(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Xu Kai is from Cangzhou City in Hebei Province. On November 12, 2007, his family went to the Handan City Forced Labor Camp to see him. He was very healthy and strong before his arrest. However, two guards had to physically support him during his family's visit. His facial expression appeared sluggish, and his face had obviously become disfigured. He could not raise his arms, nor did he have the strength to talk. He seemed to have lost much weight. He told the family that he had pain in his head.

The two guards kept staring at Mr. Xu in an intimidating way, as if they were afraid he would speak out about the tortures he had been subjected to. Seeing him in such condition, his family was terribly worried and demanded that labor camp officials sanction a physical examination for him and punish the criminals who had tortured him. Camp officials declared that Mr. Xu had been in that condition ever since he arrived.

Around 6:00 p.m. on August 8, 2007, eight policemen from the National Security Division at the Cangzhou City Police Department, led by Zhang Guofu, went to Mr. Xu Kai's store. They arrived in two police vehicles and arrested him. They confiscated his Falun Gong books, computers, a microphone, USB flash drives, a printer, a bank deposit certificate, cash amounting to about 1,300 yuan, a cell phone, two pairs of speakers, a small television set, and other belongings.

Xu Kai went on a protest hunger strike in the Cangzhou City Detention Center. He was force-fed multiple times and sustained constant nosebleeds. Because the detention center officials were afraid of their crimes being exposed, they refused to let Mr. Xu's family see him. His family was prevented from seeing him prior to his being secretly sent to Handan City Forced Labor Camp.

Without following any valid legal procedures, Zhang Guofu and his cohorts gave Mr. Xu a forced labor sentence of one and half years based on faked accusations. On the morning of September 8, 2007, without giving Mr. Xu's family members any notice, they secretly took him to Handan City Forced Labor Camp. Two days later, Mr. Xu's family received a phone call from labor camp officials and learned only then about his predicament. Between the time Mr. Xu was sent to the labor and when his family member received the phone call, Zhang Guofu demanded money from Xu's family members, telling them if they gave him a certain amount, Mr. Xu would be released.

Xu Kai began Falun Gong practice in the spring of 1997, after which he gave up smoking and drinking. His relatives and friends know well his kindness and friendliness.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin started the insane persecution of Falun Gong. Out of his faith in the government, Mr. Xu went to Beijing on July 22, 1999, to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. As a result, he was detained for 15 days. After that, the local police always went to his home to harass him. They even arrived very late at night, and their pounding on the door awakened all the family members. The police have disrupted Mr. Xu's family's peaceful existence.

In 2001, National Security Division police, including Wang Yixin, seized Mr. Xu Kai and detained him for nearly two months. Mr. Xu lost his job.

In the fall of 2003, Mr. Xu's father was in an accident and had surgery. A little more than ten days after his father's surgery, National Security Division agents once again nabbed Mr. Xu Kai, this time in front of his father. Having to witness this, his father wept. Since then, Mr. Xu Kai's father rarely speaks. He has suffered tremendously, both physically and mentally.

Zhang Guofu, Head of the National Security Division in Cangzhou City: 86-13930799500 (cell), 86-317-5523803 (office), 86-317-3063883 (home)
Cangzhou City Detention Center: 86-317-3599116
Guo Yu, Detention Center Director: 86-13313178910 (cell)

November 24, 2007