(Clearwisdom.net) Below is a partial report of the persecution of Falun Gong in Yueyang City, Hunan Province.

Domestic Security Division officers from the Lou District of Yueyang City, including Jiang Chao, Fu Wei, Tang Jianmin, and Liu Xiaoping, along with Xie Wei and several others from Jine Police Station in the same district, arrested Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Sun Pinghua. He is an employee of the Yueyang Nitrogen Fertilizer Factory. The arrest took place at work at 10:00 a.m. on March 18, 2008. They took him to the Dongting Hotel, where they interrogated him.

The next day they began torturing him, forcing his left arm over his shoulder and his right arm against his lower back. The police then applied a great deal of force to pull the two hands together and handcuffed them. They also beat him. Because he refused to renounce his belief, the police grabbed his left hand and suddenly jerked it upward, instantly tearing tendons and permanently disabling his left arm below the elbow. A transfer to the Yueyang City Detention Center followed, all the while denying him treatment.

Several months later Sun Pinghua was finally taken to the No. 1 People's Hospital. The diagnosis was a severe stress injury in the left elbow. If Sun does not recover within six months, he may need an amputation.

The police fabricated charges against Sun and submitted a document to the local Procuratorate, in an attempt to sentence him to prison. The case was rejected for lack of evidence. The police then sent him to the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Changsha City on August 12, 2008.

During this period, Sun's mother, who is in her seventies, visited almost all local government agencies, beseeching official after official on her son's behalf. She has still not seen him since the arrest. Her husband suffers from heart disease. The family has kept the information from him to protect his health.

Sun's wife and daughter saw him for the first time at the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp on August 18. His weight has dropped from 85 kg (187 lbs) to 50 kg (110 lbs), and his hollowed cheeks and pallid appearance were a mere shadow of his robust former self, rendering him nearly unrecognizable.

His mother was held outside of the meeting room because she forgot to bring her ID. The authorities ignored her pleas and wouldn't even let her stand in a far corner to look at her son from a distance.

Guards at the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp responsible for persecuting Falun Gong include Liu Xiongwen, Li Yue, Mao Wei, Hu Qifeng, Xiong Ying, He Jun, Wu Xiaofeng, Zeng Jiangang, Wu Biao, Luo Junhua, Wen Ruyi, Chen Dayong, Su Yi, Xiao Qiang, Zou Shixiong, Shi Meng, Duan Songhua, Chang Qing, Li Sujun, and Wu Bing.

Ms. Zhou Aimei, 62, is a Yueyang local who worked for the Kangshen Pharmaceutical Co. in the city. Jiang Chao, Tang Jianmin, Li Yonghui, and some others from the Lou District Police Department's Domestic Security Division arrested her at her home and confiscated all of her Falun Gong books on the evening of March 20, 2004. They interrogated her for five days at the Retired Cadres Hotel in Yueyang City. Her work unit later posted bail for her release.

Li and other officials from Jinpen Police Department in Yueyang City arrested Ms. Zhou again on June 1, 2004, and held her at Rongjiawan Detention Center in Yueyang County for one month. They extorted 400 yuan from her as a "food fee." In October 2006, four officials, including Li Qiliang and Zhao Wenhua from the Junshan District Police Department's Domestic Security Division, and Ji Guanyi from Yueyang City Police Department Domestic Security Division, took part in yet another arrest. After 13 hours of interrogation, they took her to the Hubin Custody Center and detained her there for 15 days.

Someone reported Ms. Zhou on May 31, 2008, as she was exposing lies hatched against Falun Gong to members of the public in Sanjiaoxian, the Lou District. Four officers from Luxianting Police Station in the Lou District arrested her and interrogated her for six hours and subsequently held her at the Hubin Custody Center for ten days.

Ms. Wang Taoying, 72, a Yueyang local, was diagnosed with terminal-stage stomach cancer in 1997. The doctor told her that she had three months to live. She began practicing Falun Gong when all other options had been exhausted. Miraculously, the tumor disappeared and her health was restored after two months. She went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong on December 21, 1999. The police intercepted her at the Beijing Train Station and arrested her because she refused to curse Falun Gong's founder. They held her in a basement on Changhou Street in Beijing for four days and confiscated 300 yuan in cash that she carried with her, before they compelled officials from her workplace to take her back.

Her bosses withheld about 1,000 yuan of her salary in retaliation. Four officials from the Jine Police Station in the Lou District, including Ouyang Hua and Jiang Zejun, arrested her at her home in January 2001 and held her at Yueyang City Detention Center for more than three months. They extorted 1,000 yuan from her as a "ransom fee," in addition to a 1,200 yuan "food fee." While in detention, guard Huang Jiao slapped her face, and the officials force-fed her.

Six officials, including Ouyang Hua, Jiang Zejun, and Song from the Jine Police Station, along with Ju Zhi and Zhao Wenhua from the Junshan District Domestic Security Division, arrested her at home yet again in May 2001. They incarcerated her at Yueyang City Detention Center for more than three months until she developed symptoms of a critical illness. Her family took her home on a stretcher after being extorted out of 1,000 yuan. Eight officials, including Ouyang Hua, Jiang Zejun, Song from the Jine Police Station and Yu Zhihe, Zhao Wenhua and Li Qiliang from the Junshan District Domestic Security Division, arrested her at home in October 2001 and held her at the Rongjiawan Detention Center for 41 days.

Ms. Guo Shujie, 51, a factory worker and a Yueyang local, left home for Beijing to petition for Falun Gong on December 26, 2000. Plainclothes agents arrested her in Wuhan. Xiao Xiaofan and several others from the Yuehua Police Department took her back to Yuehua and interrogated her for three days, followed by a three-month incarceration at the Changling Detention Center. After that, she was subjected to 14 days of nonstop propaganda sessions at the Yuehua Brainwashing Center. She was extorted out of 3,120 yuan, 300 yuan of which was paid in Wuhan and 2,820 yuan in Yuehua.

Ms. Liu Yuelan, 61, persevered in her belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and went to Beijing in early 2000. The police arrested her in Tiananmen Square and held her in a Beijing detention facility for four days. Officials from the Luowang Police Station picked her up and took her back to Yueyang, where they immediately put her into the Yueyang Women's Labor Camp for two months. During this time they savagely force-fed her with complete disregard for her life and well being. They released her only when she was near death.

Tang Jianmin from the Lou District Domestic Security Division, Yan from Jine Police Station, and several others arrested her at her home on January 21, 2003. They ransacked the residence and took some Falun Gong books and pictures depicting Falun Gong's founder. They interrogated her for 24 hours at the Ruifeng Hotel and held her at the Yueyang City Detention Center for more than four months. They force-fed her and tortured her until she was blind in her right eye. They also extorted 1,400 yuan from her for "living expenses."

Ms. Wu Lanying, 70, and her husband Huang Yingduan, 75, went to the city Office of Appeals on December 22, 1999, to explain to the authorities the benefits they experienced from Falun Gong practice. They were told to sit and wait. Little did they know that in the meantime, petition officials phoned the police and their employers. The couple refused to cooperate with any of the officials and went back home. However, several officers from Wuli Police Station in the Lou District and three officials from the Highway Bureau broke into their home minutes after they stepped in the door. They took the couple to the police station, photographed and fingerprinted them. They were held at Hubin Custody Center for 15 days and were extorted out of 600 "yuan" for a "food fee."

Ms. Wang Liping, 44, set off for Beijing on January 1, 2000. Officials from the Baishiling Police Department intercepted her at the Yueyang Train Station. After 24 hours of interrogation, they sent her to the Yueyang City Detention Center for 11 days, and later to the Changling Detention Center, where she was held for one day. She was extorted out of 3,000 yuan and her employers bailed her out.