Extortion of Dafa Practitioners in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province
1. Practitioner Yu Jialian, a 47-year-old female was detained in her hometown for 10 days after going to Beijing to appeal on February 29, 2000. Songhuajiang Police Station's corrupt policemen Liu Hongjun and Xu Jie extorted her out of 4,700 Yuan. (The average monthly salary for an urban worker is 500 Yuan RMB.) On the evening of December 21, 2000, the Beijing Shijingshan Police Department's Second Preliminary Interrogation Section gave her a beating as a result of her appeal. After her second trial, on the evening of January 2, 2001, they beat her again, and then they poured cold water on her neck, and chilled her for more than half an hour with few clothes on. On January 6, 2001, they detained her in Shijingshan Custodial Center, Beijing, for 15 days. The Nangang Political Security Section took her back, and they extorted 3,000 Yuan from her.
2. Practitioner Huang Guang, a 38-year-old male was illegally detained for 15 days after he appealed in Beijing. They ransacked his house twice and took his car, worth 40,000 to 50,000 Yuan, his 8,000-Yuan computer, extorted him out of 3,000 Yuan and charged him 320 Yuan for food. When this practitioner escaped from his local government's liaison office in Beijing, they extorted his family members out of 1,720 Yuan for an "escape-fee." Dongli Political Security Section's Yang Shouyi fined him 3,000 Yuan and Guan Xin fined him 2,000 Yuan.
3. Practitioner Ren Xiuying, a 60-year-old female, went to appeal for the first time in April of 1999, and then again in August. She was taken back and illegally detained for 45 days both times. The ruffian Yu Wen of Daoli District Educational Bureau extorted her for 5,000 Yuan, Wang Libin of Daoli District Police Department fined her 1,000 Yuan. Her unit leader, Tong Jiping and Liu, and officer Liu Xiangdong took an airplane to Beijing to pick her up. They used this chance to stay in luxurious hotels and went sightseeing with the 10,000 Yuan extorted from her family members.
4. Practitioner Jin Yaoming, a 37-year-old female, was illegally detained for 15 days for appealing in Beijing. Ruffian Zhang Zhiliang extorted her for 1,500 Yuan, and the Nanzhi Office confiscated 300 Yuan from her.
5. Practitioner Zhao Qingshan, a 52-year-old male, signed his name on a public-signature appeal letter during the period of the "Two Conferences" [the People's Congress and the Political Consultation Conference] in April of 2000. The Harbin Police Department First Division illegally took him away from his home, and they released him after 24 hours of illegal detention. They extorted 2,000 Yuan from him. In September 2000, he was in a Dafa group study when a wicked individual reported them to police and he was arrested again. The police illegally detained him for 16 days and extorted him for 3,500 Yuan before releasing him. On November 20, 2001 a wicked individual reported him and the police confiscated over 10,000 copies of truth-clarifying literature from his home. Zhao escaped from the evil's grasp after they illegally detained him in the detention center for 28 days. Now he is homeless and living on the streets to avoid the persecution.
6. Sun Shuqin, a 60-year-old female was arrested by the local cops when she appealed for the first time. The second time she appealed, the police from Beijing's Tiananmen Square arrested her and sent her to Pinggu Detention Center. During her time there, they shocked her with an electric baton, among other forms of torture. Chi from the Nangang Political Security Section extorted her for a total of 800 Yuan in the two arrests.
7. Song Yuzhi, a 61-year-old female, was reported when she was giving out truth-revealing literature on November 16, 2000. The police forcefully entered and ransacked her house twice, illegally detained her in the second police station for 22 days and extorted her for 3,500 Yuan. During the pre-trial hearings, they didn't let her family members take the public transportation but made them ride in police cars. They used this chance to extort them for 100 Yuan for the cost of gasoline. (In fact, it takes less than 10 Yuan to take public transportation.) On January 20, 2001, at about 8 p.m., the police said the station head wanted to talk to her and would let her return quickly. Upon arriving at the station they tried to force her to write a "guarantee letter," and interrogated her overnight. On the morning of the 21st, they sent her to a second police station to brainwash her for half a year. The situation in the class is harsh and citizens lack personal freedom there. Gao Changxing was responsible for the interrogation during both arrests, and he extorted her for gasoline and taxi fees in both cases.
8. Han Wei, a 30-year-old male, was illegally arrested by the local police on July 23, and was unlawfully interrogated for two days and nights. They tied his hands from behind and suspended his body, covered his head with plastic bags to prevent breathing and applied other forms of torture. They locked him up for two months and extorted him for 20,000 Yuan.
9. Dou Haitao, a 27-year-old female, went to appeal in Beijing in accordance with the law in September of 1999. The police detained her within the Heilongjiang liaison office in Beijing. She had to pay 40 Yuan per day for her lodging. She has to pay for her own food. The police even extorted over hundreds of Yuan as a "protection fee." They sent her back on September 18, accusing her of "disturbing the social order" and locking her up in the Bayan County First Detention Center, where she was unlawfully detained for 41 days. The police station extorted her for 300 Yuan and the detention center extorted her for 300 Yuan. The Bayan County Longquan Food Storage extorted her for the so-called travel expenses, food expense and a monthly deposit of 100-Yuan, and in total 3,800 Yuan. The Bayan County Police Department fined her 3,000 Yuan.
10. Practitioner Sun Jinghua, a 63-year-old female, had her house illegally ransacked on January 2001 by 4 policemen and she was illegally detained for 8 days. The head of Hulan County Political Security Section extorted her for 3,000 Yuan as well as 200 Yuan for a car fee. Hulan County Shenjia Police Station's station head Cao and Qi requested 1,500 Yuan as their personal food and gift expenses.
11. Jing Shuying, a 48-year-old female, also had her house illegally ransacked in November of 2000. Led by Liu Yulin, two ruffians from Xiangfang Police Station illegally ransacked her house and took away a copy of Zhuan Falun as well as a set of lecture cassettes. Then they fined her 1,000 Yuan. She went to appeal in Beijing on February 5, 1999. Secretary Zhao (female) and Zhang Zhizhong from Xiangfang Hongqi Street Office, Harbin City, extorted her for 1,500 Yuan, and took away 400 Yuan when they illegally searched her. They locked her up for a month, and fined her 3,000 Yuan for an insurance fee. In November of 2000, Secretary Zhao and Zhang Zhizhong came to her house and forcefully took her hand-written copy of Zhuan Falun. They expanded their persecution to her mother's house, and created much mayhem. Harbin City Police Station Zhang Baolin extorted her for 5,000 Yuan (for food expenses, car expenses and a human-relationship fee).
12. Zuo Fuquan, a 63-year-old female was a retired worker. Ruffian Chen Lianxiang, a director from Zhoucheng Dormitory, Xiangdian Street, Xiangfang District, Harbin City, went to Zuo's home to force her to separate from Falun Gong and to write a "letter of guarantee [to stop practicing]." She was forced to burn the Dafa books and materials, and curse the Teacher and Dafa. The ruffian Chen Lianxiang even went to Zuo's former work unit in person to report her.
13. Wang Guiqin, a 60-year-old female, was illegally detained for 45 days after she went to Beijing to appeal on February 5, 2000. The police extorted her for 700 Yuan with assorted charges and 3,000 Yuan insurance fee. Later, they ransacked her house and took away Dafa materials and one audio recorder. They detained her for 56 days, and then unlawfully sentenced her to a year in a labor camp. On March 20, 2000, Zhang Zhizhong of Hongqi Street Office extorted her for 1,550 Yuan in car expenses and an insurance fee.
14. Fang Yaqin, a 50-year-old female, was forced to curse Dafa and the Teacher, and to burn Dafa materials by ruffian Chen Lianxiang, the director from Zhoucheng Dormitory, Xiangdian Street, Xiangfang District, Harbin City. On January 31, 2001, the ruffian Chen Lianxiang asked the police to arrest Fang at her home.
October 24, 2001