafa disciple wearing a light yellow T-shirt shouted, "Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is good!" The police in uniforms and in plain clothes were all shocked. Then they mobbed him, kicking and punching him, taking him outside. At the same time, the accused male Dafa disciple suddenly stood up, raised his arms and shouted at those judges, "Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is good!" Right after him, a female Dafa disciple (in her 70s) stood up from her visitor's seat and shouted several times, "Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa!" And she unfolded a red banner with yellow words of "Falun Dafa is good!"

The order in the court house was completely lost. The judges were all shocked and frozen like logs. The police and plain clothes officers were beating up those two Dafa disciples. The accused male Dafa disciple fell down on the floor with blood running out of his mouth and nose. That elderly female disciple was dragged out of her seat, pressed down, and forced out of the Hall. She was still shouting, "Falun Dafa is good!" before being pushed into a police vehicle. Then there was an official who shouted to all people inside the Hall with exasperation, "Sit down, everyone! No one (is) allowed to disturb the order!" The three judges were still standing there, terribly frightened. No one moved for a long while. Then that official said to the audience, "Everyone now stand up and continue listening!" The judge hurriedly finished the reading, and was unable to keep her demeanor or dignity. Several officials whispered to the clerk, who spoke with a stammer, "Si..sit down please!" One official announced to the audience, "The sentencing is ended. Please leave the court." So this was how the illegal "sentencing" occurred.