[Clearwisdom.net] Thirty-three-year old Xu Bing, female, was an employee of the Residential Registration Office of the Public Security Bureau of Kuiwen District, Weifang City, Shandong Province. She lived in the west building of the Residential Hall for city employees on Shengli Street.

Lou Aiqing, female, 34 years old, was an employee of the Bureau for Rural Business and Enterprise of Weifang City. She lived in the residential housing provided by her work place. Her husband Ji Jun was sent to a labor-education camp in October 2000 for sharing Falun Gong cultivation experiences with other practitioners and appealing for justice in Beijing.

Xu Bing and Lou Aiqing had been detained several times and dismissed from work for practicing Falun Gong. In October 2000, they were detained again for going to Beijing to ask the government for an end to the persecution of Falun Gong. Later, both were sentenced to 3 years of forced labor. Upon hearing this, Lou Aiqing had no other choice but to leave home in November. Xu Bing also left home in December after being detained by the Kuiwen District's "forced-transformation class for Falun Gong practitioners."

About 7 pm on December 20th, 2000, Xu and Lou were posting self-stick posters which read, "Falun Dafa Is Righteous," and, "Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance" in the city of Tsingdao (Qingdao), when they were caught by the police and arrested. The police used all sorts of harsh punishments in an attempt to make them confess their names and addresses, as well as the source of the materials they were posting. Finally, the police got the information on Dec. 22nd after severely torturing them. Later, the two were escorted from Qingdao back to Weifang and remained detained in the Kuiwen detention center.

On the morning of Dec. 23rd, Lou called home asking for some things for daily use. At that time, she was even making jokes with the kids on the phone, indicating that she was in a good mood and was well. That afternoon, her family sent the items she had requested.

Then, about 5 pm on Dec. 25th, the detention center called Lou's family saying that she had died 36 hours ago (at about 5AM on Dec. 24th). The next morning, her family arrived at the funeral chapel, only to discover the place filled with police. They also noticed that Lou had been given heavy makeup, and that her body was covered with injuries and wounds. Other people witnessed the police surrounding Lou's home, and even the kids were confined and prevented from going to school. Some vehicles going through the residential area were stopped by the police and the passengers were interrogated. Later, we learned the reason: Lou's family had taken pictures of her body, and the police put out a huge effort to find the film. The public security police threatened both her family and her employer. After the police surrounded and threatened her family for several hours, they had no other choice but to finally give up the film. On one hand, the public security agents hid the truth and tried to prevent it from getting out. On the other hand, they told people that Lou had died of a heart attack. They forced both families to agree to cremate the bodies immediately. Xu's 8-year-old boy and Lou's 11-year-old girl thus lost their mothers.

Xu Bing's body was cremated on Dec. 28th; Lou Aiqing's on Dec. 29th.

December 31, 2000