Additional Persecution News from China - November 16, 2007 (28 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 24 cities or counties in 16 provinces. In this report, 40 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 54 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Gonghe County, Qinghai Province] Four Practitioners Illegally Arrested
In September 2007, four Falun Dafa practitioners from Gonghe County and one relative of a practitioner were illegally arrested. Two have been put into a forced labor camp and the other two are still imprisoned.
2. [Weihai City, Shandong Province] Mr. Tong Huanxiang and Mr. Zhang Guodong Imprisoned at the Weihai City Detention Center
Mr. Tong Huanxiang and Mr. Zhang Guodong from the Gao District in Weihai City were arrested on October 11, 2007. After being imprisoned at the Weihai City Detention Center for a month, they were taken to another detention center. Mr. Tong Huanxiang is now in poor health.
3. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Famous Calligrapher Mr. Liu Xitong Arrested
Mr. Liu Xitong is a famous calligrapher and held a calligraphy exhibition from November 3 to November 8, 2007. Employees from the 610 Office in Qingdao City and the Committee of Political and Legislative Affairs harassed him during his exhibition. Mr. Liu and his wife were arrested and taken to the Dashan Detention Center in Qingdao City on November 14, 2007. Their whereabouts are currently unknown.
4. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Yuan Penghong's Family Persecuted
On the afternoon of November 15, 2007, employees of the Fangzi District 610 Office in Weifang City, police officers from the Mucun Town Police Station in the Fangzi District, and staff of the Mucun Town Party Committee ransacked Mr. Yuan Penghong's home in Mucun Town, because he watched a New Tang Dynasty television program. Yuan's eldest son, Mr. Yuan Xunke and daughter-in-law Ms. Feng Shuping were arrested and their whereabouts are currently unknown.
5. [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Mr. Wu Li and His Daughter Arrested
Mr. Wu Li, the former Chief Executive in the Gulou District of Nanjing City and his daughter were arrested by officials from the Nanjing City 610 Office.
6. [Qujing City, Shanxi Province] Mr. Ji Guoxiang Imprisoned
Mr. Ji Guoxiang was arrested by the police from the Qilin Police Department in Qujing City, late September 2007. He was sentenced to one year of forced labor and is currently imprisoned at the Sixth Division of the No. 2 Forced Labor Camp in Yunnan Province.
7. [Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Mr. Dong Huide Arrested
Mr. Dong Huide, 36 years old, is from Yongchang City, Gansu Province, and works at the Huajian Cement Company in Lanzhou City. He was arrested in Lanzhou City on November 2, 2007 and his current whereabouts is unknown.
8. [Xiantao City, Hubei Province] Update on Arrested Practitioners from Xiantao City
Some of the arrested practitioners from Xiantao City were released and could go home, including Ms. Zeng Xiaojiao, Ms. Zhang Xinjiao, and Ms. Wang Hehai. Ten practitioners are still being imprisoned at the No. 1 Detention Center in Xiantao City, including Mr. Liu Jun, Mr. Hu Feixiong, Ms. Zhou Yancai, Ms. Chen Muying, Mr. Mao Jun, Ms. Shen Huanjiao, and Mr. Fu Lingjun.
9. [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] Practitioners Faced Illegal Court Trials
Practitioners Ms. He Guoping, Ms. Xie Xiufang, and Ms. Liu Xiaolian faced an illegal trial held by the Xialu Court in Huangshi City.
10. [Shuangliu County, Sichuan Province] Practitioners Arrested Including Ms. Huang Denglian
Ms. Huang Denglian, Ms. Gao Guoxiu, Ms. Yan Lijun, and Ms. Fan worked at the Gear Factory in Sichuan Province, Shuangliu County and were arrested by the police from the Baijia Police Station in Shuangliu County on November 11, 2007.
11. [Yueyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Wang Huaizhu Being Imprisoned
On the evening of November 14, 2007, Ms. Wang Huaizhu was arrested by the police from the Luowang Police Station in Yueyang City. She is currently imprisoned at the Hubin Detention Center in Yueyang City. Another practitioner Ms. Liu Hong was also arrested on November 7, 2007.
12. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Wang Xiaohua Sentenced to Three Years in Prison
On October 8, 2007, Ms. Wang Xiaohua from the Aohanqi Region in Chifeng City was arrested at home by the police from the National Security Team in the Aohanqi Region. She was taken to the Aohanqi Detention Center and then sentenced to three years in prison. She is still imprisoned at the Aohanqi Detention Center.
13. [Jinchang City, Gansu Province] Ms. Ma Yongyan and Ms. Jiang Shixiang Arrested
On the morning of October 31, 2007, Ms. Ma Yongyan and Ms. Jiang Shixiang were arrested at their workplace by spies from the Jinchang City Security Bureau. Their homes were later ransacked.
14. [Foshan City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Zhao Yulin Arrested
On November 3, 2007, Ms. Zhao Yulin from Dali Town, Nanhai District, Foshan City was arrested and taken to the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp in Guangdong Province. Her home was ransacked as well.
15. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Detained Practitioners To be Sent to Forced Labor Camps
The following practitioners are being detained at the Shuangyashan City Detention Center as of November 2007 and the authorities are planning to sentence them to forced labor camps:
Youyi County: Mr. Tian Guomin, Ms. Gu Yufen, Mr. Lin Zhehua, Ms. Song Jixiu.
Jixian County: Ms. Qi Guoying, Ms. Zhang Chunyan.
Baoshan District: Mr. Zhang Guoyi.
Qixing Mine: Mr. Lin Yusen,
Jianshan District: Ms. Li Fenglan.
16. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Update on Mr. Xu Zhibin's Situation in Prison
On November 8, 2007, Mr. Xu Zhibin's family went to the Wafangdian Prison to visit him. But they were not allowed to see him because he did the Falun Gong exercises in prison and had a Falun Gong booklet on him. Mr. Xu Zhibin is weak from being tortured and he needs to be supported by two people when walking and weighs less than 110 pounds, though he is 6 feet tall.
Guards of the prison: 86-411-85676456
Deputy Warden, Sun Baoxu: 86-411-85676630
17. [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Tan Yajiao Suffers a Miscarriage After Being Beaten by Police
On September 18, 2004, Ms. Tan Yajiao was arrested by police officers from the Benxi City Police Department. She was imprisoned at the Dabailou Detention Center in Benxi City and tortured during interrogation. At that time, she was pregnant and the beating and kicking by the police caused her to have severe bleeding and a miscarriage.
18. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Mr. Cheng Zi Arrested
Practitioner Mr. Cheng Zi was arrested on November 10, 2007.
19. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Two Practitioners Subjected to Illegal Trials
On November 8, 2007, Mr. Shi Baosheng and Ms. Li Chunying were subjected to an illegal trial at the Honggang Court in Daqing City.
20. [Hebei City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Guilan Forced to Leave Home
In May 2007, Ms. Zhang Guilan, a retiree of the Hebei City Forestry Bureau, took many truth-clarification materials with her to the Sifang Mountain Forest Farm. When she was clarifying the facts about Falun Gong to people there, she was reported to the police. The Section Chief of the National Security Section of the Hebei City National Security Bureau, Guo Tiejun led other policemen to harass her. Ms. Zhang Guifang was forced to leave her home and go into hiding.
In January 2005, police from the National Security Section of the Hebei Forestry Bureau broke into and ransacked Ms. Zhang Guifang's home. They stole her Falun Dafa books and truth-clarification materials. They detained her for fifteen days and extorted 3,000 yuan from her family for bail.
21. [Suihua City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Liu Qigui Arrested
On November 12, 2007, Mr. Liu Qigui, in his sixties, from Suihua City was arrested at his own bicycle repair shop by employees from the Beilin District 610 Office in Suihua City and local police officers. He was taken to the 610 Office. Another senior practitioner, who was in his shop, was also arrested and released at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Mr. Liu Qigui is currently imprisoned at a detention center.
22. [Shanghai City] About Thirty Practitioners Arrested
About thirty practitioners were arrested and taken to the Qingpu Brainwashing Center in Shanghai.
23. [Chicheng County, Hebei Province] Mr. Wu Zhanhua Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
Around 4 a.m. on September 4, 2007, Mr. Wu Zhanhua from Chicheng County was arrested by patrolling police officers from the Huairou County in Beijing, when he put up Falun Dafa posters. On October 20, 2007, they sentenced him to two years of forced labor and took him to the Daxing Forced Labor Camp in Beijing.
24. [Xinji City, Hebei Province] Mr. Li Kuncai Arrested and Taken to a Brainwashing Center
On September 9, 2007, Mr. Li Kuncai from the Tianzhuang Township in Xinji City was arrested by employees from the Ningjin County 610 Office in Hebei Province. They then imprisoned him at the Ningjin City Detention Center. On October 12, 2007, he was taken to the Xingtai City Brainwashing Center. His family was not allowed to visit him.
Mr. Li Kuncai was arrested several times before. In September 2004, he was able to escape after being arrested, and abandoned his home to avoid arrest.
25. [Linchun County, Shandong Province] Practitioners Mr. Xue Qingguo and His Wife Arrested
At around 3 p.m. on November 15, 2007, Mr. Xue Qingguo and his wife from the Longgang Town in Linchun County and three contractors, who worked for him were arrested by plainclothes police. The police stole his personal belongings at his factory.
26. [Dongping County, Shandong Province] Ms. Yang Dongju Arrested
At around 11 a.m. on November 13, 2007, Ms. Yang Dongju from the Shanglaozhuang Township in Dongping County was reported to the police and arrested while distributing truth-clarification materials at a construction site of a neighboring village.
27. [Rushan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Song Shuping Arrested
On November 14, 2007, Ms. Song Shuping from Yuli Town in Rushan City was arrested.
28. [Gaomi City, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Shuhua and Ms. You Chuanxiang Arrested
On the afternoon of October 17, 2007, Ms. Liu Shuhua and Ms. You Chuanxiang from Damoujia Town in Gaomi City were arrested by police officers from the Zhougezhuang Police Station in Gaomi City. Their homes were ransacked. They are currently imprisoned at the Gaomi City Detention Center.