Jul. 1

At the end of 2008, Hulan Prison administration wanted to release Mr. Guo due to his poor health after long imprisonment. Several layers of authorities delayed his release until they were paid bribes by his family. Finally released in May 2009, Mr. Guo soon died.

Ms. Fang Min was arrested for the fourth time in 2008 and after a year of torture was recently released in critical condition.

In January 2009, Mr. Jiang Xiqing died under suspicious circumstances in Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City. He was quickly cremated. On May 13, 2009, when lawyers Mr. Zhang Kai, and Mr. Li Chunfu from Beijing were in the victim's home providing legal assistance with investigating the cause of Mr. Jiang's death, they were beaten, interrogated and detained by local police. Since then the family has been harassed in an effort to get them to drop the investigation.

Jul. 2

Ten years into a brutal persecutory campaign, it is not uncommon for multiple members of a single family to have been killed, tortured, or imprisoned. Mr. Li Min died at the age of 51, after being tortured and denied medical care at Daqing Prison. In 2007, Li's brother-in-law died in custody at a labor camp after being tortured. Li's wife is currently imprisoned in Harbin Women's Prison.

70-year-old Ms. Wu Shenghua was arrested June 8th and dead by June 16th.

Mr. Zhou Jingcheng, who worked at the Renminnanlu Feed Factory in Ningxiang County, Hunan Province, has been persecuted a total of ten times due to his belief in Falun Gong. He was illegally sentenced to prison, sent to a labor camp twice, and detained seven times. He has been tortured during these imprisonments. He is currently detained in Wangling Prison in You County, Hunan Province.

Jul. 3

Mr. Li Guochen was arrested by in March 2008 and put in the forced labor camp for one and half year. On June 8, 2009, Mr. Li was taken to Xinglongshan Brainwashing Center by the police and the 610 Office personnel on the same day that he was released from the forced labor camp.

Jul. 4

Mr. Lu died suddenly June 22, 2009. His family was told he died of 'heart disease', but they had not been previously informed of any such condition. Unlike many practitioners who have died in custody, his bruised body has not been cremated, and an investigation into the cause of death is still possible.

Ms. Zheng Cuixia died on April 28, 2009 after being subjected to heavy labor, brainwashing and torture at the Hantai District Detention Center.

Jul. 5

When Professor Zhang Xingwu was taken to the court for trail after being jailed for 260 days, his relative and friends were arrested and then were sentenced to 21 months of forced labor, because they requested to attend the hearing.

Clearwisdom.net and its Chinese-language sister-website (minghui.ca) provide first-hand reports about the horrors of the persecution of Falun Gong in China. Dozens of reports are received every day from the victims of torture, the wrongfully imprisoned, and families crippled by the senseless hardship and grief for their loved ones imposed by the persecution. In contrast, the websites also report positive news and events from the more than 80 countries around the world where Falun Gong is practiced, and serve as an online forum for practitioners to share stories of the good things Falun Gong has brought to their lives. For more information, please contact editor@clearwisdom.net.