(Clearwisdom.net) Over the past nine years of persecution, practitioner Ms. Shi Yuping, a resident of Xizhou Village in Tianjin City, has been imprisoned several times because of her practice of Falun Gong. On January 25, 2003, while she was visiting her parents, she was arrested in the Dawang Village Barber Shop by officers from the Douzhangzhuang Township Police Station. She was illegally detained for a month. On December 18, 2007, as M. Shi was returning home on Gaowang Street and clarifying the truth, she was arrested by officers from the Douzhangzhuang Township Police Station and the Wuqing District No. 3 Criminal Investigation Section. She was "illegally detained" for two weeks.

On January 3, 2008, Ms. Shi was released. On the afternoon of the same day, officers from the Douzhangzhuang Township Police Station and the Chenzui Police Station went to her home with the intent of arresting her again. One month later, at around 7:00 p.m. on February 3, 2008, half a dozen officers from the Wuqing District No. 3 Criminal Investigation Section and the Douzhangzhuang Township Police Station scaled the wall around Ms. Shi's yard, arrested her from her dinner table, and imprisoned her in the local detention center.

Recently Ms. Shi, age 62, was secretly sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison after she was detained in the Wuqing Detention Center for more than a year. She has been imprisoned since February 2, 2007. All family visit requests have been denied by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) authorities.

It was reported that Ms. Shi fainted in court during the secret trial back in early March. She later asked to see her family, but the director of the detention center ignored her requests and said that visitation could only be arranged after the trial. Ms. Shi's family has been worried about her health. She used to have breast cancer, heart disease, a cervical vertebra bone spur, and other health problems. After practicing Falun Dafa, all these ailments disappeared. Her children worry that she might suffer a relapse in the detention center, so they went to the detention center but were not allowed to visit. Detention center Director Zhao Guoquan (male) and guard Li Yanli (female) claimed that Ms. Shi was in good health.

On July 10, 2008, Shi Yuping's family went to the detention center again. The guards said that she had been transferred the week before. When the family called the director, the director said, "The court sentenced her to three-and-a-half-years in prison. Ms. Shi Yuping appealed the sentence. She was sent to the Tianjin City Detention Center, and we have nothing to do with her now." The family drove to the Tianjin City Detention Center. They inquired about Ms. Shi at the reception desk. A guard on duty simply responded, "I do not know." After the family begged for him to look her up, the guard nonchalantly answered, "Rules from the top: we do not give any information about anyone locked up in here." Anther guard asked what kind of case it was. When he heard that it was Falun Gong-related, he told them not to ask any more, that orders were from the top, that he did not know and was not allowed to say anything. He said that the city's 610 Office was in charge of the case, and that they should go home.

610 Office, Wuqing District: 86-22-82138667
Political and Judiciary Committee, Wuqing District: 86-22-82138637
Miao Hongwei (male), director of Wuqing District Police Department: 86-22-82179988 (Home)
Domestic Security Section: 86-22-82167128
Zhao Guoquan, director of Quqing Detention Center: 86-22-82179218

July 13, 2008