Additional Persecution News from China - January 28, 2008 (28 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 19 cities and counties in 6 provinces. In this report, 19 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 42 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrests of Several Practitioners
- [Hebei Province] Persecution of Practitioners in the Shijiazhuang City Women's Prison
- [Beijing] Police Ransack the Jinkui Decoration Company in the Chaoyang District
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] The Persecution of Ms. Fu Shaozhen
- [Beijing] Personnel from the Baizifang Police Station and from the National Security Division Arrested Mr. Jiao Jian on January 23, 2008
- [Cangzhou City, Hebei Province] Wang Xiaohua Arrested, Her Two Children Are Left Home Alone
- [Beijing] Li Wenfeng Arrested, Peng Bin Lives in Exile
- [Hebei Province] Zhao Xueying Facing Illegal Trial
- [Yi County, Liaoning Province] Wang Lixin Arrested and Beaten - Belated News
- [Dingzhou City, Hebei Province] 610 Office Agents Ordered Zhao Jinru's Family to Pay 30,000 Yuan, but Did Not Release Ms. Zhao
- [Shenzhou City, Hebei Province] Five Practitioners Sentenced
- [Hebei Province] Zhao Shikun's Spleen Ruptured from Torture
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Four Practitioners Including Yao Shuzhi Detained in the Lianzhushan Detention Center in Mishan City
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Two Practitioners Arrested
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Zheng Xiaoqiang and Others Arrested
- [Anda City, Heilongjiang Province] Zhao Jingxin Arrested
- [Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Three Practitioners Arrested and Sentenced - Belated News
- [Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province] Dai Hongmei Missing Since 1999
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Wei Peiling Facing Illegal Trial
- [Hailin City, Heilongjiang Province] Li Zhuying and Chu Xiuling Arrested
- [Beijing] Zhao Shuqin Arrested
- [Beijing] Fourteen Practitioners Arrested
- [Beijing] Police Arrest Ms. Wang Liyun and Mr. Wang Changhai from Tongzhou County for Distributing Truth-Clarification Materials
- [Fujin City, Heilongjiang Province] Tian Guangming and His Wife Persecuted in the Xiangyangchuan Town Police Station
- [Huanren County, Liaoning Province] Wang Renqiu's Whereabouts Unknown
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Police Harass Practitioners
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Persecute Practitioners
- [Hebei Province] Supplemental Information Regarding Arrests of Practitioners in Langfang City
1. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrests of Several Practitioners
Special agents from the National Security Division broke into a teacher's home in Yuquan Town, the Acheng District on the night of January 24, 2008. They arrested Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Wu Yanchun, Mr. Ren Zhongde and a teacher surnamed Sun and confiscated their cellular phones.
Police followed Mr. Guo Gang from the Dongli District and arrested him the afternoon of January 25, 2008. They also arrested a practitioner who happened to visit Mr. Guo. The police ransacked Mr. Guo's home and later ransacked Mr. Sun Cheng's home in Sheli Township, the Acheng District and confiscated some truth-clarification materials. They also arrested a practitioner who was visiting Mr. Sun.
The police broke into the home of a practitioner surnamed Xie in the Acheng District's Terylene Factory and arrested Xie the early morning of January 26, 2008. They confiscated Xie's cell phone and other personal belongings.
2. [Hebei Province] Persecution of Practitioners in the Shijiazhuang City Women's Prison
Approximately 80 or 90 practitioners, the oldest being 70 years old, are presently held at the Shijiazhuang Women's Prison. They were sentenced from two to fourteen years in prison. Those practitioners who refuse to write the "four statements" (similar to the three statements) are forbidden to have visitors or make phone calls to their families.
3. [Beijing] Police Ransack the Jinkui Decoration Company in the Chaoyang District
Police ransacked the Jinkui Decoration Company at Heizhuanghu Village in the Chaoyang District, Beijing on January 24, 2008. All practitioners and non-practitioners alike working there were arrested. About ten non-practitioner employees were released on January 26, 2008, but the whereabouts of ten others, including several practitioners, are unknown.
4. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] The Persecution of Ms. Fu Shaozhen
Personnel from the Nanhu Police Station arrested 64-year-old Ms. Fu Shaozhen on December 25, 2007.
On January 14, 2008, a policeman surnamed Du and a driver went to Ms. Fu's daughter's home and ordered her to open the door. When Ms. Fu's daughter refused, they deceived Ms. Fu's son-in-law to go to the Nanhu Police Station. The police took him back home later and ransacked the place. They confiscated one of Master's pictures, a Falun emblem and several small posters reading "Truth-Compassion-Tolerance."
5. [Beijing] Personnel from the Baizifang Police Station and from the National Security Division Arrested Mr. Jiao Jian on January 23, 2008
6. [Cangzhou City, Hebei Province] Wang Xiaohua Arrested, Her Two Children Are Left Home Alone
Ten policemen headed by Gong Jingwen from the Dongguang County Police Department's Domestic Security Division in Cangzhou City broke into Ms. Wang Xiaohua's home at 9:00 a.m. on January 18, 2008. They arrested her and confiscated some personal belongings. Ms. Wang and her two young children lead difficult lives because her husband has passed away. Now her two children are left home alone.
7. [Beijing] Li Wenfeng Arrested, Peng Bin Lives in Exile
Police arrested Mr. Li Wenfeng and ransacked Mr. Peng Bin's Crystal Processing Factory on January 25, 2008. They found nothing related to Falun Gong. The persecutors assigned a few police officers to stay in the factory to arrest more practitioners. Mr. Peng is living in exile in order to avoid further persecution and arrest.
8. [Hebei Province] Zhao Xueying Facing Illegal Trial
Personnel from the 610 Office and from the police department in Hejian City held Ms. Zhao Xueying, a teacher at the city's No. 2 Middle School, for more than a year. Ms. Zhao suddenly went into a coma a week ago. They not only refused to release her, but declared that they plan to sentence her to prison.
Ms. Zhao's mother and sister, and her 6-year-old daughter went to the police department to request Ms. Zhao's release on January 23, 2008. The Domestic Security Division chief treated them ruthlessly. He brutally pushed the 70-year-old mother to the ground, and a policeman dragged her away. Ms. Zhao' sister tried to stop the atrocity, but several police officers including Liu Chunyang beat and kicked her. The police said they planned to put the mother and sister in a detention center.
9. [Yi County, Liaoning Province] Wang Lixin Arrested and Beaten - Belated News
Mr. Wang Lixin and two other practitioners were distributing Falun Gong truth-clarification materials on October 12, 2001, when personnel from the Jiudaoling Town Police Station in Yi County, Liaoning Province arrested them and took them to the town's police station. Four policemen beat Mr. Wang for one-and-a-half hours and extorted 300 yuan from him.
10. [Dingzhou City, Hebei Province] 610 Office Agents Ordered Zhao Jinru's Family to Pay 30,000 Yuan, but Did Not Release Ms. Zhao
Dingzhou City 610 Office agents ordered Ms. Zhao Jinru's family in Liujia Village to pay 30,000 yuan in order to secure her release. However, they not only did not release Ms. Zhao, they also refused family visits.
11. [Shenzhou City, Hebei Province] Five Practitioners Sentenced
Shenzhou City Court agents sentenced five practitioners on January 25, 2008 but did not announce the sentences. The practitioners are Ms. Zhang Yun, Ms. Zhang Zhimei, Ms. Li Xiaolan, Ms. Wang Qinghui and Ms. Lu Xiaoli.
12. [Hebei Province] Zhao Shikun's Spleen Ruptured from Torture
Mr. Zhao Shikun, 28, is from Beizhaozhuang Village, Weiqiao Town, Shenzhou City. He was arrested in the Shenzhou Square Incident on January 3, 2008. Personnel from the city's detention center savagely beat him. His spleen was ruptured and had to be removed. Mr. Zhao is still in Room 9 on the Second Floor of the Orthopedic Surgery Department of the county hospital. The police are monitoring him around the clock.
13. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Four Practitioners Including Yao Shuzhi Detained in the Lianzhushan Detention Center in Mishan City
Political Security Section Chief Chen Xiangjun and several officers from the 8511 Farm Police Department arrested Ms. Yao Shuzhi and Ms. Liu Guihua at 10:00 a.m. on January 25, 2008. The arrest took place when the practitioners were talking about Falun Gong in Xilong Village, Longtou Town, Baoqing County.
Four policemen led by the farm's No. 24 Group Chief Chen Ziyou arrested Mr. Liu Qiliang and Mr. Lu Jiwen the afternoon of January 25, 2008.
Ms. Yao and Mr. Lu were taken to the town police station, and Ms. Liu Guihua and Mr. Liu Qiliang were brought to the farm's police department. The four practitioners have since been placed in the Lianzhushan Detention Center in Mishan City.
Chen Ziyou, 8511 Farm No.24 Group chief: 86-467-5086617
8511 Farm Police Department's Duty Office: 86-467-5085260, 86-467-5085200
14. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Two Practitioners Arrested
Ms. Lu Xueqin and a practitioner surnamed Wang from the Shuiqinggou Community in Qingdao City were arrested the afternoon of January 26, 2008. They may be detained at the Liaoyuan Street Police Station.
15. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Zheng Xiaoqiang and Others Arrested
Mr. Zheng Xiaoqiang, director of the Henghe Aluminium Company in Qingdao City, was arrested from his workplace on January 26, 2008. Mr. Zheng's 65-year-old mother, an employee and the employee's 10-year-old child were arrested also, but their whereabouts are unknown. Ms. Lu from the Shuiqinggou Area in the Sifang District was also arrested that same day.
16. [Anda City, Heilongjiang Province] Zhao Jingxin Arrested
Police officers, including Liu Yingshan from Anda City, arrested Mr. Zhao Jingxin, a teacher from the Wool Spinning Factory's Affiliated School, on January 26, 2008. They ransacked his home and confiscated a copy of Zhuan Falun, one of Master's pictures and some personal belongings. Mr. Zhao is currenlty being held at the city detention center.
Detention Center: 86-455-7333879
Liu Yingshan: 86-13936895007
17. [Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Three Practitioners Arrested and Sentenced - Belated News
Ms. Yan Shufen, her sister Ms. Yan Shuhua, and her mother Ms. Wang Lili from Anqing Village, Shuangcheng Town, Shuangcheng City were arrested and sentenced to 14, 13, and 12 years in prison, respectively. They have currently been held more than five years.
18. [Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province] Dai Hongmei Missing Since 1999
Ms. Dai Hongmei from Chengshan Village, Hongwei Township, Qitaihe City went missing after she appealed for justice for Falun Gong in Beijing on July 20, 1999. Her family has looked for her everywhere, but her whereabouts are still unknown.
19. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Wei Peiling Facing Illegal Trial
Yuexiu District Court agents planned to sentence Ms. Wei Peiling from Guangzhou City at 9:00 a.m. on January 30, 2008. The charge: Ms. Wei had read, stored and distributed the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party.
20. [Hailin City, Heilongjiang Province] Li Zhuying and Chu Xiuling Arrested
Police arrested Ms. Li Zhuying and Ms. Chu Xiuling the night of January 26 when they were distributing Falun Gong truth-clarification materials. The practitioners are now being held at the No. 2 Police Station in Hailin City. Police also arrested Ms. Chu's son and ransacked her home.
Song Yumin, National Security Division chief: 86-13009791298 (C),
86-453-7336551 (H), 86-453-7336750, 86-453-7222918
Jin Haizhu, a policeman in the Domestic Security Division: 86-13704832122, 86-453-7336520, 86-453-7233137
Sun Qingrui, No. 2 Police Station: 86-13009898933, 86-453-7222877, 86-453-7336755
21. [Beijing] Zhao Shuqin Arrested
Personnel from the Dongcheng Police Station in the Chongwen District of Beijing arrested Ms. Zhao Shuqin, her husband Mr. Yang Tiejun, her son Mr. Yang Moyu and sister-in-law Ms. Yang Junmei at 9:00 a.m. on January 24, 2008. Her husband was released at 6:00 p.m. that same day. Police ransacked Ms. Zhao's home and her workplace and confiscated a Honda car.
22. [Beijing] Fourteen Practitioners Arrested
Fourteen practitioners from the Shunyi District were arrested between October and December 2007. They are Mr. Xu Chenzao, Ms. Zhang Ziyun, Mr. Shi Qingwen and his wife Ms. Yao, Ms. Zhang Xiuying, Ms. He Xiulan, 50-year-old Ms. Wang Chunjie, 50-year-old Ms. Zhu Qingling, Ms. Jiang Huiping, Ms. Zhou Suqin, Ms. Sun Hualing, Ms. Cai Changhe, and the Mr. Li Xinqiao couple. Ms. Zhu Qingling was sentenced to two years of forced labor.
23. [Beijing] Police Arrest Ms. Wang Liyun and Mr. Wang Changhai from Tongzhou County for Distributing Truth-Clarification Materials
24. [Fujin City, Heilongjiang Province] Tian Guangming and His Wife Persecuted in the Xiangyangchuan Town Police Station
Xiangyangchun Town Police Station Chief Yue Yong led three officers to break into Mr. Tian Guangming's home at 3:00 p.m. on January 25, 2008. They arrested him and his wife Ms. Yu Guangrong and ransacked their home. They confiscated several Falun Gong books, more than ten copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party and 50 yuan in cash. The couple is being held at the Fujin City Detention Center.
25. [Huanren County, Liaoning Province] Wang Renqiu's Whereabouts Unknown
Police from Huanren County recently transferred Mr. Wang Renqiu to an unknown location.
26. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Police Harass Practitioners
Seven police officers from the Quiwen District broke into Ms. Tan Yongjiao's home and ransacked the place at 10:00 a.m. on November 8, 2007. Police officer Gu Zhiyong pushed Ms. Tan onto a sofa, and other policemen confiscated Dafa books, a television set and two satellite receivers used to view New Tang Dynasty TV programs. In addition, they also ransacked her workplace.
27. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Persecute Practitioners
Police from Shuangyashan City have used various means to persecute practitioners. They have ordered cleaning personnel to damage truth-clarification materials distributed by practitioners. They offer monetary rewards to encourage people who do not know the truth about Falun Gong to report practitioners, and anyone reporting a practitioner will be given an 800-yuan reward. They organize housewives to monitor and follow practitioners, and pay them 400 yuan per month. They offer bonuses to entice police officers to arrest practitioners. A policeman who arrests a practitioner is supposed to get a 500-yuan bonus. The police also organize students to tear down Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials.
Xiangyang Police Station Chief Tan arrested more than 20 practitioners on January 7-10, 2008. They are using government finances to persecute Falun Gong.
28. [Hebei Province] Supplemental Information Regarding Arrests of Practitioners in Langfang City
Personnel from the Langfang City Police Department, from the Domestic Security Division and from the 610 Office arrested Mr. Zhang Lijun, Mr. Ma Li and Mr. Zhang Lizhi. The persecutors ransacked their homes at 6:00 p.m. on January 21, 2008. Mr. Zhang is currently being held at the city brainwashing center. Mr. Ma has been released, and Mr. Zhang is currently being held at the city detention center.
Police ransacked Mr. Liu Junrui's home in Xiazhuangtou Village in the Langfang City Development District. Mr. Liu is being held at the city brainwashing center. The evildoers locked Mr. Liu's wife in her home and did not allow her to leave.
They confiscated one of Master's pictures, two computers, a copier, a printer, three TV sets, a VCD player, a satellite TV receiver, two CD-burners, some Dafa books and 300 yuan in cash.
Langfang City Police Department: 86-316-2333333, 86-316-2333102
No. 1 Section chief's office: 86-316-2333121, 86-316-2333151
Feng Guoji, Domestic Security Division: 86-13103160886
Langfang City 610 Office head: 86-316-2015211 Ext. 6162
January 27, 2008