July 31, 2001

(Clearwisdom Net)

Falun Gong practitioner Wu Qingbin, male, 37-years-old, a college graduate, worked as a technician in the Huainan Chemical Engineering Factory, Huainan County, Anhui Province. He had a 12-year-old son.

On March 1, 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. As a result, he was illegally detained for 15 days by the Datong Police Station of Huainan City. On April 4, 2000, the police took him to the Huainan Second Detention Center because he practiced Falun Gong in a public place. In the middle of August 2000, he was sentenced to a year and a half in a labor camp. During his stay in Huainan Second Detention Center, he suffered many inhuman tortures.

One day, the head of this detention center came to the cells to investigate the performances of the guards. He asked Wu if their guard had given cigarettes to the inmates. According to the detention center's regulations, guards are prohibited from allowing inmates to smoke. But their guard (Mr. Wu, over 50-years-old) had offered cigarettes to inmates in exchange for money. So Wu Qingbin honestly said "yes." Since then, Guard Wu was quite resentful. He instigated the inmates to violently beat Wu Qingbin. One time when the inmates of the cell were torturing him by throwing him up into the air and letting him fall heavily down on the floor, he shouted for help from the guard. Guard Wu came over asking what was happening in the cell. Those inmates told him that they had punished Wu Qingbin because he wanted to practice Falun Gong. The guard told him not to practice Falun Gong any more and then went away. But these inmates had actually acted under the guard's instigation. He even privately ordered them to mistreat Wu Qingbin more brutally later on. Wu's physical health became extremely bad because of such barbarous tortures in the detention center. After he was sent to the Huainan Labor Camp in August 2000, a medical examination showed that he had pulmonary edema. To avoid taking responsibilities for his severe illness, the labor camp agreed to release him on bail for medical treatment, on condition of his writing a warranty of "not practicing Falun Gong." After he left the labor camp, his health recovered quickly.

After he read Teacher's speech given at the Western US Cultivation Experience Sharing Conference of Falun Dafa in 2000, he awakened and deeply realized that what he had done in the labor camp was wrong. So he went to the Huainan Labor Camp and solemnly told them that all that he had been forced to write down was completely invalid. His statement aroused their hatred and fear. The police of the labor camp detained Wu Qingbin again. They also asked a few people who had already given up Falun Gong to speak to him, attempting to deceive him into giving up his belief of Falun Dafa. But what they said never shook Wu Qingbin's firm determination to practice Dafa. In July 2001, he went on a hunger strike for over 10 days in protest of their cruel persecution. As a result, his health condition became so poor that the labor camp had to release him on bail again for medical treatment. After he stepped out of the labor camp for the second time, instead of staying at home, he went out to clarify the truth to people, playing the role of a Dafa particle in Fa-rectification.

On July 19, 2001, people from the Huainan Political and Law Committee caught him in another area and forcibly took him back to the Huainan Labor Camp. On July 20, 2001, Wu Qingbin was tortured to death. A good natured, healthy person lost his life in this labor camp in the course of just one day.