(Clearwisdom.net) I am a Dafa practitioner from Daqing, and am fifty-one years old. I became a practitioner in 1997. When the Chinese Communist Party started to persecute Falun Dafa on July 20, 1999, I went to Beijing twice to validate Dafa. I was arrested three times, and twice I was detained.

In 2000 when I went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa, I was arrested when I got to Shanhaiguan. I left the police station with righteous thoughts and ended up becoming homeless. On May 17, 2002, I was again arrested and was later sentenced to five years imprisonment. In 2006, I left the jail half a year early with my righteous thoughts.

As a Dafa practitioner, in facing the evil persecution, how we treat this persecution is of vital importance. Master won't recognize this persecution, and neither should we. I want to share with you how I kept on studying the Fa and validating the Fa in the jail. Please compassionately point out anything improper.

First of All, My Heart Never Left the Fa

Ever since I obtained the Fa I have always had the Fa in my mind. Before "July 20, 1999", I took two years and two months to recite Zhuan Falun, Hong Yin and most of Master's new scriptures. When I was arrested and in the jail, although I forgot many of them, I always recited Lun Yu in my mind. Every day I would recite it ten times. Even though I didn't have the chance to read Master's new scriptures timely, I would recite whatever I learned, and would write whatever I had remembered. I copied and collated what I could recall from the new scriptures into six small books, copied and collated Hong Yin into two books and Zhuan Falun into a set of nine books. I also copied and collated Master's lectures into over twenty books. Although the environment was very evil, we employed our righteous thoughts to keep Master's lectures for the other fellow practitioners to share. No matter how rampant the evil was, we always found a chance to study the Fa. If we could not study during the day, we would at night. Once we were seen by the criminal prisoners on duty, but I wasn't scared. I treated it with righteous thoughts and as a result nothing happened.

Secondly, With Strong Righteous Thoughts, I Did Not Cooperate

Since I always had the Fa in my mind, I knew what to do by myself. On December 23, 2002, I was sent to the Harbin Women's Jail from the detention center. They asked me to copy the "jail regulations" and I refused. I recalled Master's Fa, "No matter what the situation, do not cooperate with the evils demands, orders, or what it instigates. If everyone does this the environment won't be this way." (Dafa Disciples' Righteous Thoughts Are Powerful) Usually a practitioner would have to stay in "concentrated training" for three months before they were assigned to the jail. For me, I only stayed there for seven days.

The prisoner assigned to watch over me gave me job to do, but I did not move. Instead I told her, "I came here because of the persecution, I did not come here to work." I refused to do the job in the jail and I refused to be on duty in the dormitory. They had no other choice but to transfer me to the patient's cells where I paid close attention to studying the Fa and doing the exercises. At 2:00am, on my way to the washroom, I did the exercises in the hallway. I also did the sitting meditation in the day time. Once I was found doing the exercises by the security on duty and it was reported to the guard. I used the chance to clarify the truth to her. I continued to do what I was doing after that. I also started to copy the Fa, sometimes at midnight, and the guard on duty did not bother to stop me. Just like Master mentioned in "Environment" from "Essentials for Further Advancement", "The environment is created by you, yourselves, and it, too, is essential for your improvement."

Later on they changed the prisoners on duty, but I was not scared and continued to do what I was doing. When I was transferred from the "transformation" center to the patient's cell, and when they broadcast videos that defame Master, they told every practitioner to go and listen to the video, but I refused. I kept reciting the Fa and sending forth righteous thoughts.

I continued doing this for one or two months. The police tried to "transform" me, but I overcame their efforts with strong righteous thoughts. When they disallowed me to do the sitting meditation, I would still do it. The prisoner who watched me cursed me for two months, yet I still continued to practice. Later she told me that she suffered from a heart problem and said that I caused it. She asked to go and see the doctor and spent five hundred dollars, but nothing serious happened.

In order to secure the right to do the exercises, I went on a hunger strike twice, first on January 15, and then on February 2, 2006. In order to stop me from sending forth righteous thoughts, they even took away the clock on the wall. Four to five criminal prisoners held me down on the ground and beat me up. For this I went on a hunger strike for three days. When the guard came to talk to me, I clarified the truth to her and she reported the situation to the director.

I also wrote a letter with fifty-four practitioners signatures on it and mailed it to the court. The jail investigated and announced that they should not beat practitioners. I wrote three times. Sometimes when the police persecuted the practitioners, I would collect their information and have it posted on the Minghui website.

As a result of the evil persecution, I was reduced to a skeleton and had diarrhea for two months. They tried to force an injection in me, but I refused. They tried to force me to sign something, and I refused. Once they searched and took away my clothes and pens, saying that my clothes did not bear the word "prisoner," so they would burn them. I followed them to the office and asked for the clothes back. I washed away the word "prisoner" and changed the buttons that had five red stars. I refused to have my picture taken and refused to sign their things.

For the several years of being persecuted in the jail, I coordinated with other practitioners and we improved together. Some senior practitioners could hardly remember much of the Fa, and they could hardly see the small words clearly, so I would write in big words for them to read. For those who could not read, I would recite the Fa to them. We studied the Fa diligently. Since we studied the Fa well and had strong righteous thoughts, even the police searched several times and still could not find any Dafa materials.

For some time, as a result of the persecution, I could hardly handle my personal life and I had difficulty in breathing. I was then given oxygen. I recited quietly in my mind, "When Disciples Have Sufficient Righteous Thoughts, Master Has the Almighty Power to Turn the Cosmos Around."(Hong Yin II). I believe firmly in Master and Dafa and I wanted to go home with dignity.

On November 30, 2006, they allowed me to be bailed out for medical treatment. Now I am physically normal and have plunged myself into the torrent of validating Dafa and saving sentient beings.