Dafa is being persecuted and there was no way to appeal, so I went to Tiananmen Square to express my heart. On October 10, 2001, several fellow practitioners and I went to Tiananmen Square to unfurl a banner, and shouted to the world, "Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is a righteous way!" It was my second time to go there. I shouted out the words from the bottom of a true cultivator's heart. Our peaceful voices and our righteous thoughts frightened all of the evil old forces.

When they saw us, the police rushed out, and pushed us into a police vehicle. They sent us to Beijing City, Shunyi County, Mapo Police Station. They asked our names one by one. I held in my heart the righteous thought that I would never co-operate with the evil. I would never tell them my name. So they started their inhuman torture. They first cursed me with very dirty language. Then they used torture instruments to abuse me. They also used the electric baton to shock my whole body. In order to prevent me from groaning or screaming, they stuffed my mouth with socks and almost suffocated me. They used a chair to press me down. Then one policeman sat on top of me while the others kicked and punched me, while cursing. I still would not co-operate with them. They dared to take off my clothes until I was wearing only my underwear. Then they pushed me outside, and poured cold water all over my body. They shocked me with the electric baton, and then used a bamboo brush to beat me until that brush was broken. One policeman took off his shoe and used his shoe to beat me. Then they used my leather belt to beat me. My whole body was wounded. Then they poured cold water on me again. When they finally took the socks out of my mouth, I said to them, "You 7 big men torture me, a weak woman. All I did was shout 'Falun Dafa is Good!' What did I do wrong? Those of you who treat Dafa disciples like this will receive retribution." They said to me, "Are you weak? You are stronger than Liu Hulan [the Joan of Arc of the XX Party]. She would admire you if she saw you."

My whole body was wounded. Large areas were a purple-blue color. I was very weak. They did not let me put on my clothes from 8 p.m. until the next morning at 7 a.m. For the third time, they gave me electric baton shocks on my neck and my head. I never told them my name and address during the entire ten-plus hours of torture. They sent me to an unknown jail in Beijing. Several Falun Dafa practitioners were there. We encouraged each other, reciting, "Strive forward together," (In Harmony With the Fa, Hongyin). We went on a hunger strike for 9 days. Then we were sent to a local detention center. I held very strong righteous thoughts in my heart, "What you say does not count. Only what my Teacher says counts." Because my wounds were so severe, my whole body was swollen. I looked like I was about to die. The police, seeing my condition, became scared that I might die there. So they released me. After I went back home, I joined the current of Fa-rectification once again.

Master said in "Abandon Human Attachments and Continue True Cultivation" (Essentials for Further Advancement), "Maintaining Dafa's tradition, upholding Dafa's cultivation principles, and persevering in true cultivation are long-term tests for every Dafa disciple." Let us be more diligent on our path of cultivation.