Chongqing Dafa practitioner Mo Shuijin, female, 64, was a retired cardre from Changan Automobile Company of Chongqing. In May 2001, she was arrested just because she went to Bijin Park in Jiangbei, Chongqing. She was sentenced to two years of "labor re-education" for "disturbing social order." Obviously, for a 64-year-old lady to have a rest in a park would never disturb the social order; the real reason for the arrest was just because she was a Dafa practitioner.

After she was forcibly put in the Chongqing Female Labor Camp, Mo Shuijin still persisted in practicing Falun Gong. She was cursed and beaten repeatedly by the officers. In the camp, Falun Gong practitioners were not treated as human beings at all. No matter how old they were, they were overworked (working 10,12, and 14 hours each day), or punished by being forced to stand in the hot glaring sunlight or in the pouring rain for longer than 10 hours. They were not allowed breaks, any sitting, or napping. In addition to torturing practitioners themselves, officers also encouraged criminal inmates to beat practitioners. Although Mo Shuijin had been very healthy before, she was tortured until she coughed up blood. After 50 days in the camp, her health deteriorated severely. But instead of releasing her, officers locked her in a "small cell" where the conditions were much worse and she was unable to sleep and developed a high fever overnight.

Worried that Mo Shuijin could die in the camp, the officers arranged for the "610 Office" (a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches) of Changan Company to have her transferred to the Changan Company Hospital. When Mo was feeling better, she asked to be released from the hospital. The officers worried that she would reveal the truth about the persecution in the camp and arranged for female officers to dress as medical staff and detain her. On October 30, 2001, they injected her with something like a "Euthenasia (literal translation is 'Easy Death')" shot which made Mo collapse and die. Then officials of the "610 Office" of Changan Company and the labor camp, as well as doctors, conspired to announce that Mo died of lung cancer. However, Mo never had any symptoms of lung cancer.

Mo was murdered as a result of the secret order from Jiang's regime, in which Jiang instructed to further persecute Dafa practitioners: defame them politically, make them bankrupted financially, and destroy them physically. We strongly appeal to international human rights organizations and hope these organizations can investigate this case independently and objectively. We also hope all kindhearted people can support us so that we can stop the violence and torture, and restore justice to the human world.

November 19, 2001