(Clearwisdom.net) On March 9, 2004, Falun Dafa practitioners from Anshan City, Mr. Yang Kezhi and Mr. Wang Hongnan, were both imprisoned in Nanguanling Prison in Dalian City. They were first detained in the New Inmate Ward.

Mr. Wang Hongnan was assigned to the Fifth Ward in 2005. He went on a hunger strike to protest, and he was punitively force-fed with heavily salted gruel. Once, because he sat down on the sofa when the warden wanted to talk to him, the director ordered a prisoner to beat him. They found him in very bad health and took him to be checked, but the doctor said he was fine. He still did not feel well, and his condition worsened. They then took him to do a physical check-up again and found that his lungs had deteriorated. He died shortly afterwards (see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/3/14/83506.html ).

Mr. Yang Kezhi was assigned to the Seventh Ward, which is the "Strict Control Ward," on March 12, 2004. The next day, Warden Xu Hongwen had a talk with Mr. Yang. When Mr. Yang refused to do labor, Xu shocked him with two electric batons. Guard Lin Lianzheng also joined in shocking him repeatedly. Then Warden Wang Xingmin slapped Mr. Yang and shocked him for nearly one hour. Blood sprayed from Mr. Yang's nose, and they had to re-paint the wall to cover the stain.

Mr. Yang Kezhi is one of the Falun Dafa practitioners who was taken to Nanguanling Prison relatively early on. His freedom was harshly restricted, he was not allowed to talk to anyone, and he was monitored by four prisoners. In the first four months after Mr. Yang Kezhi entered the Seventh Ward, he was brutally beaten four times, and his front teeth became loose from the beatings. He went on a hunger strike twice. The first time, he was on hunger strike for three days and started eating after the Prison Administration agreed to not force him to do labor. His nose and upper lip still have burn scars to this day from the shocks.

On January 3, 2005, new warden Han Zhenquan wanted to talk to Mr. Yang Kezhi and would not allow him to sleep before 1 a.m. for three days. Starting on January 6, 2005, he arranged for prisoners to take turns torturing Mr. Yang by forcing him to spin repeatedly within a small circle drawn on the floor for long periods of time. Mr. Yang vomited the next day due to this torture, but he still had to spin, from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., every day. Then they forced Mr. Yang to stand in the corner and did not allow him to sleep for 48 hours, and after that he was only allowed to sleep for four hours. After two days, they forced him to bend and spin repeatedly on a piece of brick, and he was not allowed to even lean over to rest. They did not allow Mr. Yang to close his eyes or use the toilet. This torture lasted until 4 a.m. on January 24, 2005. During these 20 days of torture, Mr. Yang's eyesight was damaged, he wore out three pairs of socks, and his heels were injured; his lower back is still in pain to this day.

Warden Wang Xingmin: Police ID 2124109, or 2124209
Xu Hongwen: 86-13394119238 (Cell), ID: 2124238, or 2124328
Han Zhenquan: 86-13394119678, ID: 2124X20
Lin Lianren: ID: 2124069