On the afternoon of July 7, 2008, Mr. He Changlong from Chaluhe Township in Yongji County, Jilin Province, was arrested at his home by Wang Shuxiang, the leader of the Domestic Security Brigade from Yongji County. Altogether, 10 people assisted in the arrest, including Guo Laiguang, President of the Chaluhe Police Sub-Bureau, and police officers Li Xiuwen, Zhang Zhiwei, and Li Zhe. They also ransacked his home. His son, who had just graduated from high school, was also arrested.

Mr. He, 47 years old, used to be a noodle product distributor. Mr. He began to practice Falun Gong in 1998. Before then, he used to drink, and he was ill-tempered. In addition, he used to have a strange ailment. When it flared up, half of his head would hurt and the eye on that side turned red. Later he was diagnosed with pre-cerebral hemorrhage that would progress to amyotrophy for half of his body. His family went all over looking for a cure in vain. Through practicing Falun Gong he managed to get rid of his bad habits, his disease was cured, and his family lived a harmonious existence.

When the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) began to persecute Falun Gong in July 1999, Mr. He went to the provincial government building in order to clarify the truth about the persecution. As a result, people from the Chaluhe Township government and the police sub-bureau went to his home to harass him. They ransacked his home and arrested him.

On December 24, 2000, personnel from Chaluhe Township government teamed up with police sub-bureau officers and arrested Mr. He at his home. He was taken to a brainwashing center at the Yongji County Detention Center and was held there for one month.

Only seven days after his release, officers from Chaluhe Police Sub-Bureau and officials from the Chaluhe Township government, five people in total, came in a police vehicle and broke into his home. They deceived Mr. He, his wife, his sister, and his sister-in-law into going to the police station by saying that they just wanted to talk to them. Instead they were forced to hand over 2,000 yuan each to be released. Mr. He refused to give them money so he was detained at the brainwashing center at Yongji County Detention Center again. He was not released for 45 days. During that time his mother, who was over 70 and had difficulty walking, was left in the home with a 12-year-old.

In the middle of the night on April 24, 2002, about a dozen officers from the Chaluhe Police Sub-Bureau and Chaluhe Township government officials broke into Mr. He's home. After they ransacked his home, they attempted to arrest Mr. He, but he managed to escape with righteous thoughts.

One morning in April 2003 when Mr. He was at the supermarket, agents from Chaluhe Township Police Station arrested him and took him to Wanchang Township Police Station in Yongji County, where he was illegally detained for one evening.

On the afternoon of July 7, 2008, while Mr. He was at home, the leader of the Domestic Security Brigade, Wang Shixiang; Guo Laigang, head of Chaluhe Police Sub-Bureau; and police officers Li Xiuwen, Zhang Zhiwei, and Li Zhi ransacked his home and arrested him. Mr. He and his son were arrested and taken to the Chaluhe Police Sub-Bureau. Wang Shuxiang and another two police officers transferred Mr. He at 9:30 p.m. to the Kouqian Detention Center. His son returned home around 9:40 p.m.

Mr. He and his son were both detained at the police bureau for nearly 10 hours. Police officers ransacked his home and confiscated a satellite dish, antenna, Teacher's Fa lecture tapes, and two bottles of ink. Because he was purposefully looking for more "evidence" so that they could press heavier charges against him, Wang Shixiang claimed that the ink, which is used for writing Chinese calligraphy, was used for a printer. His 20-year-old son, also a high school graduate, and a senior over 80-years-old are alone now and having a difficult time.

Through practicing Falun Dafa, practitioner He came to understand the principle of being kind to others. On the street where he used to do business, there was no public washroom, so he let people use the washroom in his home for free. He also allowed people that worked on his street to keep their tools in his home at night. He has always been helpful to others. It is troubling that such a good person has been subjected to so much persecution by his local government and police bureau.