(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Li Wenbo, 43, lived in Gucheng Village, Kunyang Town, Jinning County, in Kunming City, Yunnan Province. In February 2005, he was detained for promoting Falun Gong and exposing the persecution. He was sentenced to three years of forced labor and taken to the

Yunnan Province Second Forced Labor Camp on February 6, 2005. He suffered severely from the abuse inflicted upon him by the guards and inmates. As a result, he lost his eyesight, six of his front teeth were knocked out, and his left leg had at nine-inch-long scar.

Below is a partial description of the abuse to which he was subjected.

While detained in the Fourth Team of the labor camp, he refused to admit to any and all of the fabricated charges and refused to comply with the unreasonable requirements of the labor camp. The guards and inmates pulled him into the yard, where they pinched his neck, hit him about the mouth, held him to the ground, trampled on him, and lifted his feet while holding down his head. The guards and inmates tormented him like this whenever it was time for roll call, which was in the morning, at noon, and at night.

In early September 2005, his right leg was injured when he was trampled. His temperature went as high as 112 degrees and his hemogram reached 27,000. He was taken to a hospital for treatment. The labor camp notified his family that same night. His family asked that he be release for medical treatment, but their request was denied. After his family members left, Li Wenbo and Huang Haidong, controlling inmates from Luquan County, prohibited him from falling asleep or doing the exercises. They pinched his neck, slapped him, and pulled him out of bed onto the ground to torment him. This abuse lasted for a week.

In the labor camp bathrooms, he was frequently beaten until his mouth bled. On January 13, 2006, he was beaten and injured by Huang Haidong. That night he experienced double vision. On the night of January 20, 2006, Shi Huailin found out that Mr. Li was practicing the exercises, so Shi and the controlling inmates beat Mr. Li. Afterwards, he pulled him into the entrance of the yard, where a group of guards beat him. Mr. Li shouted loudly, "Falun Dafa is good. Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good." The guards and inmates then sealed his mouth with duct tape. Then guard Yuan Xiangjun kicked him and said, "Did you die? Stretch out your leg." Hu Wenchang, director of the Fourth Team, told Shi Huailin to notify Mr. Li's family that Mr. Li had committed suicide. Then Mr. Li pushed away the tape with his tongue and shouted out, "Hu Wenchang is trying to kill me and calling it suicide!"

On February 24, 2006, the guards and inmates swore at and beat him again. He was pushed to the ground and pulled along a brick-paved surface by his hands, and was then rolled into the sewer. Later, they took him out and beat him, covered him with a straw mat, and kicked his body and head. He was then put in muddy water to soak. After that, they dragged him into a cave dwelling where he was scorched.

Mr. Li tried to rush out of the dwelling again and again but was thrown back inside by the guards and inmates. Later they placed him in a cart and took him to a ditch that was used for making mud bricks, poured water over him, and left him there.

On March 8, 2006, Mr. Li was beaten by guards Li Wu and Huang Haidong until his mouth bled. As a result, he had difficulty sleeping lying down, so he slept sitting up.

Qiu Kaiming, chief of the Admonishment Section, along with a group of thugs, beat Mr. Li three times. During one of the beatings, Mr. Li fainted. After he regained consciousness, they continued beating him. Qiu Kaiming also filled his mouth with soil.

At midnight on January 1, 2007, Shi Huailin and other controlling inmates beat Mr. Li to the point that his face was bloodstained and his teeth were loosened. On August 7, 2007, he was again beaten by Shi Huailin, and three of his teeth were knocked out as a result.

On August 21, 2008, he was transferred to the Third Team. On April 1, 2008, he was transferred to the First Team. He was also frequently pulled into the restroom where he was beaten and his head was pushed into the toilet.