Over Ten Falun Gong Practitioners in Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province Sent to Forced Labor Camps or Sentenced in 2008
(Clearwisdom.net) Officials in Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province continue to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. In 2008, over ten practitioners were sent to forced labor camps or sentenced to prison. The details are as follows:
1. Ms. Qi Xinping is about 50 years old. She is an employee of the Xingshan District Government office in Hegang City. The day before the Olympics started, she was arrested by officers from Xingan District Police Department and was tortured. They shocked her using electric batons. The Xingan District Procuratorate and Court committed crimes and sentenced Ms. Qi Xinping to seven years in prison.
2. In December 2008, practitioner Mr. Zhao Fuqiang was sentenced to three years by Nanshan District Court. Ms. Ji Fangrong was sentenced to seven years by Nanshan District Court. The trial was held on November 27, 2008 in the Nanshan District Court. Mr. Tang Jitian, a lawyer from Beijing, defended Mr. Zhao Fuqiang and received applause in court. However, the Nanshan District Procuratorate and Court still unjustly sentenced the two practitioners.
3. Mr. Di Huibin is about 40 years old. He was dismissed from his workplace, Hegang City Construction Bank, for practicing Falun Gong. In 2002, he was sentenced to five years in prison. After he was released, he was harassed several times by officers of the Industrial and Agricultural Police Department and the Wenhua Road Police Substation. On August 7, 2008, he was again arrested by officers of the Xingan District Police Department. At the end of 2008, he was sent to the Suihua Forced Labor Camp for two years and is still detained there.
4. Mr. Gong Guidong, Mr. Zhao Xizeng and Ms. Wang Qinghua were arrested during the Olympics. They were sent to Suihua Forced Labor Camp or Harbin City.
5. Ms. Ren Xiuyun is about 40 years old. In January 2008, she was sentenced to one year after being arrested by officers of the Industrial and Agricultural Police Department. She is currently detained and persecuted at the First Detention Center of Hegang City.
6. Mr. Sun Shihong is about 40 years old. During the Olympics, he was sent to the Suihua Forced Labor Camp by the Xingan District Police Department and is still currently detained there.
7. Ms. Wang Lizhen is about 50 years old. She was sent to the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp by the Xingshan District Police during the Olympics and is still being detained and persecuted there.
8. Mr. Ding Jiwang is about 50 years old. He used to work at Hegang City Television Station. He was arrested by officers of Xingshan District Police Department during the Olympics and sent to the Suihua Forced Labor Camp. He is still detained there to date.