My name is Li Xiuzhen. I am a villager from Anqiu City, Shandong Province. On October 27, 2000, I was arrested while distributing leaflets explaining the truth of Falun Dafa. Subsequently, I was thrown into the Anqiu City Detention Center, where I suffered tremendous physical and mental abuses. Shortly after being arrested, I began a hunger strike to protest this mistreatment.

On November 17, I was sent to the Labor Camp of Jinan City. Because the labor camp was already full, I was sent on to the Wancun Labor Camp. At this point I had been on a hunger strike for 20 days, so I did not pass the entrance physical for the labor camp. As a result, the labor camp refused to accept me. Therefore, I was sent back to the Anqiu Detention Center. On November 20, I was released, but I was kept under tight surveillance imposed by the township government.

At 8pm of November 22, Song Shuling, the communist party secretary for politics and law, and Wang Jiaming, the head of the detention center, broke into my yard with a dozen hired thugs. Wang Jiaming held a camera, while the other people brandished police batons. They asked me to open the door of my house. Because Teacher advised us "not to be taken away by the evil force voluntarily," I refused their demand resolutely. They then pounded my door with police batons. I told them, "You are violating the law by breaking into the home of a citizen late at night. Falun Dafa is a righteous practice, and there is nothing wrong with my learning Falun Dafa. Why are you arresting innocent people arbitrarily? Jiang Zemin is the highest representative of the evil force in the human world. His future is lamentable. You should not follow him to the hell. Please wake up! Those who do good deeds will be rewarded, and those who commit wrongdoings will be punished." But they did not want to listen to me. One of these thugs, whose surname was Sun, repeatedly pounded on the door, but I just recited the teachings of Falun Dafa. This continued for three hours, until midnight, when they found my son, who was a student in Linghe Town High School, and my younger brother, and brought them to the yard. Then, they broke the windows, climbed into my home, and dragged me to the local police station.

In the police station, they cuffed me to a chair, and took turns watching me. At 6pm of November 23, they put me in a police van. I realized that they were sending me to labor camp again. When I arrived at the city police station, the head of the political security department, whose surname was Dong, was already waiting there. Without going through any legal procedures, Dong, Song Shuling, and Wang Jiaming pushed me into the van and ordered that I be sent to the Jinan City Labor Camp of Shandong Province.

At the labor camp, I failed the health exam again. According to the rules I should not have been admitted to the labor camp. However, the three people who sent me there begged the doctor for the labor camp to accept me. The staff members of the labor camp made two phone calls to their supervisors, and both times, they were instructed to admit me. The three people then asked the doctor to give me a physical examination again. I told the doctor, "As a medical doctor, you should follow medical ethics, and act according to your conscience. Six days ago, they sent me to the Wangcun Labor Camp. Because I didn't pass the health exam, that labor camp did not accept me. This morning, I failed the exam again. Now they have asked for another examination. I hope you will not give in to their pressure, and will be honest." After another round of tests, the doctor decided that I should not be admitted to the labor camp because of my poor health. Therefore, these three people had to ask for yet another exam in the afternoon. After they finished their lunch, they dragged me back. Song said to me, "Li Xiuzhen, you are not cooperating with us. You will see how we shall punish you after going back!" At that time, Song's cell phone rang. After he finished phone call, he said to the driver: "Let's go back and talk to my friend in the editorial office of the Masses Daily newspaper."

When we got there, I saw a signboard that read "Shangdong Province Judicial Department." Song and Dong got out of the van and went into the building. After two hours, a young man come out and told Wang, "They went to the east side." They began conversing in very low voices. I then told that young man, "Falun Dafa is the righteous law of the universe. You are doing such a terrible thing against your conscience. That will not be allowed by the heavenly principles..." Before I finished my words, Wang shut the door of the van. At 6pm, they came back and waited for news at the door of the building. At that time, I was very calm, as I had nothing to fear.

Continuing their efforts to have me accepted by the labor camp, Song and Dong invited six people in charge of the matter to dinner in Tianquan Grand Restaurant. After finishing their dinner, they came back to the hotel and shouted at me, "For the past year, we have gone to Beijing many times in order to find you and escort you back. Even if we watch you day and night at home, we still couldn't keep you from going to Beijing. So now we have paid some bribes to send you to the labor camp." I was very calm, knowing that the Teacher was taking care of me.

On November 24, they visited with different officials for the whole day trying to bribe the people in charge to get me sentenced to the labor camp. At 7pm, they got a phone call telling them to send me directly to the labor camp. The staff members of the labor camp changed their attitude (apparently due to the effect of the bribery). They claimed that I was accepted to the labor camp because I had aroused the outrage of the people. At that time, Dong and Song grinned hideously. Dong said to me, "Li Xiuzhen, you should work hard to reform yourself, and try your best to get released as early as possible." I said, "Falun Dafa will rectify the world soon."

I was sent to the third team (there were a total of five teams). On that night, they told me to eat, and I refused. They then threatened to force-feed me if I refused to eat. So they dragged me upstairs. The doctor then asked me, "Are you going to eat?" I shook my head. They said, "Then let's force-feed her. There are plenty of methods."

The Teacher once said: The hearts of disciples are as hard as rocks. Even the demons will be scared upon seeing that. As a Falun Dafa practitioner, I will follow the Teacher and pass all the tests. These thugs force-fed me brutally. After that, they said, "Don't you feel terrible? We are not afraid of your not eating. Go back and think it over. If you do not eat tomorrow, we shall continue to force-feed you." After I went back to the detention room, they put me into an isolated cell, and played loud audio tapes in order to distract me. I kept reciting the teachings of Falun Dafa. On the second day, they ordered me to do forced labor. I refused to cooperate with them. They then cuffed me to the bed for a whole day. The guard warned me, "You want to get released by hunger striking. No way! Do not even think about it." I thought, "You are nothing. The Teacher is taking care of me. How could a Falun Dafa practitioner be moved by an everyday person?" The Teacher said, "No matter who is persecuting Dafa, he is a human fighting with gods. The final result is clear." They gave me medicine, and I refused. They then force-fed me the medicine. I thought: it will not have any effect. Although they force-fed me medicine twice a day, the doctor who measured my blood pressure kept shaking his head.

At 11pm on the 28th, they told me to pack my belongings. Then a staff member from the Political Security Office of the Police Department of Anqiu City (whose last name was Sun), and Wang Jiaming of the local police station sent me out. Wang said, "Li Xiuzhen is quite tough." The staff members of the labor camp and the doctor smiled, and said: "Li Xiuzhen is going home."

Thus, I was sent back to the township government, which sent me to the village government, which in turn sent me back to my home. I then continued to come out to tell people the truth of Falun Gong, fulfilling my wish of assisting Teacher in his Fa-rectification.

The Teacher said, "The actions they are now adopting in the persecution of Dafa and its practitioners are extremely wicked and shameful, and they fear these will be exposed. Their evilness must be made known to people around the world--this is also offering people salvation."

PS: Song Suling is a very cruel thug. In Beijing, he once beat two young female practitioners (one of them was unmarried) savagely. Then he used the head of a cigarette to burn the faces of these practitioners.

Compiled by practitioners in China